Would you be in favor of level-capped events?

Options
Unknown
edited February 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
Hear me out first.

With the way this game is, and without tanking to change MMR, the only viable characters I can play are 70+. It takes so long to get enough covers and ISO without spending hundreds of dollars per characters to level them where they are competitive at the high end of the game I'm at (which is only getting higher). That means I have to use my top 4 or 5 characters every time, which makes the events highly repetitive.

There could be smaller events that have lower awards so that older players could use some of their lower end cards as a change of pace. I know we could replay the prologue, but that just gets really boring and the 20 ISO just isn't worth it.

Comments

• MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    Options
    While I would love to play with some lower level chars (which are most of mine) I can foresee that at whatever cap is chosen we will end up with the same team make ups.

Going back to my Diablo II days, I did a decent amount of LLD and eventually it got tedious as just about everyone ran the same thing. Got a lot better when I played with friends and we had gentlemen agreements not to use those builds. Resulted in much better diversity.
  • MaxCavalera
    MaxCavalera Posts: 425 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I was thinking a one two and three star team requirement for a tournament might be interesting... 100% boosted one star would be a must.
  • At some point there was a ""Back to Basics" 1* only tournament.
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    Options
    ApolloAndy wrote:
    At some point there was a ""Back to Basics" 1* only tournament.

Currently it would only make sense that the reward for something like that was a 4*. /s

I would actually like to see one come back given the domination of the PVE events by 1* rosters. Make the rewards ISO rather than HP/covers and we would have a much more realistic leaderboard.
  • Just capping the stars wouldn't work since most people have a gang of 2* and 3* that are cover deficient or people are waiting on maxing out another character so there's not enough Iso to get the card playable in normal tournaments.
  • MaxCavalera
    MaxCavalera Posts: 425 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I was thinking you would have to use a *,** & *** character but i guess you could alternatively do a 5* team limit.

3-2, 2-2-1, 3-1-1, 1-2-1, etc.
  • On the other hand, one could buff 1-star and 2-star to the point where they would be the same stat-wise as an equivalently leveled 3* ±. (i.e. level 50 ~ 141)
  • Moral
    Moral Posts: 512
    Options
    MarvelMan wrote:
    ApolloAndy wrote:
    At some point there was a ""Back to Basics" 1* only tournament.

Currently it would only make sense that the reward for something like that was a 4*. /s

I would actually like to see one come back given the domination of the PVE events by 1* rosters. Make the rewards ISO rather than HP/covers and we would have a much more realistic leaderboard.

Will probably start right after mags tournament and feature Psylocke covers as the reward. M icon_twisted.gif
  • If they want something like that, they should simply do an event where all the hero that have to be used are loaned. You don't even get to use your own ones, and you can have a level 230 modern Storm or whatever craziness if it's deemed necessary for the mission.
  • windfallstar
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    If they want something like that, they should simply do an event where all the hero that have to be used are loaned. You don't even get to use your own ones, and you can have a level 230 modern Storm or whatever craziness if it's deemed necessary for the mission.
    But how will they get us to spend $$$ with that set up?
  • The 1* was fun.
    Top players found that the heroes they disbanded for cover space (including me) where suddenly ruling the leaderboards.
  • I would love tourneys capped by star numbers. Or anything that creates more variety. I, too, find myself using the same three or four heroes all the time, and I face a lot of similar teams. Luckily, I finally escaped the two star area, I may have played against the Thor/ Wolverine/ OBW lineup once or twice.
  • Phantron wrote:
    If they want something like that, they should simply do an event where all the hero that have to be used are loaned. You don't even get to use your own ones, and you can have a level 230 modern Storm or whatever craziness if it's deemed necessary for the mission.

Charge a fee to enter the event like Elite. I wouldnt' mind paying 300 HP to borrow some level 230 modern Storm for a while, assuming the rewards are good too.
  • Moral
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    Phantron wrote:

Charge a fee to enter the event like Elite. I wouldnt' mind paying 300 HP to borrow some level 230 modern Storm for a while, assuming the rewards are good too.

That still wouldn't offset the fact that loaned characters fully heal every fight. No health pack use.

Instead super buff all the 1* characters.
  • Moral
    Options
    Lone star shoot out!

How was that for fast?