Willbreaker is broken

Options
Rpowers 3000
Rpowers 3000 Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
I just played against Willbreaker and they were able to steal 2 of my creatures in a turn. While I don't find this ability unbalanced, they were able to control 4 creatures at once which seems to almost break the rules of the game.

I don't think this card should allow anyone to control more than 3 creatures.

Comments

• BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Wow, I would not have guessed that was possible.
  • Just FYI cards that allow you temporary control of a creature (Enthralling Victor, Act of Treason, Willbreaker) allow you to exceed the maximum creature cap.

I've been able to control 5 creatures even, though the 5th creature doesn't display.

I really don't see anything wrong with this.
  • pandabear wrote:
    Just FYI cards that allow you temporary control of a creature (Enthralling Victor, Act of Treason, Willbreaker) allow you to exceed the maximum creature cap.

I've been able to control 5 creatures even, though the 5th creature doesn't display.

I really don't see anything wrong with this.

At the point where the 5th creature doesn't display and the UI isn't yet accommodated for more than 3 creatures, it's definitely a problem.
  • The_Leftist
    Options
    It's just for a turn, and actually is very lightweight compared to what some mtg cards let you do in real life, and to some of the cards available for the game.

However, it would be nice to be able to see the 5th or 6th card. The sphinx support card also has a bug, as you can't choose the 5th or 6th card in your hand as a discard. Give them some time, and they will get to it, but don't expect them to nerf this card when there are a lot more over powered cards running rampant right now (harbinger, Thoptor network + angelic tomb, etc)
  • Meto5000
    Meto5000 Posts: 583
    Options
    It's just for a turn, and actually is very lightweight compared to what some mtg cards let you do in real life, and to some of the cards available for the game.

However, it would be nice to be able to see the 5th or 6th card. The sphinx support card also has a bug, as you can't choose the 5th or 6th card in your hand as a discard. Give them some time, and they will get to it, but don't expect them to nerf this card when there are a lot more over powered cards running rampant right now (harbinger, Thoptor network + angelic tomb, etc)

If Willbreaker wasn't able to break the "3 creature" rule, it'd end up being a 12 mana do-nothing 2/3 most of the time - it's already only fringe playable compared to the rest of the overpowered blue cards that exist.
  • Yea...willbreaker is really bad. The only time it is useful is if you're losing.

And if you're losing, you're not looking to cast a 12 mana 2/3 + another spell.
  • Rpowers 3000
    Rpowers 3000 Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    Options
    If Willbreaker can break the 3 creature rule, why can't I cast more than three creatures? I guess that is my complaint. I think Willbreaker functions just fine, the arbitrary 3 creature rule is dumb. One of these rules needs to change.
  • If Willbreaker can break the 3 creature rule, why can't I cast more than three creatures? I guess that is my complaint. I think Willbreaker functions just fine, the arbitrary 3 creature rule is dumb. One of these rules needs to change.

I mean, it makes sense because you won't be able to show all your creatures, so you won't be able to see their health, target them for abilities, etc.

The willbreaker etc stuff happens at the very end of a turn and is a temporary thing which means you don't need to target them for spells or check their status.

It makes a lot of sense if you actually think about it.
  • I like the three creature rules. It prevents the board from flooding and leads to strategizing.
  • Keral_Keep wrote:
    I like the three creature rules. It prevents the board from flooding and leads to strategizing.

I agree, but...Nissa. By L26 she is 9/1/3. I get that each PW should be different and much of the utility lost from lack of spells and support is found in the abilities of her creatures, but at a minimum you're looking at 6 creatures. That's a lot of creature cycling if one wants to access utility effects.