The future of critical boosts.. A poll

OneLastGambit
OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
edited January 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi there,

If you're all like me and NEVER use critical boosts you might find it slightly annoying that it is the easiest prize in the game to obtain (no... 20iso is not a prize). So I created this poll to see what people want to do with them...

Mod Edit: added another poll option between "love" and "don't care", enabled re-voting. -DayvBang
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    I created a thread on this back in October when the Galactus nodes were handing out critical boosts.

The 2nd run of Galactus removed the critical boosts, but they weren't removed from the rewards for other events like they should have been.

I don't care of they want to hand out critical boosts as a random reward for winning a fight, like other boosts, but to have them as a node reward is ridiculous.
  • OneLastGambit
    Orion wrote:
    I created a thread on this back in October when the Galactus nodes were handing out critical boosts.

The 2nd run of Galactus removed the critical boosts, but they weren't removed from the rewards for other events like they should have been.

I don't care of they want to hand out critical boosts as a random reward for winning a fight, like other boosts, but to have them as a node reward is ridiculous.

I didn't see that poll, the only time I visited the forums back in the galactus days was to direct my psyche research minions to the forum for data collection icon_lol.gif
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    I didn't see that poll, the only time I visited the forums back in the galactus days was to direct my psyche research minions to the forum for data collection icon_lol.gif

I wasn't a poll, it was just a thread saying how dumb critical boosts were. A lot of people agreed, but no permanent change happened unfortunately.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    I use them quite a bit actually, especially in things like heroics, 4* ddq, or when i need to winfinite some horrid node (looking at you carnage and goons)... but, we do get a touch too many..

I would say rotate boosts, or make it a random boost. Could use more +all match damage
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Now that I have a usable Silver Surfer, I kinda love them again.

This poll could use an option for "I use them on purpose, but wouldn't be that sad if they went away." Mind if I add it?
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    DayvBang wrote:
    This poll could use an option for "I use them on purpose, but wouldn't be that sad if they went away." Mind if I add it?
    Ahhhhh, TinyKitty.

I didn't realize that adding an option to the poll would erase everyone's previous votes. Sorry about that.
  • if crit boosts ONLY came from node rewards, people might actually care and treat them as something special when earned.

the fact is theyre not and drop as frequently as any other boosts, so making them a node reward, especially when they appear as rewards on the hardest nodes, comes off as an insult when the other three rewards are 100 times more desirable.

when you make your first pve clear and the two cp nodes each hand you a crit boost its rage scream inducing. icon_evil.gif
  • OneLastGambit
    DayvBang wrote:
    DayvBang wrote:
    Ahhhhh, TinyKitty.

I didn't realize that adding an option to the poll would erase everyone's previous votes. Sorry about that.

Was going to do that myself until I realised that very same thing, though I didn't act on it. Of course without all the proper options the poll was biased and therefore invalid anyway so...thanks.
  • ErikPeter
    ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Still have pretty silly poll options. I picked the top option; I don't use them every fight, but I'd be annoyed if they were removed from the game. Crit boosts are great, a wonderful cheap way to make hard fights easier. 250 ISO instead of 100HP to help me take down DDQ legendary nodes. When you have to try over and over again for a lucky board to win a battle, the price is right.

Getting them as a node reward is pretty lame, since it's just what, 250 ISO that you can't spend some other way? But, so? I mean you only get it once. Better than 20 ISO. Just use them to speed up the next fight, save a couple health packs... You know you can use 5 at once, right?

Removing crit boosts (or making them better, thereby increasing their purchase cost to HP) would make some people more angry than the slight irritation you're feeling by occasionally winning them. E.g. I have an alt account on my iPad, and never could have finished the final nodes in Venom Bomb without these boosts; with them, 1-star Spider-Man can tackle high-level threats.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    There are always going to be a couple people who insist they like them, so fine, keep them in the game as random battle drops, but for god's sake, take them the **** out of the node awards. They've got no business being in there at all.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    I made a similar poll back in November when CP was implemented: https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?style=1&f=7&t=35025

I hate winning Critical Boosts over CP or anything else for that matter. Time to drop Crit Boosts as a 4/4 reward!
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    There are situations (as mentioned, DDQ4 is a good example) and characters (crit tile or color tile placers) where they are useful, but it is very situational.
    As such I agree with the sentiment they are overused in rewards, and would love to see them at least partially replaced with +all match damage. Those are much more hard to get, but are more useful 'in general'.