Liliana Deck Tips

Merrci
Merrci Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
Want to know what you guys would suggest for building up a Lilana deck it's my favorite Planeswalker so figured I would build her deck.

Comments

• I would not bother with her until you have some good cards.

She only has one real removal (Unholy Hunger) so most of the time you should focus on efficient creatures and forcing discards with her ability and spells.
  • Merrci
    pandabear wrote:
    I would not bother with her until you have some good cards.

She only has one real removal (Unholy Hunger) so most of the time you should focus on efficient creatures and forcing discards with her ability and spells.

So would you recommend a Planeswalker until then?
  • Its up to you, but both Chandra and Gideon have much stronger early game (<level 10-20).
  • Meto5000
    Meto5000 Posts: 583
    At level 8, Gideon's 3 mana planeswalker ability gives a creature you control +1/+1 and vigilance (aka defender that's not technically defender). Even with a deck full of common creatures the Planeswalker ability alone will allow you to win games.
  • Merrci
    Yeah..that's amazing I'm using Nisaa right now just thinking about pumping gems into Lilana I feel like she would be great eventually but haven't had time to play with her yet.
  • Meto5000 wrote:
    At level 8, Gideon's 3 mana planeswalker ability gives a creature you control +1/+1 and vigilance (aka defender that's not technically defender). Even with a deck full of common creatures the Planeswalker ability alone will allow you to win games.

And when Call to Arms becomes +2/+2, the game is on! Mine is at level 20. I can't wait to see where he goes from here!
  • Lilianna is a Planeswalker that I wouldn't really touch until she at least has Raise Dead. Mine is at level 20 and doesn't has that yet, as a result, I can only win games very slowly because her creatures are heavy and her spells and loyalty abilities are symmetrical, as a result, you have to take things very slowly to succeed with her. This is what my Lili deck looks like

Creatures

Graveblade Marauder (15)
    Blood-Cursed Knight (17)

Spells

Soul Reave (3)
    Evolving Wilds (3)
    Eyeblight Massacre (9)
    Languish (12)

Supports

Blightcaster (6)
    Meteorite (8)
    Sigil of Valor (9)
    Mage-Ring Network (14)

The strategy goes as following: Charge up a Meteorite or a Mage-Ring Network to keep a steady flow of mana going, which will allow you to have a levy of spells ready to decimate your opponents. There are a multitude of combos you have at your disposal to just blow up the opponent's board that there's no way anything remains if you chain your cards correctly. Be it Meteorite with Blightcaster, Languish into Soul Reave, or just general use of Grave Mist alongside your spells keeps everything off the board so you can take the game with your few creatures. Graveblade Marauder is a 4/7 Deathtouching Berserker, but his main asset is that he deals 5 damage to the enemy when he attacks directly, becoming a deadly fast clock as long as you can keep the board clean. Blood-Cursed Knight admittedly drops easily since he's only a 5/4 if he triggers, but with either Sigil of Valor or just a weak board on the opponent's part and he can easily recover you every single ounce of life you've lost through the game

I've seen some of hte black cards I don't have on the cardlist posted in these forums, there are definitelly some things I'd like to try and some cards that I could definitelly use, but so far, with what I have and how black sadly is at the moment, it's what's working best and most fun
  • Unknown
    edited January 2016
    Edit: Nevermind posted the wrong deck.
  • EDUSAN
    EDUSAN Posts: 197 Tile Toppler
    im lvl 49 with liliana and she was my 1st (and only) planeswalker and i had no troubles finishing the story mode (im still working on trying to get the hard crystal achievements

and when i pvp i dont do that bad, i have troubles with decks that use too many supports because Black has never been a good color to beat enchantments and in mtgpq that remains

my worst enemy is jace in that matter
    and i dont have most of the good black cards

to me liliana is the planeswalker that really needs you to level her up. her lvl 3 2nd skill and the level 2 or 3 of the 3rd skill are game changers, specially because the creatures that do something when the come into play do their habilities when you summon them with liliana's power. i do good use of the 5/3 that kills a creature of your own and one of the enemy.
  • I managed to get Demonic Pact so my strat with her is kill things with unholy hunger, cruel revival, zombies and brawlers plate, then end it with demonic pact and priest of the blood rite.
  • fleshbag marauder + despoiler of souls been working for me (sacking the despoiler when I have 3 mana turns it into onesided removal)

bloodcursed knight/ fetid imp + sword of the animist is nice too (with imp to activate the trigger and for the knight to activate the lifelink)
  • Actually, a very powerful Liliana deck can be built around the first ability and some common removal. My Liliana deck uses cheap aggressive creatures backed up by Corrupt to empty your opponents hand. If you have Cruel Revival, it gives you game against control decks by allowing you to recur ever present zombies. It is surprisingly effective.
  • Here is the Liliana deck I have so far, only level 17 with her.

Creatures:

Eyeblight Assassin (10) : Kills pesky X/1's
    Despoiler of Souls (12) : Cause why not. hard to get rid of.
    Fleshbag Marauder (10) : To get rid of problem creatures
    Revenant (15) : Summons 2 - 2/2 Zombies, turns to a nice 4/4 and 3/4 for 15
    Malakir Cullblade (9) : Needed a cheap minion, 3/3 provides early pressure.
    Kothophed, Soul Hoarder (14) : Flyer to get over Gideon's blockers

Spells:

Languish (12) : Board Clear
    Dark Petition (9) : Recur those that are in graveyard.
    Read the Bones (4) : Fill hand to search for what you need.

Support:

Sword of Animist (7) : Attack ability can destroy pesky supports as well as make some unforseen combos.

This is a creature heavy deck, however I've only lost to Gideon's who get started faster, and Agro Chandra.
  • I'm lv 50 and do very well with her here is my deck
    Black deck
    Creatures
    Despoiler of Souls
    Priest of the Blood Rite
    Fleshbag marauder

Supports
    Caves of Koilos
    Llanowar wastes

Spells
    Unholy hunger
    Weight of the underworld
    Dark petition
    Read the bones
    Reave soul
  • Fitomagic
    Fitomagic Posts: 25
    My deck

Dark petición
    Unholy hunger
    Brawler plate
    Animist sword
    Dewpoiler of soul
    Fñeshbag marauder
    Kotoped
    Priest of blood rite
    Alhamarret archive
    The other support that give 2 life

Wprks very well
  • Try using Necromatic summons if you have a big creature you want to cheat in. Pitch it to your graveyard with her first ability then bring it back out with summons much cheaper. Yeah opponent gets a creature back but most likely you get much better end of the bargin.