Reasons to keep staying

BlackBoltRocks
BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
edited January 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
So for a while now I've considered leaving this game. MPQ has given me more than two years of fun and frustration; thanks to the game, my knowledge of Marvel-616 and my Marvel comics collection has grown tremendously (although my fave hero is still Batman icon_cool.gif ).

Recently i haven't taken PvE seriously. The last PvE i really grinded was Ghost Rider; i remember the outcry about the progression points being raised, and i remember doing 5 full clears of the last sub just to reach the top 100, the Legendary token, and my 25th Command Point (which i did. Happily added Ghost Rider, Classiclops and Rulk to my roster)

After that i just couldn't be botherd with PvE. For Miles' introduction i only entered the 7-day event with just over 2 days to go. I still finished 6th and got all 3 Miles covers. For Eddie Brock's introduction i played from the start, but i only did three full clears for the first two days. The third day i only did one clear, and the fourth day i did two clears. Finished 64th and got Venom's Lethal Protector.

With the introduction of 4* rewards for the top 10, i didn't feel like bothering any more, due to the inevitabl imcreased competition. Right now I'm aiming for PvP: I'm 300 points away from the Heroic token at 1800, and I'm in the top 300 overall; looking to maintain that or better it for the end of season rewards.

However, something totally unheard of happened. I played th second runthrough of Venom Bomb purely for fun, i.e. To finish in the top 300 of every node and hit the first event token progression reward. I got 4 such tokens for my trouble. Two of them got me the usual unneeded 2* (scroll down for an elaboration on this). However, the other two tokens got me:

icon_thing.pnggreenflag.png (brings him up to 0/0/2)
icon_kingpin.pngyellowflag.png (now at 1/2/1; in a month he'll be at 1/2/2)

And I'll be getting Xpool purpleflag.png from the daily resupply tomorrow, my first.

To add to this feel-good factor, I've opened 12 Legendary tokens so far. Two of them were OML and Phoenix, which gives me a 16.7% rate.

And now with the new championing feature, I'm actually looking forward to getting 2* again, and i might resume playing The Big Enchilada every day.

Oh D3, why do you keep doing this to me?

Comments

• I quit and uninstalled 3 weeks ago and was really happy with myself for not even being tempted to pick up this life-sucking game again... then championing happens. I wish I'd stopped reading the forums too! Not re-installed yet but the temptation is definitely there now.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    I said I was going to quit a year ago. I didn't fully commit and logged in for daily rewards more often than not. DDQ kept me in when I decided I didn't really want to do much. Some PvPs I decided to join and still placed decently with my roster. It all changed when I joined my current alliance seasons ago.
  • Luckily I had most of my alliance on Facebook so I wasn't really leaving them behind, otherwise leaving them would have been much harder than leaving the game. D3 definitely knew what they were doing when they made this game social.