Can we get a token exploit update?

ViralCore
ViralCore Posts: 168 Tile Toppler
edited January 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
It's very obvious that there are still cheaters in the system - I see new ones everyday. As we move to a new system to get covers, I'd like to know how many (percentage-wise) of the existing exploiters have been handled and how D3 plans to prevent it in the future?

Comments

• jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    Before making vague accusations like that - are you reporting them?
  • LXSandman
    LXSandman Posts: 196 Tile Toppler
    The Devs made it very clear that the exploit is obvious to them and is managed on a per use basis (Sandboxing).

You accuse people cheating, yet have no idea how they got their covers. Did you see them cheating? Do you know them and have first hand knowledge? I didn't think so.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Are you sure people aren't opening the tokens they have been hoarding for a month+ in anticipation of this feature and having their rosters make massive leaps forward? I know a lot of people like that.
  • ViralCore wrote:
    It's very obvious that there are still cheaters in the system - I see new ones everyday. As we move to a new system to get covers, I'd like to know how many (percentage-wise) of the existing exploiters have been handled and how D3 plans to prevent it in the future?

Depends. How much money have they spent?

DBC
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    The OP is likely referring to all of the top players with multiple 5*s. I've seen players with 3 SS's, 2 OML and 2 Phoenix.. that is insane! That is a lot of 5*'s from token hording/spending money. There is a player in my SHIELD Simulator with 7000 pts.. yes 7000. that's crazy. How would you not think those players are cheating? So I do not blame the OP for thinking that but there's nothing you can do but report them and those players might just be legit (and lucky!)
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    The OP is likely referring to all of the top players with multiple 5*s. I've seen players with 3 SS's, 2 OML and 2 Phoenix.. that is insane! That is a lot of 5*'s from token hording/spending money. There is a player in my SHIELD Simulator with 7000 pts.. yes 7000. that's crazy. How would you not think those players are cheating? So I do not blame the OP for thinking that but there's nothing you can do but report them and those players might just be legit (and lucky!)

Joining many buyers clubs is not cheating and buying legendaries with the resutling CP is not cheating. Spending 1575 HP a day in the sim to get into the 7k club is not cheating. These are all interrelated. It's what people are doing to stay at the top in their season brackets in PvP or have some kind of trophy.
  • ViralCore
    ViralCore Posts: 168 Tile Toppler
    Hit a sore spot, did I? When I see rosters with more 5* covers than 4*s, I can guarantee they're cheaters; and yes, I report them but that doesn't stop me from seeing new ones every week. In fact there're 2 active ones at the moment but it's against forum rules to post their names.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards

There are two above 7k in my Sim bracket. One is a notable name from the forums.

The notable 7x450 player has also been discussed ad nauseum.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

There are two above 7k in my Sim bracket. One is a notable name from the forums.

7K? Pff.
    Top in mine is 8500 and 8000.
  • A lot of money to some is nothing to others. Most people cant step out of their narrow frame of reference.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle wrote:

7K? Pff.
    Top in mine is 8500 and 8000.

Might be the same bracket. I haven't opened sim in a few days.
  • I see obvious cheaters pretty frequently. Some got more 5* covers than 4* icon_lol.gif I report them and usually it take them a long time (2+ weeks) to remove those account. Come to a point, I stop caring, I'm not a MPQ police, nor it is my job to do so.