How will championing affect Team Ups?

Malcrof
Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
edited January 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
How will championing effect Team Ups? If someone sends me , for example, a lvl 144 2* Storm team up, but my storm is still 94, what will i receive? A level 144 or a level 94? Question scales at all levels..

Any guesses?

Comments

• pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    If I had any guess as a player, I'd say you'd get the increased level on that power. That's what happens during PVE's with boosted characters anyway.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    How will championing effect Team Ups? If someone sends me , for example, a lvl 144 2* Storm team up, but my storm is still 94, what will i receive? A level 144 or a level 94? Question scales at all levels..

Any guesses?
    One thing to keep in mind, the level of the teamup you're sent doesn't matter; it's tied to the levels in YOUR roster. That said, they would have to lift the caps currently in place to allow the teamups to match the levels of your championed roster. If we're guessing, I don't see it happening, at least not at first.
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't think it will create any new ones, but I do think it might affect future TU's if your character levels are high enough.
  • Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    Affect.

Not effect.
  • Redrobot30
    Redrobot30 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Apparently Championing is a myth so there won't be any affects... icon_cry.gif
  • SirLanik
    SirLanik Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    I don't anticipate it initially changing team ups at all, as they are based on 1. The amount of covers from the original power 2. Your average roster level 3. The max level of the character.

Since Championing doesn't change any of these things, I expect team ups will remain exactly the same. (for now)
  • Jam_Adams
    Redrobot30 wrote:
    EFFECTS
  • Jam_Adams
    OJSP wrote:
    Jam_Adams wrote:
    Redrobot30 wrote:
    EFFECTS
    It seems that you're effectively this forum's proof reader and I said this affectionately.. icon_e_smile.gif

Am I the only one affected positively by your corrections? Is it an effective method to prevent these mistakes from being repeated? Or, does anyone else thinks that people started to purposefully make the mistakes to see if it affected you?

It seems bad spellings might be affecting you.. perhaps your response is the effect that the others wanted to see when typed in these 2 words? icon_lol.gif
    nod-of-approval.gif
  • Malcrof
    Jam_Adams wrote:
    Affect.

Not effect.

Fixed it, those have always messed me up.. effect is after, affect is before?
  • boldfacedfemme
    boldfacedfemme Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    Malcrof wrote:
    Jam_Adams wrote:
    Affect.

Not effect.

Also : Affect is a verb. Effect is a noun.

Example: (to) affect, (an) effect
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    I will just use aeffect from now on, and you can ignore the letter you don't like.
  • UNC_Samurai
    UNC_Samurai Posts: 402 Mover and Shaker
    JVReal wrote:
    I will just use aeffect from now on, and you can ignore the letter you don't like.

Just pull out your dipthong and write "æffect".
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    Jam_Adams wrote:
    Affect.

Not effect.

The way they're using it, yes. Affect can be a noun, but it means something completely different - emotion or desire, particularly one that influences behavior. So it would be my affect to correct people's grammer on forums. icon_e_smile.gif
  • W4LAndre
    W4LAndre Posts: 73 Match Maker
    I don't remember where or when I learned this, but the easiest solution to the affect/effect issue that I know of is to use the word impact. It works in place of both words and everyone should be able to understand what you are going for.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Back on topic - it is in an interesting question but probably not in the way the OP thought - as stated above TUs covers are based on the roster they're coming from, but their level is based on yours. At this time, they are capped at the maximum level for that tier character. I suspect that just plain won't change when they impliment the system - at some point they may boost it to the new "cap" (e.g 144, 266, 370,) but probably not, since they state that turning a champion allows them to go past the cap.
  • Der_Lex
    Malcrof wrote:
    Jam_Adams wrote:
    Affect.

Not effect.

Effect can also be a verb, actually, with a meaning similar to 'to cause.' You can effect a change, for example. My first comment here was actually a playful jab at the whole affect/effect mixup, but I guess I was being too subtle. icon_mrgreen.gif
  • Malcrof
    4802c230eed72769abdd0fdf5f66395f.jpg

effect.png
  • boldfacedfemme
    boldfacedfemme Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    To those correcting my helpful tip:

I was referring directly to the affect/effect relationship and how they are used in correlation to each other.

Also: bite me icon_e_wink.gif
  • Sandwichboy
    Sandwichboy Posts: 193 Tile Toppler
    And this, kids, is how you properly hijack a thread. GRAMMAR SLAMMER.
  • Der_Lex
    grammar_time.gif~c200