D3 unlinked my old FB account, cannot access game at all.

rkd80
rkd80 Posts: 376
Just posting here in case anyone has advice for me. I emailed D3 yesterday to switch my underlying FB account, I would like to keep my MPQ friends separate. I had an old FB account that I once used, but stopped using, so D3 manually unlinked my data when I provided my user # to them.

Now, everytime I try to load the game it just brings me to the tutorial. In fact it no longer matters whether I use my new or old FB account, result is the same. It looks like my account is completely gone.

Anyone had this experience and perhaps can offer some tips?

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    You can't load the FB account until after the tutorial, so you will have to finish the tutorial, then load.
  • rkd80
    Malcrof,

There are a few problems here.

Firstly, there is nothing to load. Both of my FB accounts no longer have any MPQ data.

Secondly, shouldn't the game on my device still be presenting my account instead of starting from scratch?

All I wanted to do was to save my existing data into my new FB account, but now there is nothing to save if I am starting from the beginning.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    The game on your device won't have any local data, it is loaded each time from the FB save. Once you have your data moved, you need to remove that old FB account from the device, add the new one, would probably uninstall and reinstall the game for good measure... do the tutorial, then load the new FB account.. even if the new FB account has nothing, you should link it before escalating the ticket, so once it is fixed, you will be able to see it immediately.
  • rkd80
    So *all* data is stored exclusively on Facebook. Whether or not I have the app data deleted in FB is not relevant?

But I am not sure they actually moved anything though. The ticket states that some old data has been unlinked from the new FB - so what exactly am I loading?
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think you just need to continue working with customer support on this one. Hopefully they can restore your account.
  • rkd80
    Yeah, no responses so far- I will clear the cache and rerun the tutorial to get ready though. THanks.
  • rkd80
    Update; OK, I followed Malcrof's suggestion and cleared the cache, did the tutorial again. I then loaded my existing saved game from my old FB account and everything came back. Phew.

Now, I am going to close everything down again and remove my old Facebook account and hopefully be able to save my game to my new FB account.

Anyone know if I will run into problems? Perhaps there is a restriction that I can only link to one FB account at any given time...?