5* pulled & Championing coming - how do I level from here?

DAC169
DAC169 Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
edited January 2016 in Roster and Level Help
Had a big long post made that was too much "wall-of-text" & then boards went down, so I'm simplifying things

What's going on -
  1. pulled a 5* cover that now expires in 7 days 21 hours
  2. plan to roster it since 5*s are so hard to come by but I'm waiting for last minute
  3. scaling will be rekt as my roster is currently over 100 levels below 5* starting level

What I'm sitting on right now -
  • all 3*s at level 146 except Loki & Sentry (stopped leveling in the 130s), only missing 1 Bullseye cover (and the 1.8 MILLION ISO) to max everyone
  • 5 4*s that can be leveled past 166, if barely
  • 78,831 ISO (todays DPD is completed, skipping this PvE, & don't do PvP because of terrible "scaling" - so no more today)
  • 1025 HP - enough for that 1 roster slot
  • 5* cover that expires in 7 days 21 hours
  • 19 3* covers including 7 She-Hulk & 3 Spider-man - next to expire is DocOk in 2 days 8 hours
  • 12 2* covers - next to expire is in 2 days 7 hours
  • 448 Standard Tokens
  • 114 Heroic Tokens
  • 53 Command Points (would have been more, but I couldn't resist getting more 4* covers)
  • 20 Event tokens from 4 different events
  • 157 (current) Taco Tokens
  • 161 (inactive) Taco Tokens

Highest 4*s -
  • 146 Nick Fury - 4/2/3 - max level of 188 (needs 58,473 ISO to reach)
  • 146 Invisible Woman - 1/3/4 - max level of 172 (needs 29,374 ISO to reach)
  • 146 Thoress - 3/4/1 - max level of 172 (needs 29,374 ISO to reach)
  • 146 Elektra - 2/3/3 - max level of 168 (needs 24,258 ISO to reach)
  • 140 Devil Dinosaur - 4/4/1 - max level of 192 (needs 58,581 ISO to reach)
  • 127 Jean Grey - 2/2/2 - at current max level
  • have all 4*s except X-23
  • next 4* from Daily Resupply is Star-Lord (currently between Elektra's last & Star-Lord's first)
  • never really had the money to buy HP to buy covers, but that's about to become a moot point anyway

Options -
  1. level my 4*s past 166, then 3*s
  2. level my 3*s to max 1 by 1 based on how useful I think they'll be (currently 48,589 ISO to max out a 3*)
  3. max & Champion She-Hulk since I have 7 covers of her - next expires in 4 days 10 hours. I only really used her when buffed
  4. max & Champion Spider-Man since I have 3 covers of him - next expires in 3 days 17 hours. I don't care what people say, I like him as is & he fits PERFECTLY on the team I had been using for PvP Sim
  5. focus on leveling 3*s I use outside of buffs until they're max, then the others
  6. keep leveling as I have been - wait until I have the ISO to level everyone 3 times, then give them each whole levels until their abilities increase in power (2-3 levels)*
  7. level similarly to how I have been, but just do it each time everyone can level once*
then there's also the stacks of tokens & Championing 2*s to consider...
*also to consider on these options - when do I stop leveling everyone at once & start just maxing them 1 by 1?
  • 15 levels left? 37,190 ISO to max
  • 10 levels left? 25,293 ISO to max
  • 5 levels left? 12,897 ISO to max <--- furthest I'd wait

Before anyone asks -
  • soft-capping & leveling all characters together because I've experienced the scaling that happens in PvE when you have some characters be higher leveled than the rest
  • I've been keeping all 2*s-4*s (except Bag-Man) for when they're required
  • ever since I leveled to 130, PvP past the seed teams is basically nothing but maxed 3*s & sometimes a 4* missing covers that's level 145-185 but sometimes as high as 200. often 1 of the other characters is boosted, sometimes none or both. so PvP was hard but doable
  • ever since I leveled past 140, PvP past the seed teams is basically nothing but maxed 3*s & usually a 4* maxed(or nearly) on covers that's level 200+ but rarely as low as 185. even rarer to see a non-boosted 3* than to find a 4* under level 200. so PVP is hard enough it's not really worth the effort

One thing I have decided is that for the 2*s I Champion, I'll stop them before they give me a 3* cover until that 3* is Championed.

Comments

• Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Long post mate icon_e_smile.gif

First of all the sole 5* will do you no harm. Just don't level him/her. Your 3 and 4* when boosted for the event reach the 250 (or close) anyway so the difference in scaling is minimal if any (i have 3 unleveled 5* and noticed no difference). In terms what to do next?

I would keep stashing tokens until you are ready to champion some 3*. So i guess you need to bring top level 3* to 166 (I would try with two-three at a time with good synergies). That way PVP will be more playable (I have no problem reaching 1k progression if I want it and I use one or two shieleds maximum; again - my roster is mainly 166 3*). Top would be Cyclops, Iron fist, Scarlet, Khamala, Thor, Luke Cage, Magento (beast when boosted), Black Panther, Deadpool, Grey Suit (if you have Scarlet and some blue covers for prof X - otherwise not top). When they are featured or boosted in PVP you will notice the difference. Plus there is really no point in gimping (soft capping) your team (maybe at lvl 94 it works in PVE). And the PVP will be playable again (so more HP, covers, etc).

No point for you to add levels to 4* yet but you could open the Legendary tokens and start adding covers. You miss the wellcovered hulkbuster or Jean - they could speed up the transition. Invisible woman and Electra won't.

You have iso shortage so maybe spend some time opening the standard tokens. You will get mostly iso from it anyway but with 448 of them it's anything from 44800 (such bad luck is not possible) to over 100k ISO (I doubt such good luck). That could help with bringing some 3* to 166.

As for HP shortage - I would reconsider having all 2* in your roster. Unless awards for adding "champion" covers are mind blowing the Moonstones of the world remain ****. Wait a while to see how the feature looks but I would sell the hell out of them and kept only some for DDQ. I think having all of 2* is for players who drop $ into the game. (btw - you didn't mention 1* - any other than Jaggs should be sold as well if you need roster spots).
  • jordanix
    jordanix Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    Magic wrote:
    Long post mate icon_e_smile.gif

First of all the sole 5* will do you no harm. Just don't level him/her. Your 3 and 4* when boosted for the event reach the 250 (or close) anyway so the difference in scaling is minimal if any (i have 3 unleveled 5* and noticed no difference).

I just want to second this motion. Your 3*'s are at a point where it will not completely devastate your scaling to add the 5*.

I also agree with not leveling the 5*. Personally I enjoy playing with my single cover 5*. The match damage is hilarious and I will often bring him out against Hood or anyone else I want to burn down quickly with match damage.