I'd appreciate some advice on how to use up my HP

Sabrecat
Sabrecat Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
edited January 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Playername: Sabrecat
Alliance: LeagueOfLegend (I didn't name it icon_e_wink.gif )

I'm an 800+ day player who doesn't normally buy HP or ISO. With the upcoming change, I figure that I should use my Hero Points to buy a few covers while I still can. I suppose I'm a 3* player transitioning to 4*, but the transition is so slow as to be non-existent. I've got tons of max-covered 3*s, but only two 4*s worth a damn: Wolverine and Nick Fury. Each are stuck at 12 covers (I've sold no less than EIGHT green Wolverine covers waiting for that 3rd yellow). The rest of my 4*s have somewhere from one to five covers.

I have enough HP for two covers. I suppose I'm looking for more of a long-term benefit -- certainly there's little short-term benefit to be gained from taking 4* Deadpool from five to seven covers. I usually earn my 4* covers from the relevant PVE release event. I almost never make it to 1k points in PVP, although I often can get close; I have neither the energy nor HP to shield hop and generally stall out around 800 points or so. My alliance doesn't rank significantly. This means that my 4* covers trickle in.

My thought now is to buy the last cover for Wolverine so he could theoretically be championed. But what to do for the other cover? I could also buy Fury's last yellow cover for the same reason, but Fury's not exactly a badass compared to other 4*s. Alternatively, I could buy a cover for one of the super-useful 4*s in the hope that I'll eventually get more covers via CP and the character will be that much closer to being relevant.

Should I max out Wolvy and Fury? Or should I get another 4*'s cover/s instead? If the latter, who?

I appreciate any advice.

Comments

• snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    Since your covers only trickle in and you arent making fast progress because you cant reach 1000 in pvp my advice would be not to buy any covers but to spend it on roster slots. Best progress you will make will be in pve so just look at your 4*s you have now as key hole covers, meaning try to get one of each to unlock the abilty to play every essential node in pve. It will be your best way to progress because if you dont bring up 5 or 6 of them at the same time all you will do is screw up your scaling. If you can play every essential node you can bag a Legendary Token every pve and that is how you will make your best progress. Plus the extra chances for command points that affords you will make a big difference too.

For instance, I have never been lucky enough to pull a Kingpin cover. He is the only 4* that I dont have so any time he is an essential in pve I'm hobbled so badly that I usually dont even play. I've had to make a big committment to earning enough hp to get all those slots but its been worth it. If I ever pull KP I have enough saved up for his slot. Fingers crossed.
  • I'm in a similar position, but less fully developed than you. I'm strongly considering blowing my entire wad to get ProfX ready for winfinite. GSBW and SW are at 11 and 10 covers each, and since I'll be championing them ASAP colors don't really matter for them. My profX is 1/1/3 (3 yellow) and I could spend 7500 HP for 3 blue, then after the update spend 120 CP for his 5th blue. Would basically wipe out all my savings of HP and CP, but I'm thinking that with winfinite I could place more easily and more highly in PvE. I could also climb to maybe 800+ in PvP (I can't quite do it now).

The thinking would be that all the extra 3* covers, LTs, and CPs would be worth the kick-start. But I don't know if I want to give up 7 roster spots the way they're spitting out new 4*s, and I don't know if I want to sacrifice my only chance at 5*s by spending CP on a 4* cover instead. Anyway, if you're not looking to be a PvP power house, I think this _might_ be a good way to go. Until they "balance" winfinite again...