Halp! After the update, HP can buy the initial 13 covers?

Stormking3
Stormking3 Posts: 38
edited January 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
After the update, will HP be able to buy the initial 13 covers for a character? I have several characters sitting at various states, and 31,500 HP I plan on using to upgrade them. My alliance chat states only CP will buy covers. This would make my stash near useless!

So is this true or false? Keep in mind I only care about the initial 13 covers. I wouldn't waste HP for leveling anyway.

Please reply as soon as possible. Things change tomorrow potentially...

Comments

• ynglink
    ynglink Posts: 195
    HP will not be able to be used for covers after tomorrow. So choose wisely what you're gonna do with that HP right now.
  • Thanks. Now for some help....

Whale who?
    HB?
    JG?
    Ice?
    Thing?

I have each at about 3-5 covers.

For reference, I have Xpool and Rulk fully covered. 4clops missing just a yellow, and Xforce and 4hor at 8 covers.

One last thing. I have 2 $100 gift cards I might throw at it too. Or mayhaps they are more valuable after the switch?
  • Rhycar
    Rhycar Posts: 107 Tile Toppler
    Yep, HP won't be able to buy covers after the patch goes live. I just spent my hoarded HP getting the rest of the Red Hulk and 4pool covers I was missing.
  • ynglink
    ynglink Posts: 195
    Stormking3 wrote:
    Thanks. Now for some help....

Whale who?
    HB?
    JG?
    Ice?
    Thing?

I have each at about 3-5 covers.

For reference, I have Xpool and Rulk fully covered. 4clops missing just a yellow, and Xforce and 4hor at 8 covers.

One last thing. I have 2 $100 gift cards I might throw at it too. Or mayhaps they are more valuable after the switch?
    If you play a lot of PvP, I'd say HB. PvE I'd probably do Iceman. Just depends I suppose. I'd hold onto the gift cards to be honest. We don't know how the market is going to change after tomorrow.
  • Trying to transition to PvP. 4clops is holding up pretty well with Rulk. Would HB be a waste?

How about the old Xpool and Thing combo? Heard that's legit. Or is it not really that much of a scare crow?
  • amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Stormking3 wrote:
    Trying to transition to PvP. 4clops is holding up pretty well with Rulk. Would HB be a waste?

How about the old Xpool and Thing combo? Heard that's legit. Or is it not really that much of a scare crow?

Don't know about thing/dp4, as I'm lacking Thing red to try. But, while cyke/rulk is very good, and was my primary team for a while, I've switched to imhb/rulk. So I'd say not a waste.
  • morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    Stormking3 wrote:
    Trying to transition to PvP. 4clops is holding up pretty well with Rulk. Would HB be a waste?

HB/Rhulk is a very strong team. 4Clops/Rhulk is pretty similar as you say, but HB/Rulk is probably faster. HB also pairs better with Iceman than 4Clops, though.

XDP/Thing is a fine enough team, but it's slow. It does deter some attacks, but you can play around it, and an Iceman team, or Winfinite will beat it too. I use XDP/Thing + a third in Shield Sim, and it's a good combo, but I use Jeanbuster more often in Season PvP, because it's much, much faster. XDP/Thing is also good for overscaled PvE nodes, they can take a real beating and hit back hard. CDfW + Yancy is unreliable as a combo, and is probably secondary to Rock Solid/X-Enforcer.

So, it depends on what you're trying to do with your teams.
  • Chirus
    Chirus Posts: 191 Tile Toppler
    I've heard good things about xfdp/kingpin pairing. Anyone try this duo?
  • That reminds me. I could whale KP or ProfX too!. Decisions, decisions!

Thinking about whaling HB, JG and Ice!
    But I do play some PvE pretty heavy, so with that said, if I whaled Thing, which of HB, JG or Ice should I pass on?
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    Chirus wrote:
    I've heard good things about xfdp/kingpin pairing. Anyone try this duo?

Mine is not max covered but I did use it several times. I still think xfdp/xfw is much better. You blow up all the count downs at once and since each deal damages independently, it will carry over to the next target if the first is downed. Kingpin on the other hand requires too much black to pop all the count downs.
  • Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    Spend your gift cards on Marvel Future Fight. They'll give you a lot more for your money. Just wait for another sale. (which they seem to have quite frequently)