Are we going to get to see a full prize list?

simonsez
simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
edited January 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I'd rather not have to commit to championing any characters without first seeing what the full list of prizes looks like. I'm somewhat skeptical that I wouldn't be better off just selling the covers and using the ISO to level up unmaxed characters. But rather than have to guess, or just take your word for it that this is an awesome feature we're gonna love, I'd really prefer to have enough information to decide for myself, How about it?

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    We'll probably have one within an hour of the feature going live.
  • simonsez
    Quebbster wrote:
    We'll probably have one within an hour of the feature going live.
    I'd be fine with that. My guess is that they're just gonna make us fly blind.
  • Yeah, the Championlist is going to be visiable, at worst, as soon as you Champion a character. So people are going to copy those lists pretty quickly.

Although, if you're just "I want Iso and nothing but Iso and nothing else matters" then yeah unless something weird happens with these iso rewards you'll probably be better off going Championless.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is what we have for now.

http://d3publisher.helpshift.com/a/marv ... -champions

What Kind of Rewards are Earned from Adding Levels?

You will receive Hero Covers, Tokens, Iso-8, Hero Points and Command Points as rewards. Each star rating has their own reward structure with most rewards being Iso-8, Hero Points and Command Points with Covers and Tokens added at increasing levels. Here are some notable rewards for each star rating:

2-Star: Heroic Tokens and a related 3-Star Hero Cover.

3-Star: Legendary Tokens and three related 4-Star Hero Covers.

4-Star: Compared to 3-Star Champions, 5x Legendary Tokens and 4x the Hero Points and Commands Points.

5-Star: Compared to 4-Star Champions, 5x Legendary Tokens and Hero Points and 6.25x the amount of Command Points.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's (almost) certainly a net Iso loss, and a HP-CP-Token/Covers gain. Plus the utility of having what amounts to a permanently boosted character when you're eventually done (most notably on the 2* characters for now). As I'm thinking about it, the tokens/covers in the 2* progression are obviously worth more than the 2* cover, so there's an outside chance it's slight net Iso positive. Same may go for the 3* if there are LTs/4* covers.

Whether that makes it worth it to a player is up to where they are and how they play.

That said, I'm sure people will start listing the rewards tonight when it goes live, so even when Demiurge/D3 doesn't list any of them, information will be available before you have to click the button.
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    It looks like a net ISO loss... but probably not a huge net ISO loss relative to the benefits of boosting the character. If the choice is "Boost this 4* another 50 levels at a cost of 4000 ISO".... that's not a bad deal at all.
  • simonsez
    DaveR4470 wrote:
    If the choice is "Boost this 4* another 50 levels at a cost of 4000 ISO".... that's not a bad deal at all.
    You have a plan for getting 50 extra covers of a given 4* in this lifetime?
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Have they actually defined what "related" character means yet?

Does that mean 3* Thor or Cap can give 4* Thoress or Falcap covers? What about characters that don't have a higher * counterpart, like Kamalla Khan or Doom? Same team? Arch-enemy?
  • DanBenZvi
    DanBenZvi Posts: 82 Match Maker
    Tatercat wrote:

Does that mean 3* Thor or Cap can give 4* Thoress or Falcap covers? What about characters that don't have a higher * counterpart, like Kamala Khan or Doom? Same team? Arch-enemy?

Some of the "related" characters are, as you point out, a bit obvious. 3 star Cap has been confirmed to give FalCap covers as a champion reward and it's likely that 3 star Thor will give Thoress. Doom will probably be Mr. Fantastic, 3 star Spidey either Miles or Eddie, etc... (Not certain how they would go with covers for characters like KK who don't have a direct connection to anyone in the next star tier.)
  • Tatercat
    DanBenZvi wrote:
    Tatercat wrote:

Does that mean 3* Thor or Cap can give 4* Thoress or Falcap covers? What about characters that don't have a higher * counterpart, like Kamala Khan or Doom? Same team? Arch-enemy?

Some of the "related" characters are, as you point out, a bit obvious. 3 star Cap has been confirmed to give FalCap covers as a champion reward and it's likely that 3 star Thor will give Thoress. Doom will probably be Mr. Fantastic, 3 star Spidey either Miles or Eddie, etc... (Not certain how they would go with covers for characters like KK who don't have a direct connection to anyone in the next star tier.)

Is there anyway they can release a 4* Drax in the next few hours before I use the 2 Groot covers I won in PVE on my maxed version of him, in a vain effort to avoid Starlord covers? icon_e_sad.gif
  • newton999
    newton999 Posts: 34 Just Dropped In
    KK is an avenger now in comicbook, Miles too. So maybe KK will give Miles and Spiderman, Venom
  • jordanix
    jordanix Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    I'm most interested in seeing what 3* will correspond with icon_ghostrider.png
  • Tatercat
    jordanix wrote:
    I'm most interested in seeing what 3* will correspond with icon_ghostrider.png

Punisher I guess? Like mind set and all, including colors. Maybe Kingpin, tho I think Bullseye will likely go to him (if DD get elektra).
  • Tatercat
    Actually all this means (with the related 4* characters) that since there are no more 3*'s coming, that all the existing ones will be "locked" to just the current 4* list (25, i think?) That means champion rewards will never get you access to the characters introduced after today. (Other than normal competition) That's... going to be disappointing at some point in the next year.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    DaveR4470 wrote:
    It looks like a net ISO loss... but probably not a huge net ISO loss relative to the benefits of boosting the character. If the choice is "Boost this 4* another 50 levels at a cost of 4000 ISO".... that's not a bad deal at all.
    Have the calculations done assigned an ISO value to champion token rewards? I've seen figures that look at the champion ISO rewards vs the champion fee + value of covers invested, but I can't find them and don't remember if they took into account the value of the tokens.