Currently on a 100 game win streak

Options

Comments

• The_Leftist
    Options
    I would like to see global rankings. I joined 2 weeks late, but am dominating my bracket. I'm aiming to be at 600 before the night is through. I think Panda is the closest I've seen to me, as he was at 527 earlier on a pic from a friend on Line chat.
  • It seems wrong to me even to call it PvP, since there is obviously no other player on the receiving end. I think my max streak is about 30, but if I stuck to my low-level Jace it would be higher (I rotate all the PWs).

It would be nice to have two PWs of each colour: one to keep at low level and one to develop to high level.
  • I would like to see global rankings. I joined 2 weeks late, but am dominating my bracket. I'm aiming to be at 600 before the night is through. I think Panda is the closest I've seen to me, as he was at 527 earlier on a pic from a friend on Line chat.

Spies everywhere!

I'm 2x anyone else in my bracket so I kinda just play when the mood strikes me now heh.

I hope they keep the same brackets x.x
  • I would use multiplayer for rune farming but I can plow through story 1-1 so quickly, it's not worth building the rank until there's a reward for it greater than replaying stories. icon_e_sad.gif

I have an 11 game winning streak and I've only won about 28 games, but that could easily be 20x that if I had any motivation for PvP. Right now it's just a cost/benefit decision. I can get, probably 2-2.5x runs by playing a simple story-mode game repeatedly vs. playing PvP. Why play PvP then if there's no point?
  • Roxton
    Roxton Posts: 13
    Options
    I would like to see global rankings. I joined 2 weeks late, but am dominating my bracket. I'm aiming to be at 600 before the night is through. I think Panda is the closest I've seen to me, as he was at 527 earlier on a pic from a friend on Line chat.
    FWIW, in my bracket, A Player is sitting pretty at 620, while three others are vying for second place around 377.

Mod Edit: plese do not call out other players by name, Thanks.
  • The_Leftist
    Options
    Roxton wrote:
    FWIW, in my bracket, A Player is sitting pretty at 620, while three others are vying for second place around 377.

Thanks! Gives me a goal for today lol I imagine they aren't going to give rewards this time around, and will likely bracket all of us high scorers together first time around. Gonna laugh if, in a 7 day event, 350 wins gets you 36th place while 1st is at 700+
  • plz no I just want free cards.
  • fruithead
    Options
    I hope the ai gets a lot harder before they make ladder rewards lol
  • The_Leftist
    Options
    It would be neat if the AI adapted to how you played your deck, like saved information on which cards you played first or what type of situations you were in when saving cards
  • Right now I'm at 880 wins and 108 losses with a 608 game win streak. The win streak is because when you quit a game early, it counts it as a loss but doesn't affect your win streak. Not that I quit to maintain my win streak, but if I know for a fact that I've already lost then why waste my time on extra rounds. And I agree that legitimate live-action PVP would be awesome, significantly more challenging and more fun. The ability to see global rankings would be cool too, but more than anything I'd like to know about the reward system for quick battles. Especially with regards to the red tokens earned with every win. I have Chandra and Jace at lvl 50, Nissa at lvl 30, Gideon at 13 and Liliana at 1, and I prefer to play my lower lvl planeswalkers solely because I can be matched against enemies 2-5 lvls higher and get 100-250 runes and 2-5 red tokens every win as opposed to 1 token and 50 runes (although that still only happens about 1 in 10 battles). So will my 100s of red tokens (which are currently invisible and unaccounted for) still account for anything when they become a legitimate aspect of the game? The Info button says "Leaderboards are reset quickly" which is clearly not the case right now, so any amount of clarification would be great.
  • Dingis wrote:
    Not that I quit to maintain my win streak, but if I know for a fact that I've already lost then why waste my time on extra rounds.

Because losing give you runes too.
  • Meto5000
    Meto5000 Posts: 583
    Options
    Dingis wrote:
    The Info button says "Leaderboards are reset quickly" which is clearly not the case right now, so any amount of clarification would be great.

To a planeswalker, a mere month is like an eyeblink to them. The lifespan of a mortal, like sands through the hourglass, so are the days of their lives.
  • I'm at game win # 69 with my Gideon Consul's Lieutenant/Sharp Eyes combo
  • Thanks a lot, now there are active people in my bracket so I have to play ._.
  • I've fallen behind pretty much entirely because I lost my phone charger. I have one now, but I hope they reset so I can get another chance.
    And there better not be any "all time" leaderboards. Those are just a list of grinders that have played since the beginning (i.e. me) which nobody else has a shot at.
  • Meto5000
    Meto5000 Posts: 583
    Options
    NOfi4i2.png?1

I have to be honest, while I'd rather play other Planeswalkers, playing with anyone besides my level 8 Gideon results in matches that take way, way too long for the miniscule rewards we currently receive. Jace games especially take a long time due to the slow controlled nature of blue. Also, no matter what deck you play, killing an opponent with 30 life is much less time consuming than one with 90+

Disclaimer: Names were changed to protect the innocent. Malcrof is (probably) not the player behind any of my leaderboard mates.
  • Oh damn I definitely though this Malcrof guy had way too much time on his hands.

I am not a smart man.
  • With a level 8 Gideon you can run through a battle very quickly, and generally, without losing any life, so you can go straight on the next one.

The question to my mind is this: is it more fun to rush through a series of short battles with a low-level PW, or spend time on a much longer one with a high-level PW? The first gives you more rewards, of course, but is it as interesting?
  • DrNno
    DrNno Posts: 18
    Options
    My bracket has 993 people since launch day, and the same people are in the top ten. I found a good Gideon deck, and I'm now holding my 5th rank with 237 wins, but I have no hope to gain a rank until the reset. Next player is 75 wins above me (322 wins), and the leader has 798 wins, 561 more than me.

Some people have no life icon_razz.gif . Including me icon_twisted.gif
  • I'm charging through with a lvl 8 Gideon (to get the +1/+1 for Sharp Eyes) and it is very rare that I lose more than 2 lives per duel, and I can usually regain those with that 4-point Ascetic. Against equivalent-level Nissas, once I get the first creature down and vigilant, Nissa has no hope to break through with low-attack Visionaries and Empaths, and once Kytheon's Irregulars come out, the game is over.