Ways to improve PVP

mpqr7
mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
Let me know what you think of these ideas!

1) You should score the listed score vs your opponent (or better). There's nothing more frustrating than to fight a 60 point battle and then end up with just 20 points. I would have fought a 40 point battle and actually received the 40 points. It's just unfair and a waste of time and health packs. However if the 60 point battle is worth 65 points, that's fine. You don't need to subtract the full 60 points from the victim if they've already been beaten down by others at the same time, but the victor should win the full amount of points assigned to the battle.

2) Let us know when a person shields. When an opponent first appears in pvp, it means they're unshielded. However most people at the end appear, quickly hop for a few hundred points and then shield up again. As a nice person, I'd much rather wait until someone has shielded before attacking them, so that we can both score points without me beating that person back down. I'd like to know when the person shielded within the game itself. Then I don't need to run to a Line Chat Room to do a shield check. That saves time and helps people be nicer. Anyone who wants to snipe would do it anyway, so it doesn't make it any easier or harder for snipers. But it makes it much easier for nice people like me to be nice.

3) Remove the Whales team up from PVP. I don't mind if people defeat my team using 3*dp, because that character is weak and will open them to attack. But I've worked hard to get a strong oml, and it's frustrating that literally anybody could defeat my team at any moment, simply by using a whales team up. It's not cheating, but it sure feels like it. Again, I have no problem with someone defeating my team by having a better team. But not with the whales team up. They can still use whales for pve and all other non-pvp events. OR you could have it so that if they win with a whales team up, they can win points, but I don't lose any points (treat it like I'm shielded).

4) See which of my own alliance mates are shielded. This is similar to point #2. No one wants to hurt their own alliance mates, so it would be nice if we knew who was shielded without needing to chat with them. That would be a great time saver!

5) Get points before losing points. If for example I have 999 points and I start a match, I should win the points and get any progression prizes before losing the points. Just let me get that 4* cover before pushing me back to 800! It can be very frustrating to flirt with 1000 again and again, winning a battle then getting attacked. Well, actually for me personally I can get pretty high scores, but I remember how frustrating it was for me when I was at that stage, and I don't wish that frustration on anyone else.

Comments

• Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    mpqr7 wrote:
    3) Remove the Whales team up from PVP. I don't mind if people defeat my team using 3*dp, because that character is weak and will open them to attack. But I've worked hard to get a strong oml, and it's frustrating that literally anybody could defeat my team at any moment, simply by using a whales team up. It's not cheating, but it sure feels like it. Again, I have no problem with someone defeating my team by having a better team. But not with the whales team up. They can still use whales for pve and all other non-pvp events. OR you could have it so that if they win with a whales team up, they can win points, but I don't lose any points (treat it like I'm shielded).
    Even if you use Deadpool every day, you only earn enough points to use the full-bore whale cannon less than once per week. If your roster is so strong that tons of people are going to use the cetacean BFG on you, you're well past the point of worrying about it.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    if you've ever tried to get whales off from a TU, you'll know how difficult it can be to actually get 14 TU ap when you want it. so much easier to just use SW and DP - 14 purple can happen so much faster than 14 TU.

totally agree with #5 - that would help so much. the in-queue shield status can also be used the other way around and there are players/alliances that get their thrills off of sniping unshielded players. so much so that an alliance used to name themselves something like yeaisnipedu and players with similar names. that would make their hunting that much more effective. plus, they have enough trouble providing timely point data, inaccurate/stale shield data might be of little use anyway unless you're constantly spending skip iso to keep things fresh - and I've been trying to come up with ways to lessen the skip iso sink, not increase it.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    5) Get points before losing points. If for example I have 999 points and I start a match, I should win the points and get any progression prizes before losing the points. Just let me get that 4* cover before pushing me back to 800! It can be very frustrating to flirt with 1000 again and again, winning a battle then getting attacked. Well, actually for me personally I can get pretty high scores, but I remember how frustrating it was for me when I was at that stage, and I don't wish that frustration on anyone else.

I agree wholeheartedly with this, and it can't be too hard to implement either. I've also suggested this almost once a week for the last month and a half. Thanks for saving me the time this week lol