After three weeks away

Options
Purty_Hawkeye
Purty_Hawkeye Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
edited February 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
TL/DR: Back after 3 weeks gone the same problems remain and I don't care as much.

After being faced with a wall of 230 goons at the beginning of Heroic Oscorp and the number of poorly communicated game changing decisions, HP for boosts, still broken MMR but having a pay for play tourney, and the general lack of responsibility from the devs to have the simple courtesy to say "sorry we made a mistake". Not give me a prize just admit we made a mistake I took what I thought would be a one week break but a funny thing happened it turned in to almost three weeks. I've been looking over the boards to see if anything has changed for the better. There certainly seems to be trends towards improvement but the core problems still seem to remain. Everyone is complaining about lvl 230 opponents in the PvE and there is a new twist if you have a lousy roster you have a chance to win more than someone who has been playing for weeks. MMR still seems to be an issue with it completely imploding in the second pay for play tourney when nobody could find an opponent for more than zero points. It took a week but the devs finally did mange to say they were sorry for the boost issue.
So it looks a bit like same stuff different day to me.
For me personally that week of poor decisions broke my fever for the game. For nearly four months all the money I devote to gaming went to MPQ. Now I still have a decent roster and will still be competitive but in the previous four months when a new character arrived I would do whatever it took to get all three new covers and then spend HP to level immediately to 3/3/3 and if necessary buy enough HP to finish that and pour the iso i had to bring it to level cap. On my return this afternoon looking around I see Psylocke is the prize and I looked and shrugged my shoulders because I don't care as much as I did. I've found other outlets to game and to spend money these last three weeks. MPQ is back on my phone but I think it is like an old lover I had a torrid romance with once, the thrill is gone.

Comments

• Titan...fall...demo.
  • Purty_Hawkeye
    Purty_Hawkeye Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Titan...fall...demo.

Exactly since the beta ended last night that was what got me to think about coming back here.
  • It's funny, I was the same way with the Facebook Avengers game. Loved it to death, but after a few weeks off, never went back; damn my attention span.

I know that if I took a little break from this game, I won't come back. I just want them to make a fun game LoL
  • It's funny, I was the same way with the Facebook Avengers game. Loved it to death, but after a few weeks off, never went back; damn my attention span.

I know that if I took a little break from this game, I won't come back. I just want them to make a fun game LoL

It takes a special game for me go be able go leave and come back. For example, mass effect 3. I stopped part way through the game. Tried to come back and each time I got about a mission in before I got bored again. Only thing pushing me was the story. Still haven't finished. Why? I drained myself playing the multiplayer (which was fun) AMD so playing the campaign was. Boring and easy in comparison...and once I left I didn't care about the only thing in that case that drove me forward: the story.

I agree, if I stopped for a 2 weeks or more I prob Just would.t come back.

If anything its not attention span, bit you kinda realize you were doing it for reasons other than fun and relaxation. Af which point, why ARE you doing it? Usually that reason can be found elsewhere in newer things that are still fun to you.

It takes a special game for me go be able go leave and come back. For example, mass effect 3. I stopped part way through the game. Tried to come back and each time I got about a mission in before I got bored again. Only thing pushing me was the story. Still haven't finished. Why? I drained myself playing the multiplayer (which was fun) AMD so playing the campaign was. Boring and easy in comparison...and once I left I didn't care about the only thing in that case that drove me forward: the story.

If anything its not attention span, bit you kinda realize you were doing it for reasons other than fun and relaxation. Af which point, why ARE you doing it? Usually that reason can be found elsewhere in newer things that are still fun to you.

I've tried to quit and go back to multiple games. 1 did the trick for a bit.
    Played Arcane Legends for the better part of a year if not more than a year. Quit for 3-4 months.
    Went back and started playing it again. It lasted about 2-3 weeks before I was playing something else.
  • the most that i ever quit for was 2 days during TaT...i was pretty fed up w everything and i had isht to do that weekend. i thought that i was done for good, but i came back and have been enjoying myself since. hope it lasts.

marv
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    It's funny, I was the same way with the Facebook Avengers game. Loved it to death, but after a few weeks off, never went back; damn my attention span.

I find it pretty difficult to go back, too. I have both FFXIII-2 and Ni No Kuni about 3/4ths of the way in, and I just can't get myself to finish them. I liked the games just fine, but had to take a week break or something at one time, and just never popped it back in. It's weird, when I was much younger...that kind of stuff would never happen...
  • I'm like that right now with Dragon Age 2. I had played DA1, but never 2. In my excitement for the upcoming DA3, I ran out and bought DA2 and was playing like a fanatic, reading forums, planning tactics and specs, researching BIC armor/weapons etc. Then one day I just didn't log on...and then the next day...and then the next. Now it's been like three months and I don't know if I'll ever go back to finish it. No idea why I stopped playing, but once gone it's so hard to get that initial woot woot back. The list of games I haven't finished in my lifetime is about twice as long as the list of those I've completed. If I ever take a break from MPQ, I doubt I would be back. The longest I've ever gone is like two days. The obsession must be fed or it will die! icon_e_confused.gif
  • Nemek wrote:
    It's funny, I was the same way with the Facebook Avengers game. Loved it to death, but after a few weeks off, never went back; damn my attention span.

I find it pretty difficult to go back, too. I have both FFXIII-2 and Ni No Kuni about 3/4ths of the way in, and I just can't get myself to finish them. I liked the games just fine, but had to take a week break or something at one time, and just never popped it back in. It's weird, when I was much younger...that kind of stuff would never happen...

That's funny, I am actually playing FFXIII-2 right now, I put MPQ down last weekend and grinded it something silly to completion. Still got a lot of stuff to do to get to 100% but finding i'd rather do that, than play MPQ right now. First time my Xbox has been on in a couple months, since I completed Lego Marvel to 100%.

I think it's more likely fatigue with MPQ that had taken me back to other gaming. I can grind out 230s no problem, I just don't want to right now.