A Question about re-speccing

OneLastGambit
OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
edited January 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I wonder I wonder,

Something occurred to me, maybe it's in the wording, maybe someone can answer this for me.

I have disgarded IM45 in the past because I don't see the point in having a character I can't max (which you couldn't if you wanted to make him usable with only 2 yellow covers). Under the new respec for free system does that mean I could get all his covers - champion him and THEN reduce his covers? So I could have a maxed but not cover maxed IM45 or anyone else than benefits from softcapping covers?

Comments

• OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    No you can't reduce covers under 13. You can only shift them around.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    No you can't reduce covers under 13. You can only shift them around.

Drat, I guess that makes IM45 still useless, glad I tossed him, his roster space is far more valuable than him.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like my 5/5/3 Iron Man 40 just fine, it's not like it's hard to find someone who can make good use of that green AP and put them on the team with him. Human torch is an old favorite.
    Looking forward to trying out a 5/4/4 build though, purple AP has been getting a lot more useful lately...
  • timbopp
    timbopp Posts: 88
    I just watched the January video where they talk about championing and I find it really bizarre that out of every 2*/3*/4*/5* character in the game that will be able to be championed and re-specced, Iron Man 40 was the one they mentioned as an example, perhaps the only character that you wouldn't want to max/champion as it would mean at least 3 yellow.

I don't know if it was just a weird coincidence or maybe it was because Hulkbuster is one the most popular characters and it would be a way of getting one of his covers.
    Maybe they were intentionally trying to piss people off, help build up the argument about how **** IM40 is before coming in as heroes and fixing him so we can all be so thankful to the Devs for listening. I did hear that there are 3* buffs coming soon.
    Or maybe I'm just overthinking it.
    Still weird though.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    i'll keep mine at 5/5/2 just fine. used him on dang near every node in the current heroic pve - mostly to feed torch and obw. do we really think people are going to champion entire rosters? I'm only starting with the top tier - I still need the iso from the lower guy's cover sales.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    The devs said they have some buffs planned for early 2016 so you might want to be careful about having an under covered character. The devs want players to max level and max cover their characters so having a character with a power that is better at 2 covers instead of 3,4,5 covers might be something they address. I think they will buff some low level 3* and low level 4* to make them useful. I hope IM is on the list
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    timbopp wrote:
    I just watched the January video where they talk about championing and I find it really bizarre that out of every 2*/3*/4*/5* character in the game that will be able to be championed and re-specced, Iron Man 40 was the one they mentioned as an example, perhaps the only character that you wouldn't want to max/champion as it would mean at least 3 yellow.

I don't know if it was just a weird coincidence or maybe it was because Hulkbuster is one the most popular characters and it would be a way of getting one of his covers.
    Maybe they were intentionally trying to piss people off, help build up the argument about how **** IM40 is before coming in as heroes and fixing him so we can all be so thankful to the Devs for listening. I did hear that there are 3* buffs coming soon.
    Or maybe I'm just overthinking it.
    Still weird though.

When they said they had some 3* buffs in mind, he was someone I immedietely thought of. He very clearly represents an older character design philosophy and is pretty much worthless as anything but a battery. GSBW also represents this philosophy, but she sees a lot of use because of "Deceptive Tactics," so they probably won't buff her. Likewise the Hulk - his red is utter **** and definitely designed with a different model, but people use him for his black (and green, to a lesser extent,) so he probably won't get buffed.