2*'s the REAL benefits of championing

wirius
wirius Posts: 667
edited January 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
*Informed I was misinformed on the level limit boost for 2*'s, its only 50. Disregard post*

Comments

• NewMcG
    NewMcG Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
    2* only get 50 levels.
  • wirius
    wirius Posts: 667
    Oh thank goodness, I missed that. Disregard the post then.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm starting to get starved for roster slots, and i was considering selling off the following 2*:

Thor
    Wolvie
    Moonstone
    Bullseye
    Human Torch
    Daken

This new feature makes me glad that i haven't. Why do you do this to me D3. Along with the icon_thing.pnggreenflag.png i got yesterday and the 4* icon_deadpool.pngpurpleflag.png I'll be getting tomorrow. Stop giving me reasons to stay instead of quit icon_lol.gif

Well 2* thor, Wolvie and Daken can all go surely as their 3* champions will be better than their 2* counterparts
  • Lukoil
    Lukoil Posts: 266 Mover and Shaker
    edited January 2016
    I'm starting to get starved for roster slots, and i was considering selling off the following 2*:

Thor
    Wolvie
    Moonstone
    Bullseye
    Human Torch
    Daken

This new feature makes me glad that i haven't. Why do you do this to me D3. Along with the icon_thing.pnggreenflag.png i got yesterday and the 4* icon_deadpool.pngpurpleflag.png I'll be getting tomorrow. Stop giving me reasons to stay instead of quit icon_lol.gif

Well 2* thor, Wolvie and Daken can all go surely as their 3* champions will be better than their 2* counterparts
    But you'll lose all rewards for championing covers if you drop them (more ISO/HP/LTs). Also they can be essentials for PVE.
    If you have 82+ slots than you can have all caracters (except 1 star.png ) in the game right now. So no need to sell any. Just farm HP for new realeases.

I am currently at 80 slots right now and only missing OML + JG (45 more HP for JG rostering!)
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    That's true - hadn't thought of that. I keep my 2* roster down to the most useful day-to-day ones only - Ares, OBW, Storm, Magneto, Daken - and rotate in the 2* essentials, but I had been considering re-rostering the other 2*s. I have all the 3*s already and it's not like I get new 4/5*s with any regularity...
  • Sandwichboy
    Sandwichboy Posts: 193 Tile Toppler
    Even with only 50 extra levels, Hawkeye, Storm and Mags will, especially when boosted, be a whole lot more useful. The rest of them...eh not so much.
  • Heartburn
    Heartburn Posts: 527
    buffed up 2* wolverine and 3* cyclops might work if wolverine can tank yellow to heal and convert for red. maybe a second tier team up.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've gone down to one 1* and four 2*'s for DDQ use only (thanks for making those roster spots affordable, D3!).

My biggest championing question is if I should even bother with the 2*'s. A one-cover 2* into PVE essentials has precisely the same difference in the extremely scaled match as taking a fully covered, buffed, 150 2*. And I've never failed a 2* DDQ node, so they seem sufficient there as well.

I guess there is the championing reward scale, that would be about the only reason to raise the 2*'s further.
  • Wooodd
    Wooodd Posts: 187 Tile Toppler
    Heartburn wrote:
    buffed up 2* wolverine and 3* cyclops might work if wolverine can tank yellow to heal and convert for red. maybe a second tier team up.
    2* Wolvie doesn't need to tank yellowtile.png to heal. Anyone on your team can match the yellowtile.png to trigger his passive.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    I've gone down to one 1* and four 2*'s for DDQ use only (thanks for making those roster spots affordable, D3!).

My biggest championing question is if I should even bother with the 2*'s. A one-cover 2* into PVE essentials has precisely the same difference in the extremely scaled match as taking a fully covered, buffed, 150 2*. And I've never failed a 2* DDQ node, so they seem sufficient there as well.

I guess there is the championing reward scale, that would be about the only reason to raise the 2*'s further.

Bringing the ones you have from 94 to 144 is a no brainer. It's 20k iso investment (allegedly) to reap 200 covers worth of extra rewards.

If the question is whether to raise a new one up, that will depend on the exact reward structure. It effectively will work as an Iso -> other stuff converter, but given the Iso need elsewhere, having such a converter on hand probably doesn't make a ton of sense for everyone.

I'm in the same boat, I have just 4 (Ares, Wolvie, OBW, 2*Storm). I'm debating bringing Magneto back, because a potential level ~200 Blue/Red (boosted) generator is probably worth it to have around. Not sure I'll bother with the investment (iso/roster slot) on anyone else.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    SnowcaTT wrote:

Bringing the ones you have from 94 to 144 is a no brainer. It's 20k iso investment (allegedly) to reap 200 covers worth of extra rewards.

If the question is whether to raise a new one up, that will depend on the exact reward structure. It effectively will work as an Iso -> other stuff converter, but given the Iso need elsewhere, having such a converter on hand probably doesn't make a ton of sense for everyone.

I'm in the same boat, I have just 4 (Ares, Wolvie, OBW, 2*Storm). I'm debating bringing Magneto back, because a potential level ~200 Blue/Red (boosted) generator is probably worth it to have around. Not sure I'll bother with the investment (iso/roster slot) on anyone else.

Actually, one of my Alliance mates mentioned a total first-world problem why not to bring them up: Cupcakes would be more difficult! icon_lol.gif
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    Actually, one of my Alliance mates mentioned a total first-world problem why not to bring them up: Cupcakes would be more difficult! icon_lol.gif
    interesting angle, but I've been seeing varied ccs already with level 80-90 undercovered 4*s (miles, cho, venom, etc) in there. it's easier to use ares/storm or stormneto, but that can be worked around.
  • jobob
    jobob Posts: 680 Critical Contributor
    Has this question been answered yet... what happens after LVL 144? Do 2* covers go back to being worth 250 ISO, or can you keep feeding them into the champion for no extra level, but maybe a random reward?
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    SnowcaTT wrote:

1) Those dropping CCs probably won't care if they have to drop another roster slot on a duplicate CC character

2) I already see 150 Ares/Magneto/Storm cc's, wouldn't be hard to just not use boosted ones.