Boosted Characters do less damage now after Champion Patch

moogles85moogles85 Posts: 170 Tile Toppler
Before the patch, my lvl 260 boosted human torch was doing 5k per fireball.

I made him a champion and gave him 5 levels to 171. Now my level 265 boosted HT only shoots fireballs worth 4.1k damage.

I'm in the middle of doing heroics and having a much weaker character after making him a champion has just made my life more difficult.

Also impacts non-champion heroes:
Before champions went live, my 166 Deadpool while boosted to 240 in the current PvE was doing 6k with Whales. Now he's doing 4700. I thought all the boosting and stuff was going to work the same, but it seems like characters get WAY less for levels max+ now.

Our characters are still "max level" at 166 but not the theoretical max at 266 anymore. Was this intended as per comment:
"David wrote:
Moore"]
    3 and 4-Star Hero powers have been adjusted. Powers are stronger at lower levels, slightly weaker at medium levels and unchanged at Max Level.

Comments

  • CrookedKnightCrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is this only affecting champions, or is part of the damage-per-level "adjustment" they talked about?
  • hesjingixenhesjingixen Posts: 215 Tile Toppler
    This isn't just for champions. My Deadpool and Black Panther went for doing 6k+ with Whales and Rage of the Black Panther to mid 4k now, and they are NOT Champions. Scaling above max level is just jacked up now, not just for Champions.
  • 2 star level 94 storm and ares were both boosted to level 150, now as a champion at level 95 they are both boosted to 151.
    So although the level is correct. My level 150 storm used to do ~2800 damage to the enemy team with wind storm, now she does only 2495 damage to the enemy team.
  • hesjingixenhesjingixen Posts: 215 Tile Toppler
    I'd just like some response to indicate whether this is just "the new per level scaling" or if it's actually a bug and something is wrong. It definitely seems like 3* got hit much harder than 2*.
  • hesjingixenhesjingixen Posts: 215 Tile Toppler
    I just want to add that in Enemy of the State, Nick Fury's purple is hitting for 4800 vs. the unboosted number of 3800, so it seems to be like 4* are scaling OKAY. It seems like something is off with 3*.
  • PolaresPolares Posts: 2,628 Chairperson of the Boards
    Match damage for 4s is also broken. My 255 IHMB does the same max damage than my 217 ProfX, 210 Xpool, etc. (83). It is very annyoing because now my ProfX+GSBW doesnt work anymore
  • SirLanikSirLanik Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    Can confirm this disappointing apparent change as well. My boosted 3* Human Torch now fireballs for about 1,000 less damage in Heroic PVE, and my boosted Dr. Doom used to fire his Purple ability for 1100 per tile, and now it's down to 925.

    The nerf is universal obviously, but incredibly frustrating to see a nerf implemented in such a manner without being clearly explained with the feature.
  • mpqr7mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah I feel that it should be that new low-level characters are much stronger than old level characters, mid-level characters are a little stronger than old mid-level characters, maxed level characters are the same (old and new), and championed characters are stronger than max level characters.

    But instead somehow championed characters are weaker than old mid-level characters, so that doesn't seem right at all. Really sad about my championed doom having 1500 purple in pvp, when my maxed doom used to have 2000 purple when featured in pvp.
  • rkd80rkd80 Posts: 376
    This is happening across the board and impacting all boosted characters. Would like to see some clarification if this is due to scaling curve or a bug.
  • David [Hi-Fi] MooreDavid [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    Hi everyone,

    Thanks for hanging in there while awaiting a response. Here's word confirming a bug from the developers:

    "Thanks very much for the bug reports. The change to the size of the Powered-Up level bonus is a bug we're currently working on."

    Unfortunately, this will involve a code fix and the earliest we will likely be able to issue a correction is with the R94 update (still a number of weeks away). We appreciate your patience while we sort this one out.
  • udonomefooudonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2016
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Hi everyone,

    Thanks for hanging in there while awaiting a response. Here's word confirming a bug from the developers:

    "Thanks very much for the bug reports. The change to the size of the Powered-Up level bonus is a bug we're currently working on."

    Unfortunately, this will involve a code fix and the earliest we will likely be able to issue a correction is with the R94 update (still a number of weeks away). We appreciate your patience while we sort this one out.

    Thanks for the update. Glad to hear that it's a bug and not permanent. Sure takes the fun out of championing when they're actually weaker than before.

    EDIT: nevermind, they actually are still weaker than before, just the # of levels that get boosted is the bug.
  • IlyaFIlyaF Posts: 47
    Can this be fixed in R92? If not, why not? This bug is really anoying.
  • sinnerjflsinnerjfl Posts: 1,221 Chairperson of the Boards
    IlyaF wrote:
    Can this be fixed in R92? If not, why not? This bug is really anoying.

    Don't be silly now, fixing a bug within a week? That's crazy talk.

    D3/Demiurge only does big updates every 2 or 3 weeks and if a major bug occurs after a patch, they just leave the bug in until the next patch.
    Why? Who knows, it's the way they do things. And since they playtest barely anything (oh dear, it's hard to pick just one... see, Galactus Round 1), it happens on a regular basis but who cares anyway icon_e_wink.gif

    Ain't that grand?
  • turulturul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Hi everyone,

    Thanks for hanging in there while awaiting a response. Here's word confirming a bug from the developers:

    "Thanks very much for the bug reports. The change to the size of the Powered-Up level bonus is a bug we're currently working on."

    Unfortunately, this will involve a code fix and the earliest we will likely be able to issue a correction is with the R94 update (still a number of weeks away). We appreciate your patience while we sort this one out.

    Temp fix: do not boost anyone until the real fix is out. Or noone except main event character.

    Or you can compensate us 1 leg token / (down)boosted champion character / day icon_e_smile.gif
  • DayvDayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    turul wrote:
    Temp fix: do not boost anyone until the real fix is out. Or noone except main event character.

    Or you can compensate us 1 leg token / (down)boosted champion character / day icon_e_smile.gif
    How about 1,000,000 ISO per player, if we're going to dream?
Sign In or Register to comment.