R91 Error: Looking for Resources to Download

GreenMachine
GreenMachine Posts: 52 Match Maker
Already submitted a request to D3 but I'll put this here incase anyone else is having this issue.

Downloaded R91 for Android and now the game crashes upon loading. A message appears in my drop down bar stating "Looking for resources to download" but never downloads.

Edit: Thanks DayvBang! I'm all good now. Performing step 3 did the trick!

Comments

• ckempo
    ckempo Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    You're not alone. Not the first time updating early has locked me out of my game, you'd think I'd learn not to jump on the updates so quickly.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    The instructions here may help to do a full reinstall on Android:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=37062#p460288

Do *not* attempt this if your game wasn't backed up with Facebook.

I do not work for D3Go or Demiurge, this is just a suggestion shared among players.
  • This happened to me on r88 I think it was also. Typical... Going to have to reinstall and play the stupid tutorial for the millionth time... Wonder if this game is worth it anymore
  • VicVicVic
    VicVicVic Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    I updated the game approximately an hour ago and haven't been able to start it back up. Is there a way to fix this or should I submit a ticket? I have tried restarting my phone several times, to no avail.

I only turned on Facebook backup yesterday and do not know if the game has actually been backed up fully, so an uninstall-reinstall does not seem to be ideal for my situation.

It looks like others had this issue or a similar issue for R90 (reference).

My events are ending in the next few hours and I would like to play to keep supporting my alliance.

I am running Android version 6.0 (Marshmallow) on a Motorola Moto X (2nd Generation, 2014).

Update: I submitted a support request. They're closed right now and will open in 14 hours, and according to the generic message, "It may take 24 - 72 business hours to receive a reply."

Thank you.
  • Don949
    Don949 Posts: 7
    This will work: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=36673&start=40#p462289

If you can find someone with a r91 obb file to give it to you.
  • I reinstalled and it didn't work at all. I still get the error. Can we have a patch that isn't broken for once?
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Fantastic timing. I don't want to reinstall the game and play tutorial one more time... Any other fixes (I won't be able to work with obb file till it's too late for the Daken PVP... not to mention my chances of getting something from Heroic PVE are gone as well.

How do you submit a ticket without the game running?
  • Hi everybody.

I've this issue since R90 release.

I've searched the obb file (additionnal ressource which mpq apps tries to download...) on the web, but impossible to find it ! I put manualy this file on my phone and it fixed the R90 bug.

Can someone with an r91.322717 release working correcly put the obb file somewhere and give us the link ? (on 1fichier.com for exemple !)

you'll find this file either on your device memory either on your SD card in : /android/obb/com.d3p.mpq/
    the file should be name main.91322717.com.d3q.mpq.obb

Please ! icon_e_wink.gif
  • VicVicVic
    VicVicVic Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    I was able to fix this issue for myself after submitting a ticket.

I cleared the app's data and cache, uninstalled the app, then reinstalled it. That worked, somewhat surprisingly. Because my game was backed up fully to Facebook, thankfully, I didn't lose any progression. What I did lose out on was hours of gameplay at the end of a major event for my alliance. It was also somewhat annoying because I spent two hours reading about how to fix this issue, not only in this forum but other forums.
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    VicVicVic wrote:
    I was able to fix this issue for myself after submitting a ticket.

I cleared the app's data and cache, uninstalled the app, then reinstalled it. That worked, somewhat surprisingly. Because my game was backed up fully to Facebook, thankfully, I didn't lose any progression. What I did lose out on was hours of gameplay at the end of a major event for my alliance. It was also somewhat annoying because I spent two hours reading about how to fix this issue, not only in this forum but other forums.

Did you have to play the tutorial? I guess I know the answer but still...