How would you improve the Rewards screen (please revote)?

Slarow
Slarow Posts: 204 Tile Toppler
edited January 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Edit: Added an option, didn't realize it would clear the votes, sorry.

Now that there is incentive to keep rewards to the 14 day mark instead of selling them immediately, how would you improve the Rewards screen (the list of covers to recruit or sell)?

Personally, I would like:

1) Auto-sell covers after 14 day mark. Not sure, but I believe they just disappear now, right? It would save a lot of headache if they were auto-sold instead of auto-deleted.
2) Remember the scroll location after selling
3) Improve the "Sell All" button to pop up when clicked with 1*, 2*, 3* checkboxes (remember which ones we had checked from the previous sell)
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Needs "All of the Above."

Or at least don't limit the poll to one option.
  • Slarow
    Needs "All of the Above."

Or at least don't limit the poll to one option.

Everyone would then pick all of the above icon_e_smile.gif. This is about what should be done first.
  • Pinko_McFly
    Pinko_McFly Posts: 282 Mover and Shaker
    Since it is a pick the 'first' option, I went with auto sell. It probably would have been my last option before championing cuz it has never been an issue for me before this.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2016
    Auto-sell, auto-sell, auto-sell. If I don't have to worry about losing out on the ISO when covers expire, then nothing else about the screen matters. I could have to beat a level 395 Juggernaut before being allowed to scroll to the bottom and I wouldn't care. The only times I use the Rewards screen are:
    (a) when I want to apply covers I just won, when they're at the top and easily accessible
    (b) when I want to sell covers I just won, when they're at the top and easily accessible
    (c) when I need to sell covers I was holding on to in case they became useful (e.g. a 2* character I don't have is the next PvE essential), but they're about to expire.

If I want to apply a cover I was saving, and it's in the middle or bottom of the list, I just use the Upgrade screen instead.

(a) and (b) are easy as pie right now. No changes needed to the sell screen for those. (c) wouldn't be an issue if covers were automatically sold instead of being deleted.
  • The only reason the first two are issues for me is because I have been hoarding rewards in anticipation of championing. Once championing goes live those problems disappear for me. A "sell all 1*" or even "sell all non-max/champion" checkbox would be really helpful though.

I'd like to see a "sell" button added to the screen where you actually earn the reward. So instead of claiming it and then going to my rewards to sell it, I would like the option to just sell it immediately instead of claiming it.

Also, am I the only one that gets weird lag issues scrolling through a long rewards list? I sold off about 150 covers the other day and it took forever due to the list lagging as I was scrolling through.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    The only reason the first two are issues for me is because I have been hoarding rewards in anticipation of championing. Once championing goes live those problems disappear for me. A "sell all 1*" or even "sell all non-max/champion" checkbox would be really helpful though.

I'd like to see a "sell" button added to the screen where you actually earn the reward. So instead of claiming it and then going to my rewards to sell it, I would like the option to just sell it immediately instead of claiming it.

Also, am I the only one that gets weird lag issues scrolling through a long rewards list? I sold off about 150 covers the other day and it took forever due to the list lagging as I was scrolling through.

You're not the only one, I have stopped trying to scroll through mine, the lag and the fact that my list re-sets everytime I sell one is very annoying.
  • The only reason the first two are issues for me is because I have been hoarding rewards in anticipation of championing. Once championing goes live those problems disappear for me. A "sell all 1*" or even "sell all non-max/champion" checkbox would be really helpful though.

List lag is brutal. I was frustrated trying to sell 20 1* covers out of the 60 covers in my queue and it took me half an hour.

I picked auto-remember spot in queue, but auto-sell would probably have been a better vote.
  • Boommike
    Boommike Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    I chose Other since "All of the Above" is the only real answer. Don't fix it a little; fix it all the way! (Why weren't any of these implemented from the beginning?)
  • blinktag
    blinktag Posts: 157 Tile Toppler
    I'll add my voice to the masses and say that every single one of these is an annoying problem.

And there is no good reason it should lag so badly on a modern phone. It's truly awful.
  • Slarow
    I suspect that coding ANY of these is a bigger ask than they sounds. I suspect the covers are database objects with a timestamp. No process actively expires them. They just no longer show up in the active rewards query. Without an active process in place, even auto-selling means adding a new agent to perform that check and execute the transaction. Same for an SMS alert. Just a guess tho.

The SMS alert would take an active agent, but the auto-sell could trigger when the player returned to the game, so it wouldn't need to be an agent. Right now, they either 1) already have an agent nuking the old covers, 2) simply hide them when you look at the screen or 3) delete them when the agent logs in. You could tie into the exact same feature using the exact same mechanics, and sell instead of delete/hide.

edit: Also, instead of an SMS alert, the app itself could pop a notification, that would make more sense.
  • kalex716
    kalex716 Posts: 184
    If fixing scroll lag, or doing any real feature polishes is low priority.... I'd settle for them just sorting it in reverse so our stuff thats going to expire first floats to the top.

That seems low risk, and is likely just a line or two to fix tops, or perhaps just a table update. Easy to verify test complete as well.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    #1 - Remove expiration dates.

#2 - allow a sorting option. Sort by rarity, or by expiration date.

#3 - place check boxes next to each reward (cover) so you can select specify covers as you scroll through them and then group sell at the end.

#4 - give the option to select-all and choose the rarity rating you want to select all of... this may require a checkbox be added anyway whether it be behind the scenes in the code or visually.

#5 - an optional lock button so specific covers don't get selected and sold when you "sell all". Much more useful if you didn't have expiring covers.

EDIT: Tip for the lag that works for me, after selling a cover, exit your queue then re-enter. This seems to cut down on the lag from repeatedly scrolling to the bottom after selling covers one at a time.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sell all 1s, 2s, 3s. They are useless. If I can use them for championing, I'll put them in immediately. Otherwise no need for them, other than their sweet, sweet ISO!

Auto-sell would be nice, but I usually stay on top of that, selling them before they expire.
  • JVReal wrote:
    This is unrealistic. Their biggest moneymaker is roster slots, and a big driver to that is the expiration date on covers.

Besides, they have a fix for this - tokens that never expire. If you can't afford the slot for a new character, don't open the token.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    JVReal wrote:
    This is unrealistic. Their biggest moneymaker is roster slots, and a big driver to that is the expiration date on covers.

Besides, they have a fix for this - tokens that never expire. If you can't afford the slot for a new character, don't open the token.
    I hear you, I'm hoarding tokens now, but covers received as rewards are still subject to the 14 day time limit and nothing you can do about that without an option to leave rewards pending (unclaimed) rather than collect them from the popup after the events end.