4* DDQ, XFW V Cyclops, 2nd wave.

Options

Comments

• madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Finally beat it after 18 tries. Finally got a really great board where I was getting all the black matches and the two times he fired his yellow there wasn't a bazillion TU tiles. Got a icon_thing.pnggreenflag.png
  • whazzmaster
    whazzmaster Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Today was the first time I actually beat the 4* DDQ! 5/1/3 lvl 192 XF took me eight or nine tries, and eventually used +2 G/B, +2 All, and +100% match damage. Had a yellow cd out and he match-4'd the line away to kill himself, though he would have killed me next turn with black.

And the LT turned out to be OML- my first 5*.
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    edited January 2016
    Options
    This is a sad reminder of how toothless XF is now. He's a fragile one-trick pony when he should be a dangerous killer.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    First time it took me 29 tries, while upping my fully covered and balanced XFW to 166, and a gazillion boosts.

This time my 180 XFW did it first try without breaking a sweat.

Added the 4star to my pile of now 22 junk 4stars.. R91 can't come fast enough. 2 days until I have to start selling.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    First try, 4/5/4, 231.

Black match-5 to start, cleared all the red, and was still a turn away from eating his red and dying by the end.
  • Unknown
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Currently on try 14 with 3/5/5 231 with 0 luck. I hate this stupid game. Good thing I gave up on it.

Got it on try 15 barely. Reward Mr.F 1000 ISO. Screw this ****....
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Level 170, 1/5/5. I gave myself two green and two black. Boosted green and black damage 50% and went in.

It went okay for a while, but Cyke got some red, black and yellow because the game was basically giving it to him. He did his yellow move, which was what I was waiting for since the board was starved red and using surgical strike would have been meh. He got a red match, taking his AP to 12. I got my surgical strike off and knocked him down to about 6k health. Figured I was basically screwed. I used his green and got a nice long cascade *somehow* since it was only at one cover. Two 5 matches in there and a butt load of black. Shot off surgical strike again and won.

Very lucky and very grateful. Got an icon_antman.pngblueflag.png
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    First try at 5/5/3 195. Waited for him to use his yellow and surgically struck his face off.

I remember it being a lot harder last time, although I honestly can't remember what my Wolverine looked like then.
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Lvl 270 4/5/4 xforce. No boosts. First try. Collected black and prevented red from cyke when necessary. Waited for him to use yellow. Then surgical strike with all that red on the board almost one shotted his close-to-full health. He did not get off his red or black. Legendary token provided a kingpin black which was not needed.
  • Darknes21
    Darknes21 Posts: 321 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    166 3/5/5 with 100% boosted all color, +2 blk/Gn, +2 all color. 5 tries....Got a purple Rulk....no 5* since Phoenix release

Darknes21 (LogansLoonies)
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Second try with my lv 229 xfw. Not so bad! Won an xfw black cover that I needed.
  • whoami
    whoami Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Options
    After the face plant that was the first cycle, I had low (no) hopes this time around. But by 5/2/1 level 172 XFW somehow made it in his third try. (Deny red, wait to use black until board fills with red, wait to use green until board is unfavorable.) Was it easier due to the lack of team-up, because I had one more cover than last time, because I think I attack the 4* DDQ more skillfully, or just plain luck?

Probably luck. But a red X-23 cover is now mine, so no complaints!
  • stryke
    stryke Posts: 107 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Okay you definitely need either 3 covers in green or black or this is impossible. Tried repeatedly with my 167 X-Force 2/2/4 and burned out all my boosts entirely and the best I could get is him down to 3k before the inevitable 10 red one shot.
  • Lukoil
    Lukoil Posts: 266 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    1-5-1 (140) 5 tries - star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngredflag.pngicon_jeangrey.png
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,292 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Took me 9 tries with lvl 166 2/5/1 XF. Used +2AP B/G most of the time but on final try also used 5 +20% all match damage. Beat him one turn before he was going to blast me with his black power on turn 9. Got him down to less than 2000 hp many times but he always was able to gather enough red or yellow to fire his optic blasts and one shot me.

Cyclops is just a terrible match up for XF since you try to deny him red and yellow and then Cyclops just matches the black tiles you need. Cyclops is one of the better 3* and XF one of lesser 4*, doesn't make sense other than they know XF is probably one of the most covered 4* so they want to stick it to the player base.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I won on my first attempt with my 5/5/3 level 228 XFW. Boosted G/B, all AP and +60% match damage. Cyclops never fired off a power before my green and then Surgical Strike killed him. Got a PX yellow from the token.

It's good to see the rotation come back around. It will be interesting to see if I can win some of the ones I failed the first time.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Last run was pretty much impossible with my 2/2/2. This time round I had 4/5/2 and the fact that no teamups meant I was sure I'll get it done. Levelled to 180 and failed miserably till I was out of health packs. Woke up this morning, did my pve clear and figured I should try again since I had 10 health packs left. On the first attempt I collected enough black the turn before yellow was casted. Luckily there were no cascades (unlike the night before) and surgical strike took him down to 500. I double checked his ap counts, looked at the board, saw a match 4 of green and went for it. Just enough to beat it.

What a difference a good night sleep does (though it was all luck).

Too bad the token was a dupe of wxf black. Streaks of dupes continues (when there are 50 other 4* covers I need)
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Second try, L262 xforce. Much faster than my many attempts last time.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I managed it on my 5th try with my 5/3/3 level 183 X-Force. I ended up chewing through a total of 27 +20% damage boosts, but I finally took him out with a good board and +2 Green/Black, +100% match damage, and +2 all AP. It was still a tricky fight. I made sure to match team-ups when I could to prevent the indirect damage that he could do with his yellow.
  • Natsufan01
    Natsufan01 Posts: 259 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    9 or 10 tries but pulled it off for my 2/3/3 xfw. Levelled him for the fight. Used b/g ap boost and damage, as well as damage all colors boosts. Got an antman purple, which is one of only two 4* powers I have maxed.

Add insult to injury I pulled another antman purple from a venom bomb token today as well.