Pvp matchmaking... no chances to win

edited January 2016 in Roster and Level Help
Hello together,

I am playing MPQ for a year now. My progression was slow and for at least 4 month I am able to win the 3* covers from Deadpool-Daily. So my roster is slowly growing in it's overall level at 41 covers in total.

My best one before mid of December was lvl 153 Hulk, next was 114 Daredevil and Wolvie (3*). Rest was few 2* and many low 3*. Luckily I got some command points (is this the english name for it?) during christmas from my alliance, so I was able to get a few legendary tokens and won Silver Surfer blue and red and Phoenix purple. My 4* roster got a little bigger, but mostly new covers, so all of them lvl 70.

All together, my setup does not change at all, although I play a game here and there with SS...

My problem: after the first 3 matches in Pvp I will only get 220+ foes to battle... With my 153, 114, 94 team.... Oh great. I don't have any chance to get above 200 points.

How shall I get new covers beside Deadpool-Daily? That system is broken for me... No fun at all.

I spend some money recently to have enough space for the new covers, but I think of leaving the game an so don't spend any more on it. Or is there a possibility to get better scaled opponents?

Sincerely
«1

Comments

  • LukoilLukoil Posts: 266 Mover and Shaker
    Play PvE. Get HP/ISO/Covers for progression -> make your roster better -> comeback to PVP once you get good maxed leveled 3* (IF/Cage/CMag/Cyclop etc), Meanwhile play PVP casually for the first progression rewards (300 points).
  • OneLastGambitOneLastGambit Age Unconfirmed Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Honestly I was in the same position as you a couple of months ago. Focus on PVE for a few events and forget about PVP, you'll pick up a couple of covers (especially with the new rewards structure) and then after a couple of PVE you'll be able to play PVP again with your improved roster.

    This game is often about balancing your participation in the game modes
  • herm1978herm1978 Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    Sounds like a case of 5* breaking his/her matchmaking.
  • OneLastGambitOneLastGambit Age Unconfirmed Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    herm1978 wrote:
    Sounds like a case of 5* breaking his/her matchmaking.

    I don't see it that way, it sounds more like the OP doesn't understand his/her limitations correctly. If you have an undercovered or soft-capped 3* roster you are very limited in PVP. Has nothing to do with the 5* you collect.
  • herm1978herm1978 Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    herm1978 wrote:
    Sounds like a case of 5* breaking his/her matchmaking.

    I don't see it that way, it sounds more like the OP doesn't understand his/her limitations correctly. If you have an undercovered or soft-capped 3* roster you are very limited in PVP. Has nothing to do with the 5* you collect.

    Seriously? He cant even get to 200 points without seeing only 220+ teams. There is no reason he should get so high opponents. He doesnt even mention that he have placed high enough to win 3* from pvp, only won 3* from DDQ.
  • LystrataLystrata Posts: 322 Mover and Shaker
    Chances are you're not suddenly going to have an easier time in PvP, so if you want frequent rewards, I'd suggest you play PvE.

    I'm on day 500-something and I don't play PvP at all anymore simply because I don't like it. But you can gain rewards reliably through PvE - particularly as the tiers have been lowered for the 3* rewards, and if you really aim for it, can potentially get 4*s for top ten these days.

    I don't feel as though my progress is particularly slowed down because of not playing PvP.

    Don't feel obliged to play every single aspect of this game - that's a good way to burn out. icon_e_wink.gif
  • OneLastGambitOneLastGambit Age Unconfirmed Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    herm1978 wrote:
    herm1978 wrote:
    Sounds like a case of 5* breaking his/her matchmaking.

    I don't see it that way, it sounds more like the OP doesn't understand his/her limitations correctly. If you have an undercovered or soft-capped 3* roster you are very limited in PVP. Has nothing to do with the 5* you collect.

    Seriously? He cant even get to 200 points without seeing only 220+ teams. There is no reason he should get so high opponents. He doesnt even mention that he have placed high enough to win 3* from pvp, only won 3* from DDQ.

    I think there may be some hyperbole involved in the OP as there's no circumstance where he should be seeing level 220+ opponents that early regardless of his/her roster level.
  • MazzaMazza Age Unconfirmed Posts: 41
    I got rid of my ss and pvp got playable again. Just saying.
  • LukoilLukoil Posts: 266 Mover and Shaker
    herm1978 wrote:
    herm1978 wrote:
    Sounds like a case of 5* breaking his/her matchmaking.

    I don't see it that way, it sounds more like the OP doesn't understand his/her limitations correctly. If you have an undercovered or soft-capped 3* roster you are very limited in PVP. Has nothing to do with the 5* you collect.

    Seriously? He cant even get to 200 points without seeing only 220+ teams. There is no reason he should get so high opponents. He doesnt even mention that he have placed high enough to win 3* from pvp, only won 3* from DDQ.
    Even i with much stronger roster (including some 5*) don't see only 220+ teams at 200 points.

    Maybe he was talking about lightning rounds? Then yes there are slmost only big sharks/veterans after initial seeds.
  • MagicMagic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have 3 5*, some 4* over 200 points and multiple maxed 3* and I don't have an issue like this in PVP (till it's close to 800-1000 points). So there is something wrong here. Most logical answer is Lightning rounds. Other that that? No idea.

    Key tip to players without decent 3* roster (with maxed heroes) - don't waste your LT - stash them. The under-leveled 4 and 5 will not really help you at this point. If you have to open them - so be it but don't level your 4* above 3* before they have 10 covers (including 5 in the strongest skill). And never, ever, ever, ever level under-covered 5*. This will tinykitty your scaling and match making.
  • Thanks for your responses.

    To show you, that there is no hyperbole, here are my actual points an the three teams I am facing.

    Screenshot_2016-01-06-12-46-44.png

    Screenshot_2016-01-06-12-46-52.png

    Screenshot_2016-01-06-12-47-02.png

    Screenshot_2016-01-06-12-47-10.png

    Even without their eventbonus they would still be 166+ leaving me without a chance.

    I am facing these problems, since I got the new 5* covers. Before that, I was able to reach 500-600 points an sometimes 2nd-5th place.
  • BlahahahBlahahah Age Unconfirmed Posts: 738
    Looks like a case of bad timing.
    You missed your chance to climb and be seeded in with others of the same level set, and instead got dropped into a roster with a lot of people who are probably doing the zombie wave. Swarm up in a mass climb and stick it. I know I've been there once before, as it happens you just need to wait it out.
    Take the loss on this event and work through the next one, if you find yourself having issues with level differences, maybe try a different slice?

    I mean when you have 3* teams and your referring to boosted teams, in a standard non-boosted situation what you describe is slightly normal.
  • MagicMagic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you were able to get top2-top5 finish with underleveled, undercovered 3* team it means you were in "kids" bracket. Maybe your Surfer pushed you to the "grown ups" or maybe it was the 3 and 4* covers count - who knows. But there is no way you can get top 2 finish in veteran bracket with team like that (unless you are uber lucky with sniping the event).
  • Punisher5784Punisher5784 Posts: 3,170 Chairperson of the Boards
    Don't worry, soon you will be able to champion your 2*'s! Take your lvl 144 2* champs to face the lvl 266 3* champs and.. wait that doesn't help at all! icon_lol.gif
  • PeterGibbons316PeterGibbons316 Age Unconfirmed Posts: 1,063
    Zaramnor wrote:
    I was able to get a few legendary tokens and won Silver Surfer blue and red and Phoenix purple.

    ...

    With my 153, 114, 94 team.... Oh great. I don't have any chance to get above 200 points.

    Wait what? You mean your 70/285/270 team???

    Your scaling is tougher because you have those 5* characters......use them! It's not a great team by any standard, but you can damn sure win enough battles to get higher than 200 points. And no one is going to hit you back because you won't be worth the points.
  • I am new to this forum and didn't know much about matchmaking machanics before (and now...) so I don't know in which kids brackets I used to be before, but it worked more or less fine. Now it doesn't.

    I skipped a few times... 7 to 9 times all together I think.
  • PvP can be very frustrating for lower lvls in this game. I only just recently maxed out a few of my 2* characters and I'm regularly in brackets with people who have maxed out 4* rosters and multi-cover 5*. I guess I'll have to be happy with just cracking the top 100 until I get some decent 3* characters.
  • OneLastGambitOneLastGambit Age Unconfirmed Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Zaramnor wrote:
    I am new to this forum and didn't know much about matchmaking machanics before (and now...) so I don't know in which kids brackets I used to be before, but it worked more or less fine. Now it doesn't.

    I skipped a few times... 7 to 9 times all together I think.

    I second what Magic said, when you start the game you get put in a noob bracket till your training wheels come off if you will. Once you start placing high and scoring over a certain point you get taken out of the play pen and put in with the vets.

    Placing 4/5th with such a low score definitely looks like you were in a noob bracket to me since that wouldn't even make t150 in my last few PvP's. You just need to build your roster and come back when it's grown a bit and is more usable. A young roster will not do very well in PvP it's better to play PVE and gain some covers a bit. Hope this helps
  • PeterGibbons316PeterGibbons316 Age Unconfirmed Posts: 1,063
    OJSP wrote:
    Wait what? You mean your 70/285/270 team???

    Your scaling is tougher because you have those 5* characters......use them! It's not a great team by any standard, but you can damn sure win enough battles to get higher than 200 points. And no one is going to hit you back because you won't be worth the points.
    That is if they're levelled.. but I take your point.. Making a match-5 will boost Daken's strike tiles significantly.. Silver Surfer can heal and tank.. Phoenix's purple makes red tiles for his red power too.. and the most important is the last point.. if they decide to retaliate, we could simply retaliate back..
    The reason 5* characters start at 255 is because they are actually usable with 1 cover. Why does no one get that? I don't care what the covers are, why the hell would you ever bring a 153/114/94 into battle over TWO 255s?????

    You can't **** about the scaling being harder if you aren't even USING the characters that are making the scaling tougher.
  • Thank all of you, for your responses. I will try to get a better roster, to participate in Pvp later on. Seems all to be normal behavior of the game.

    It's not exactly how I would like it to be, but I can't change it.
Sign In or Register to comment.