How do u get into a noob bracket?

Pollozz
Pollozz Posts: 82 Match Maker
edited January 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi all, so hard to reach the 1k progression on pvp, that would like to do it at least twice during a season, and read that some people are able to do it on easy brackets, but how is it done?. Thks ahead for ur tips.

Comments

• maybe with a noob roster
  • life_in_death
    life_in_death Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    edited January 2016
    You may get a noob bracket constantly finishing with low placements in the previous tournaments.
    This way you can finish in a bracket with non competitive people who are maybe less likely to attack you/have a worst roster than yours... though this in pvp applies only until a certain threshold (about 600-650 points I think, but it may vary) after which you can be "seen", and thus attacked, also by people from other brackets in the same time slice... so getting to 1000 won't be much easier.
    On the other hand placements rewards are easier to get especially if you join late, I once finished first joining about a day before the end of the event with about 800 points
  • chaos01
    chaos01 Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    You used to be able to skip a season or two and get placed into an easier bracket. That stopped around season 12. You need a noob roster to be in a noob bracket. I skipped last season and still face 270's after 600 despite having no one close to 270 but having 18 166s. I have found the 1000 progression easy to hit when I really want. But, sometimes ridiculous after 800.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    You may get a noob bracket constantly finishing with low placements in the previous tournaments.
    This way you can finish in a bracket with non competitive people who are maybe less likely to attack you/have a worst roster than yours... though this in pvp applies only until a certain threshold (about 600-650 points I think, but it may vary) after which you can be "seen", and thus attacked, also by people from other brackets in the same time slice... so getting to 1000 won't be much easier.
    On the other hand placements rewards are easier to get especially if you join late, I once finished first joining about a day before the end of the event with about 800 points

You need to tank a few (like 3-5) pvp events. And then maybe you'll get lucky enough to fall into a noob bracket. Also, joining late is a dice roll. I tried that once this season, and ended up in a bracket where t10 was 2k. icon_e_confused.gif
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    puppychow wrote:

You need to tank a few (like 3-5) pvp events. And then maybe you'll get lucky enough to fall into a noob bracket. Also, joining late is a dice roll. I tried that once this season, and ended up in a bracket where t10 was 2k. icon_e_confused.gif

I joined Fresh Cut with 50 minutes left and got top 20 with 400 points, event before that same time scale and top 10 was already well over 1500.

To the OP there really are no "easy" brackets where you can coast to 1000 points unless you have a very top tier roster and even then you will need HP for shields.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    1k progression has nothing to do with noob or vet brackets, that is for placement, not progression. Each bracket in a slice can see and attack all other players in the slice, regardless of bracket, if the MMR thinks they are a decent match based on your roster.

Reaching 1k progression is about picking the right slice, pvp team, and shield hop timing.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    i want to get in a boob bracket icon_e_smile.gif

really though try joining late if you just want the top 100 rewards.. joined tonight with 10 mins to go and took 66th with just playing 5 matches