Is there a plan for PvP matching?

Dragon_Nexus
Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
edited January 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I just spent over 600 ISO trying to find a fight worth doing because they were all worth 36 or lower unless it was max level Jeanbuster fights worth 70.
I realised I was cycling through the same 10-15 people over and over again. I'm ranked 102nd currently, so you can't tell me there aren't more targets available than that.

Has there been talk on this getting improved at all? Because this was ridiculous. I gave up in the end and just shielded.

I understand there's a queueing system of some kind but for it to queue up the same doze people over and over after 60 skips is bizarre to me. And they weren't retalliations either.

Comments

• Slarow
    Slarow Posts: 204 Tile Toppler
    Those were most likely the only players out at the time you were searching. At the end of the tourney, very few people are out at the higher levels unless they are hopping to hit 1300 or 1000. Most likely that is what you were seeing, 36 points for people pushing 1k, and 70+ for people pushing either 1300 or for placement.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Slarow wrote:
    Those were most likely the only players out at the time you were searching. At the end of the tourney, very few people are out at the higher levels unless they are hopping to hit 1300 or 1000. Most likely that is what you were seeing, 36 points for people pushing 1k, and 70+ for people pushing either 1300 or for placement.

Wait, people need to be online?

Huh...guess that explains it. It did have less than an hour to go. That bites. I thought it just pulled a player from the bracket, generally around your placement but also higher so you have ways of gaining.
  • Pinko_McFly
    Pinko_McFly Posts: 282 Mover and Shaker
    I don't think they need to be online. Think poster meant that very few in the high point range are unshielded.
    I do agree that the number of matches made available to you are way too low. I understand why you cycle thru the same over and over, but I feel they should double or triple the amount of opponents they send you at a time and send you a new set sooner than they do.

I looked at your roster nexus and am curious as to why you don't go after the jean buster teams. Matches are harder and a bit longer but that team is worth going after if the points are there.
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    Slarow wrote:

Wait, people need to be online?

Huh...guess that explains it. It did have less than an hour to go. That bites. I thought it just pulled a player from the bracket, generally around your placement but also higher so you have ways of gaining.

"Out" in this context means unshielded, not online. You can get hit just fine if you're not online, as everyone who's woken up to a dropped shield and a big red number can attest.
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Sometimes you just need to fight a nothing battle to boost your points a bit to start seeing new faces as well. Works for me, anyway.
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    I haven't thought this through and it would be a big change, but perhaps we should be able to see and gain points from shielded opponents (they just can't lose points) and make the whole thing anonymous. It would mean a lot more points out there, maybe too many. I don't know.

eta: I guess that would result in people cupcaking their entire alliance to a bazillion points. Blurgh.

I obviously don't know the answer, but it's a little thin at the top (over 800) right now.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    I haven't thought this through and it would be a big change, but perhaps we should be able to see and gain points from shielded opponents (they just can't lose points) and make the whole thing anonymous. It would mean a lot more points out there, maybe too many. I don't know.

eta: I guess that would result in people cupcaking their entire alliance to a bazillion points. Blurgh.

I obviously don't know the answer, but it's a little thin at the top (over 800) right now.
    I think that would open a can of worms with ccs and many teams that play well above their roster weight. there are still mostly 3* players in the lower ranks of the x family, v family and njl family that still score ~1500+. if those became available to everyone there might be too many pts available. but with the extra targets out there, they might be hard to find. plus, if u cc and shield with the cc out, everyone can just keep hitting it over and over. scores would skyrocket. I'm not against it, but I don't think the devs would find that workable. would love the easy walk to 1300 though.