Extra covers for non-maxed characters

Options
PeterGibbons316
PeterGibbons316 Posts: 1,063
Most players eventually reach a point where they have more characters with maxed covers than they have ISO to level. Championing is a great mechanic to give players something to do with extra covers for characters that they have maxed, but what about extra covers for characters that have 13 covers, but aren't maxed yet?

I propose that these extra covers should be able to be spent on 1 level for that character. So say you have a level 100 Vision with 13 covers and don't care to spend the additional ISO to level him to 166 so you can champion him, and you draw a Vision cover. Normally you would sell it for 500 ISO, but an option to instead use that cover to add one level to the character would be nice. It wouldn't be related to or apply to championing (in this case taking him to max champion 266 would require 166 covers instead of the usual 100), but would truly make it so that no earned cover was useless until a character reaches max champion.

Comments

• wirius
    wirius Posts: 667
    Options
    I'm in agreement, except that I would instead ask that it just be added to the max level as a "Champion level". I would also be ok with the levels effect not actually activating until you reach max level. The reason being is because this is a carrot method of wanting to buy roster slots and level characters, not a stick when you just feel bad about the game throwing those covers away.