Who to whale before HP gets nerfed?

PeterGibbons316
PeterGibbons316 Posts: 1,063
edited January 2016 in Roster and Level Help
Roster: http://mpq.gamependium.com/rosters/PeterGibbons316/

I have 30k HP to spend and am looking for opinions....

Here is what I am thinking:
- XPool Black (5/3/5): 2,500 HP
- Carnage Black x2, Green x2 (5/3/4): 10,000 HP
- Cyclops Yellow, Blue (5/3/4): 5,000 HP
- Thing Yellow (5/3/5): 2,500 HP
Total: 20k HP

This leaves me with 10k HP for shields and roster slots over the coming months. I like the idea of leaving Carnage and Cyclops at 12 covers. That way if I pull either of the covers that I don't have 5 of I can still champion (once maxed) and respec if necessary. Thor and Kingpin are already both in this position at 12 covers.

Thoughts?

Comments

• TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    my .02. I spent hp last night and might get some more to complete a few more. personally I would not spend on a 3rd strength ability that is clearly inferior to the other 2 - like thing yellow or xpool black. unless you immediately have the iso to take them to max. if you have that iso, it all makes sense. for me it will take months to get jeanbuster and ice to 270. and I have plenty of other mid-tier guys to work on after that as of today (4thor, kp). by then others will be in the mix too. and if i make one last purchase, cyke and thing will be complete. if i make this last purchase, however, for me, my 4/1/5 xpool will get a red - black is not life changing to me. my 2/5/3 rulk will get 2 purple - the red will come whenever. but they get to 90% effective (for xpool) and 99% effective (for rulk).

my position is one from a very iso poor position. if you have the iso, or acces to the iso (willing to purchase). getting guys to 13 is probably best.
  • I should have waited to make this thread. Opened over 20 LTs and pulled 3 Carnage covers and a 4Cyc. That will save me 10k HP!
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    I really wish I would have heard about the hp deadline delay before I whaled ice. now I have 2 ice covers from all the champing LTs that will be sold off. I'm holding off until Tuesday before spending any hp on abilities and I'm opening any/all tokens till then. after that, I'm hoarding again until I build iso up. then when I have enough iso to max one of my 140s or few worthy 120s, i'll open until I get one worthy of the iso, then stop, level, champ. rinse/repeat.
  • TxMoose wrote:
    I really wish I would have heard about the hp deadline delay before I whaled ice. now I have 2 ice covers from all the champing LTs that will be sold off. I'm holding off until Tuesday before spending any hp on abilities and I'm opening any/all tokens till then. after that, I'm hoarding again until I build iso up. then when I have enough iso to max one of my 140s or few worthy 120s, i'll open until I get one worthy of the iso, then stop, level, champ. rinse/repeat.
    Yeah man, EXACTLY the same for me. Was thinking I would hoard LTs until I get those 4*s I have listed above championed, but right now it makes more sense to open everything to try and save a bit of HP before I need to spend it all.

After saving myself 4 tokens and seeing Stormking's thread I think I am going to go ahead and take XPool and Thing to 5/3/5. That will make for a nice duo. I might even max Thing before Iceman.....probably not though.