Game Economy Update?

elwhiteninja
elwhiteninja Posts: 209 Tile Toppler
edited January 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
So with the change to the way covers are going to be unable to be purchased with HP, will HP be taking a back burner and CP be purchasable? I now see no reason to purchase HP aside from roster slots and would NEVER EVER purchase it in order to get CP as $100 would net not even 5% of a 4 star cover. I have enough HP to buy 3 four star covers at the moment but I don't want to just throw them away if HP is going to become very rare and CP is going to start flowing. I only seeing this change hurt both the game economy and ultimately D3's income if there is not some transparency regarding the issue. Oh sure we can still buy card packs for this but I don't know about some people I hate the idea of buying a pack for a chance at something. I prefer to use my earned and purchased currency for something that is going to be either immediately useful or help me greatly in the long run.

Power Upgrades

Beginning January 7th, you can use Command Points to purchase Power Upgrades for your 3-Star or better heroes. This replaces Hero Points. 1-Star and 2-Star Power Upgrades can no longer be purchased with Hero Points.

Power Upgrades will now cost:

3-Star: 20 Command Points
4-Star: 120 Command Points
5-Star: 720 Command Points

So that sounds as if HP will now become a silly thing to purchase unless the way packs are bought changes dramatically. ATM $100 gets you 20000 spideycoin.png which would be 20 rosters slots at the highest level and 7 CP a joke in the new system, as I can buy 6 leg tokens for the price of one cover.

Of course I am speaking from a place of ignorance as champions have not launched and it is possible we will see a massive influx of CP tomorrow but I for one with this new change know I will probably never buy HP again. And while I am not a whale I have purchased more than $100 and was very close to buying more this Christmas but had a bunch of unexpected bills, and lets face it kids are expensive. But could we get some clarification on this new system and how it will impact the old so we can make informed decisions before the change goes live.

Comments

• GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Theres a huge thread with dozens of reponses.

1-It's not happening tommorow

2- As usual the responses are overall extremely negative because, as usual, we've been given no data besides the barest of minimums.

We may see an influx of CP, we may see they've removed all traces besides money.

Who knows.
  • elwhiteninja
    elwhiteninja Posts: 209 Tile Toppler
    Yeah I saw the extension till the 13th but have many unanswered questions
  • Lukoil
    Lukoil Posts: 266 Mover and Shaker
    or they can make that 40 packs are gurantee all 3 covers for featured character (like they already do with LT). Soo 16000 Hp will give you 3 covers for new character + LT
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    The biggest thing missing that is putting everyone on edge is WHAT ARE THE REWARDS FOR RAISING A CHAMPIONED CHARACTER A LEVEL??

If you take a 2* Champion and add 50 covers, you supposedly get 50 rewards along the way. If this includes upwards of 20 CP's, it may not be so bad. But if it's riddled with 140 ISO rewards and the occasional solitary CP, it's going to suck.

But for whatever reason they have refused to leak any information in regards to champion progression rewards...
  • AtlasAxe
    AtlasAxe Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    I've never bought HP to get a cover. I buy for shields and slots. I've rarely spent on other things, like a single daily deal for a token. That may be atypical, but that's where I would see the utility of HP in future.