Training powers with Hero Points

Options
grael23
grael23 Posts: 54
edited February 2014 in MPQ Tips and Guides
So, after a couple of "wrong" character builds I'm tempted to use Hero Points to make sure I get the final build I want.

I went searching before I wasted anyone's time, but I couldn't find the answer to this question anywhere:

QUESTION: For a 3* character the price for training a power is 1250 Hero Points. If I pay this and train the power does the cost increase on the second time I go to train the power or does the cost stay fixed at 1250 Hero Points?

Thanks in advance! Seeya in the brackets!

Comments

• NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    grael23 wrote:
    So, after a couple of "wrong" character builds I'm tempted to use Hero Points to make sure I get the final build I want.

I went searching before I wasted anyone's time, but I couldn't find the answer to this question anywhere:

QUESTION: For a 3* character the price for training a power is 1250 Hero Points. If I pay this and train the power does the cost increase on the second time I go to train the power or does the cost stay fixed at 1250 Hero Points?

Thanks in advance! Seeya in the brackets!

It stays the same, so you don't have to worry about that How many roster slots do you currently have? I wouldn't recommend buying covers unless you have enough slots to hold every character in the game, since having characters on hand is extremely useful for events.
  • grael23
    Options
    Thanks for the reply! I just wanted to know what to budget if I'm coughing up some $$$.

As for my roster, I've got 16 character slots (four 2 star characters and the rest 3 stars).

This situation originated because I'd been working all this time to level up my Grey Widow and finally got her over 100. Then I found this board and the "character build thread" and found I had 5 red covers (her most useless skill) and 4 purple meaning there's no way to max out her green (her most dangerous skill). Now after sinking thousands of ISO 8 into her, I find out she's hamstrung. It is incredibly demoralizing. I didn't want to make that same mistake again.

Also, I never found a need for a large roster. I don't see any point to 1* characters now. Between OGW (and prologue healing runs) I can usually sustain about 2-3 hours of constant playing with the same 3-4 character and with a concerted effort (without buffs or buying healing packs) finish in the top 20 in most tourneys. But I need to finish higher than 20 to get significant numbers of 3* characters - and I'm running out of patience.
  • NorthernPolarity
    Options
    grael23 wrote:
    Thanks for the reply! I just wanted to know what to budget if I'm coughing up some $$$.

As for my roster, I've got 16 character slots (four 2 star characters and the rest 3 stars).

This situation originated because I'd been working all this time to level up my Grey Widow and finally got her over 100. Then I found this board and the "character build thread" and found I had 5 red covers (her most useless skill) and 4 purple meaning there's no way to max out her green (her most dangerous skill). Now after sinking thousands of ISO 8 into her, I find out she's hamstrung. It is incredibly demoralizing. I didn't want to make that same mistake again.

Also, I never found a need for a large roster. I don't see any point to 1* characters now. Between OGW (and prologue healing runs) I can usually sustain about 2-3 hours of constant playing with the same 3-4 character and with a concerted effort (without buffs or buying healing packs) finish in the top 20 in most tourneys. But I need to finish higher than 20 to get significant numbers of 3* characters - and I'm running out of patience.

For tournaments such as the simulator, it helps to have some of the other 2*s such as daken/moonstone (level 30 daken does surprisingly a surprising amount of work in this tournament), so I would still recommend expanding your roster over getting more covers. Your grey suit situation is unfortunate, but at least its fixable once respec comes out.
  • grael23
    Options
    Thanks for the advice. I'm trying to manage my ISO effectively into a small effective unit that works decently in all situations rather than spreading ISO across the board hoping that someone can step up. If I had that much time/ISO I would definitely do what you've suggested.

Is there any news on a respec or are we just crossing our fingers?

I would be very surprised if they release this.
  • Coming in R48 viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3567
    - Bruce Banner’s research on the Gamma Bomb have paid off in an unexpected way. Using Iso-8 as its base, a new style of energy reactor has been created with Gamma Bomb technology. Anyone that is within range of these controlled environments when the reactor is active has found themselves able to alter the strength of their abilities, but at a cost to another one of their strengths. S.H.I.E.L.D. technologists have termed this phenomenon a “Power Shift”, although SHIELD Field Agents have taken to calling it a “Respec”
    o Power Shifting may only be done to a character that has 13/13 abilities
    o Using an ability comic (or paying the Hero Point cost) for the power desired, an Agent may choose to add a point to that power while reducing one of the other powers by one point.
  • NorthernPolarity
    Options
    grael23 wrote:
    Thanks for the advice. I'm trying to manage my ISO effectively into a small effective unit that works decently in all situations rather than spreading ISO across the board hoping that someone can step up. If I had that much time/ISO I would definitely do what you've suggested.

Is there any news on a respec or are we just crossing our fingers?

I would be very surprised if they release this.

Yeah, I guess it depends on how much you can play. I'm doing the same strategy where I'm leveling 3 core characters to 141, but I'm going to diversify my roster afterwards, at which point having a ton of characters is going to be useful.
  • grael23
    Options
    Thanks for the incredibly informed advice (and links).