Tier based PVP and more lower tier characters

Selvokaz
Selvokaz Posts: 82 Match Maker
Bring value back to the lower Tier characters and not by simply giving us Balance of Power events either.

Tier Based PVP.

Basically revamp PVP. making a PVP event for each tier of characters. There is the Tier 1 PVP, the Tier 2 PVP and so on and so forth until you reach Tier 4 where you can use Tier 4 and 5s. Once you pick which Tier you want to enter you are locked out of the other 3 tiers until the events are over.

In Tier 1 PVP You can only use Tier 1 characters,
In Tier 2 PVP You can only use Tier 1 and 2 characters,
In Tier 3 PVP You can only use Tier 1, 2 and 3 characters,
In Tier 4 PVP You can use any tier characters.

PVP should be about skill not just who has the better roster, and this goes a long way to making this possible, save making PVP live matches or something.

Also rewards would vary based on the Tier you choose to participate in.
Tier 1: 1st-2nd place 800 Iso, 2 Silver Tokens, 3rd-4th 400 Iso 1 Silver Token, 5th-6th 200 Iso, 7th and lower 100 Iso.
Tier 2: 1st-2nd place 1000 Iso, 2 Gold Tokens, 3rd-4th 800 Iso 1 Gold Token, 5th-6th 500 Iso 1 Silver Token, 7th and lower 250 Iso.
Tier 3: 1st-2nd place 1000 Iso, 2 Gold Tokens 2 Command Points, 3rd-4th 800 Iso 1 Gold Token 1 Command Point, 5th-6th 500 Iso 1 Silver Token, 7th and lower 250 Iso.
Tier 4/5: 1st-2nd place 2000 Iso, 1 Legendary Tokens 2 Command Points, 3rd-4th 1000 Iso 1 Gold Token 1 Command Point, 5th-6th 800 Iso 1 Gold Token, 7th and lower 500 Iso and 1 Silver Token.

opinions?

Comments

• wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't disagree that there should be tiers for PVP, but what would happen with alliance points? In tier 1 or 2 you could get up to 800-900 points and then play tier 3 for another 800-900 points and then tier 4 for 1000 plus points. To go with tiers you would also have to completely revamp the alliance structure. I think to make it easy to start make an open PVP and a 3* or less PVP and you can enter one or the other. The open PVP would give out 4* as prizes and the 3* or less would give out 3* rewards. This way players can focus on the 3 or 4* transition depending wher they are.
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    You need to re-read the OP, once you select a tier you would then be locked out of the other tiers.

For the longevity of the game some kind of segregation is essential. At the minute there are players who just cannot compete in versus. There is only so long that MMR allows you to stay in no noob brackets and then thrown to the wolves.

I am in 3* territory and there is no way I can compete in versus for top placement and progression, at the moment I have to decide if I want to score high or place high, there is no in-between. Why should we be duking it out with 4* and 5* when we don't have the rosters to?
  • Selvokaz
    Selvokaz Posts: 82 Match Maker
    Also the prizes don't have to work exactly like I suggested, i just used that as a means to illustrate how prizes could very from tier to tier, with the main goal being to get to prepared for the next tier if you finish high enough in your present tier. The exact rewards could be better or worse depending on how d3go decided to do it.
  • wirius
    wirius Posts: 667
    Sounds excellent and much better than the current, "If you're winning too much with a lower level roster, we'll start making you lose by matching you up with impossible rosters". This will still happen, but at least the lower rewards will be worthwhile. I would probably put a limit on entering such as "total iso spent on roster" or "number and cover limit to characters of a certain * level"