Make alliances MATTER

Options
geno685
geno685 Posts: 53 Match Maker
Besides the little alliance rewards you get after events, the iso every day from those who play daily,and team-ups, there is nothing else making alliances matter much. The alliance rewards for events don't really matter because it is always the same alliances getting the rewards that matter. What if you added a new mode into the game: alliance vs alliance wars. These little wars could make things interesting and spice up the game for veterans. You could have the top alliances battling for supremacy while the lesser alliances can just have fun beating each other up. I know that the same alliances would win, but not if done right. Much like time slots, they could group alliances based on factors and put them into shards, that way smaller alliances could see that they do have power. Another thing you could do is make it where the top ranking people in your alliance for events get there own rewards. Lastly, create a role only one person can have in the alliance called something like Captain, they oversee and can kick commanders and can maybe do some other thing to make them more than a commander for commanders,. If you do this, make it so that every month or so a new person is chosen to become captain, having been chosen by the previous captain, and the old one cant be eligible for a certain time period. These are just a few things that could be done to make people actually care about their alliances and can help freshen up the game. What do you guys think?

Comments

• Ludaa
    Ludaa Posts: 542
    Options
    For many of us, alliances are the only thing that matter anymore. If you're in an alliance that doesn't care, you won't be getting top rewards. Bracketing alliance rewards based on size could be cool, but it sounds like way more work than they would ever put into this. Wars already kind of happen inside the different shards, depending on who said what to so and so in the top alliances. A bonus for those 1st - 3rd trophies in your alliance would be neat though!
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I wish they would run more Galactus(v2)/Ultron events where your alliance does matter to how well you do. It is so much more fun for me to battle it out side by side with my alliance mates against a PVE opponent.
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Blame the players not the developers.

It is the players of the top alliances who have created all the "rules" for versus events, all created for The Greater Good of season scores. There was a time before alliances and season, a time which saw incredible battles for those coveted ranking rewards (also some kindness when top players didn't need those rewards). Nowadays most don't don't (seems to) care about the ranking rewards but just the score to go towards their season totals.

Modern versus is all about alliances and seasons, why else would players who have maxed all 4* and 3* still be snapping up all the top ranking rewards?
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I've always believed they should promote alliance loyalty and reduce the amount of mercenaries by locking the roster e.g anniversary events
    and/or prevent alliance hopping like 24hr hold to join another alliance.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    There should be a huge Alliance v Alliance type event for Civil War!

The system averages every alliances levels and pits your alliance against an equally strong alliance. Each alliance is locked in like it does for Ultron/Galactus and each Alliance versus each other PVP with the objective being defeating the opposing alliance's teams, while at the same time have a PVE type event where you need to reach a certain point total before the other Alliance.. I don't know I'm just ranting off the the type of my head but I hope Civil War is going to be game changing!
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The more Alliances matter the less friendly the game becomes.

I'm the most powerful player in my current alliance by a significant margin. I'm useful to them for teamups, for advice and for helping them hit any kind of targets in Ultron / Galactus type events.

I could easily get into a top 50 Alliance. I can average over 1100 in PvP and place strongly in PvE. But at the moment the advantages of being in a top 50 alliance don't drag me there. It does cost me financially because I don't get the free HP injection I would from a better alliance, and I miss out on the odd token or cover, but at this point it's not crippling.

But if I'm going to be cut off from content because my alliance isn't top 50 then I am going to have to abandon them. And the only Alliances experiencing all the content will be top 50 or better. Building elite cliques make the game 'better' for elite cliques, though they increase the pressure on all the players in those cliques, so it's not all rosey for them. And everyone else gets to fall further behind.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I don't think you get the point of Civil War. Alliances should be split down the middle with players allocated to opposite factions in the civil war. Otherwise it isn't Civil War at all, it's just another regular competition.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Eddiemon wrote:

I don't think you get the point of Civil War. Alliances should be split down the middle with players allocated to opposite factions in the civil war. Otherwise it isn't Civil War at all, it's just another regular competition.

Ah you're right but regardless, I hope they really make a huge event for Civil War.
  • snookerphil
    Options
    If you're in an alliance that doesn't care, then you're in the wrong alliance. I personally run the crew I'm in with a bit of help from 1 other cmdr, and I gotta say I put alot of time and effort into it. We are always top 25-100 because I have steadily groomed our group into a crew of people that do care enough to play their hearts out, and make sure the rest of us get the rewards we all deserve. As far as shifting cmdrs goes, I think that's a horrible idea. Talk about a quick way to watch something someone works hard on every day, crash and burn because the next guy doesn't have what it takes to do anything other than play the game. I think I speak for all the top tier alliances when I say that we all work very hard to maintain our ranks and if someone else thinks they deserve a top 100 spot then they need to put forth the full amount of effort we all do to get and stay there.
  • dan54321
    dan54321 Posts: 41 Just Dropped In
    Options
    madok wrote:
    I wish they would run more Galactus(v2)/Ultron events where your alliance does matter to how well you do. It is so much more fun for me to battle it out side by side with my alliance mates against a PVE opponent.

Totally agree -- it was a lot of fun how our alliance came together during those events!
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Options
    Eddiemon wrote:

Ah you're right but regardless, I hope they really make a huge event for Civil War.

Put that into the Suggestions Thread!!!!!

:+D
  • PeaceNickMann
    PeaceNickMann Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I think the only way to make alliances actually matter would be to treat every event like ultron / galactus. You start an event with an alliance, your points stay there. I'm very active in getting mercs when our alliances won't make top hundred. However if the points stayed within your alliance and mercing weren't so rampant and widespread then the last day of an event wouldn't just be all merc hunting all day. And I think my alliance would be in top hundreds still. This will never happen but that doesn't mean I think it should.
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If your alliance doesn't matter to you, you're in the wrong alliance.

For me, my alliance is a huge reason why the game remains fun.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    geno685 wrote:
    Besides the little alliance rewards you get after events, the iso every day from those who play daily,and team-ups,

That little iso can be at times 2-5k iso.. not little... and team ups are a big thing.. Personally i don't think "little" is a good adjective at all for these.
  • geno685
    geno685 Posts: 53 Match Maker
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    geno685 wrote:
    Besides the little alliance rewards you get after events, the iso every day from those who play daily,and team-ups,

That little iso can be at times 2-5k iso.. not little... and team ups are a big thing.. Personally i don't think "little" is a good adjective at all for these.

Yea Team-ups are nice, i have nothing against them other than the fact that you should be able to choose the power you send to a person or they can chose. Also, i didn't mean to call the event rewards little, i meant the daily iso rewards. But if you think about it, the same alliances are always getting the rewards that do matter while others are left with a token, iso and maybe some hp if lucky. I know it ain't the devs fault but they could maybe do something to help the lesser alliances who do work closely like mine but can never reach their realm of supremacy. icon_e_smile.gif
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    geno685 wrote:
    What if you added a new mode into the game: alliance vs alliance wars.
    We kind of already have that. It's that PvP metagame known as "you guys better stay the f out of our shard if you know what's good for you"