Transparency for champion level rewards

Sandwichboy
Sandwichboy Posts: 193 Tile Toppler
edited January 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Not going to get into my thoughts on the system as it's announced so far, I think there's enough threads on that already. That can wait. What we do need, however, is something akin to the nice SHIELD daily resupply list but for the champion level rewards. Particularly for 3 and 4* characters, given how ISO starved most of us are, dumping 7500 or more into a character on top of grinding them to max level (which we now have an extra incentive to do) is an investment. And if that investment has rewards that are not static across all characters in their tier, It would be really helpful for us to have some idea of which characters are worth prioritizing and which ones can maybe wait a while longer. If two characters each have a specific 4* cover as one of their rewards and one of those is HB and the other is MF, that would be a bit of a frustrating surprise for someone who chose to boost the latter character first.

Comments

• Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm pretty sure that, once you champion a character you can see what all the rewards will be.

So give it about 10 minutes after the feature goes live and it'll be posted to the Character Discussion forum
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    Tips & Guides would be a better place, IMO.
  • Tryke
    Tryke Posts: 320 Mover and Shaker
    Once it goes live lists will start popping up. Tips and guides is where the daily resupply list is, so I'd say there is good too.
  • Rob13
    Rob13 Posts: 41
    Once it goes live and after the servers crash you mean?
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have a feeling the lists should/will be added to the character's thread in the OP. That would be the proper place for them.
  • Malcrof wrote:
    I have a feeling the lists should/will be added to the character's thread in the OP. That would be the proper place for them.
    I think the information would fit nicely in both places. It's great info to have in the character discussion threads, but a new thread on its own for a one-stop shop on champion info would be a helpful addition as well.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    In one of the screenshots there's a "Preview rewards" button in the character screen. Presumably once you champion a character you can view all the levels. I'm sure people will start posting them here.

I also suspect they'll follow distinct patterns for each tier, and only the "next level up cover" will be different on any particular character.
  • Dalbok
    Dalbok Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
    I would imagine they may also change over time. If they introduce a new 4* that's based off an existing 3*, I would think they would go back and add 4* Covers to the 3* Championing Levels.

Although, assuming those are all in the same place for current 3* levels, it can probably be predicted how they will change.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dalbok wrote:
    I would imagine they may also change over time.
    Sure they will.
    Just like they update the colour of the Hulk cover in Hulk PVE and the colour of the Sentry cover in Prodigal Sun.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd also like some transparency as to when we're actually going to see it
  • Redrobot30
    Redrobot30 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    The Champion button and the rewards list are there on the first screen for each character, it is just so transparent we can't see it. Just keep clicking or pushing random spots on the screen until you find it.
  • DrLemniscate
    DrLemniscate Posts: 55 Match Maker
    I want Devil Dino to have some truly epic Champion rewards, since you usually only get covers during anniversary time.
  • I want Devil Dino to have some truly epic Champion rewards, since you usually only get covers during anniversary time.

On a related note: I hope you get DD covers for Championing Bagman.

Sure, 3* Spidey makes more sense. But that's no fun!

Also Championing 3* Deadpool does not give you X-Force Deadpool covers, but it does give you a kitten raising simulator on the corner of your screen that you can pet and feed at any time.