Need a way to see game rules and terms!

Options
I'm tired of not knowing what in the world game terms and game icons mean, and I hate not knowing what the game terms mean. Why do I have to come online to learn how your game works!? (and no, telling me once in a tutorial clearly isn't enough if that is what you did with some of this stuff, and no, I'm not asking for anything that hasn't been common in games like this for decades and decades)

How about you guys be like every other game with convoluted rules and offer a glossary area where people can get information?

What is:
* Menace
* Renown
* First strike
* Flying
* Reach
* Berserker
* What are all of the icons? Like the bow, like the horned monster head, like the arrow, like the castle, like the wings, like the shield with the eye in it.

There are cards that only react to elves. **** denotes elf? The Thornbow Archer doesn't say that it is an elf anywhere, so it's not an elf? Are the Conflave Naturalists elves? They sure have some pointy freakin ears, but they don't say they're an elf. Am I just supposed to guess with this stuff? How about the Gilt-Leaf Winnower? How about the Leaf Guilder? Awesome work, guys.

How am I supposed to tell when a card has been disabled? I will see a visual effect from a card that disables go from one card to another. If I pause the game and come back 3 hours later or 3 days later, how am I supposed to remember who was disabled? I don't see anything meaningful separating the one creature that was disabled from the rest.

Comments

• Freal. All of this would be super useful. I hope this is a high priority!

For the benefit of the poster: you can tap the icons on the cards on zoom-in to see the effects, but for some reason not while deck building? And also, the text is always cut off for me if it's an enemy's card. Not saying that's good enough, but so you can scrape on by as it is now.

It'd also be great to know exactly why some creatures enter as the first creature and others enter above the first creature.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    Options
    A good deal of helpful info can be found in-game in the FAQ. Tap the menu tab (upper-left), then SETTINGS/Support, then select the Magic PQ FAQ.
  • I have to disagree with you Hi-Fi, the in game FAQ is lacking in information on special abilities.

Copied from FAQ Gameplay:

"What is a Special Ability?

Special abilities effect Creature spells and are represented by an icon. Examples are;
    Flying - which allows Creatures to ignore non-flying defenders.
    Reach - which allows non-flying Creatures to defend against flyers.
    Renown - which makes Creatures more powerful by successfully doing damage to an opponent.

D3 Go! • November 23, 2015 04:57"

I would expect this entry to have a full listing of special abilities and icons to help new players understand the multitude of abilities in the game.
  • Some of things are easy to learn just by using them.
    Do you really not know all of these things or are you just asking to have them written down in-game?
    Let me know and I can write a small article explaining.
  • Dskysmine wrote:
    Some of things are easy to learn just by using them.
    Do you really not know all of these things or are you just asking to have them written down in-game?
    Let me know and I can write a small article explaining.

I believe for the interest of attracting and keeping new players to the game, that the OP is correct in asking for these things to be better explained in the FAQ. For non-MTG players who come to play, it should be better explained.
  • I put together a list on my site

http://www.mtgpq.com/guides/glossary

This should cover most of the terms, although agree it would be helpful in game