PVE Ranking Question

hey guys

wondering if anyone could give me some advise, im currently doing venom bomb and grinded all nodes twice yet im now 12th and the 1st place has like over 1k pts ahead of me?? am i missing somthing as it seems like they are able to rack up alot more points some how???

thank you

Comments

• cactusrob
    cactusrob Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    There is a particular way to maximise points in PvE. Nodes refresh every eight hours. So the best best is to hit them as soon as a sub event opens, then eight hours later. For the final clear you want to then grind the nodes to zero just in time for the sub event to end. Have a look in the tips and guide section.
  • Redrobot30
    Redrobot30 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Some people "double tap" the nodes right off the bat so they will play all the nodes they can and then immediately after they clear all the nodes again, thus gainng more points.The downside is that the refresh timer goes up an additional 8 hours. Also the second time you clear those nodes they are worth a smaller amount of points. Like the post above the optimal way is the wait until the 8 hour refresh to maximize your points.
  • i did read the guide in tips section but was little confused, so if i want to maximise my points do i clear each sub down to 0 pts and repeat in 8 hours or only play each sub twice and then play again in 8 hours?

thank you
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    zepuk wrote:
    i did read the guide in tips section but was little confused, so if i want to maximise my points do i clear each sub down to 0 pts and repeat in 8 hours or only play each sub twice and then play again in 8 hours?

thank you

Staring as soon as the event/sub starts complete every node once, then leave for 8 hours. Exactly 8 hours later complete every node once and walk away. Depending on how fast you can clear all the nodes is when to come back to the sub. You want to play again with enough time left to clear every node down to zero points (5 or 6 clears I think). Don't forget that lots of times the main event "sub" has repeatable nodes too so those need to be hit as well.

You need to repeat the above for either 4 or 7 continuous days depending on the event, forsaking all sleep patterns, social life, family time and work in order to even be in with a sniff of top 5.
  • cactusrob
    cactusrob Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    Clear all nodes once. Wait 8 hours. Clear all nodes once again, wait 8 hours. Then grind to zero.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    You play each node once every 8 hrs, then multiply the time you need for a full clear by 6 and start your end grind with that much time remaining and grind everything down to 1.
  • That is perfect just the answer i was looking for  Linkster79 icon_e_biggrin.gif , makes perfect sense, thank you very mych guys hopfully get a decent rank now messed up the first event by grinding down to zero lol
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    When you go to repeat a node you will see the time remaining for full points just in case you forget which order you did you clear in.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    There are 3 full point clears in a 24 hour sub, hour 0,8,16. At hour 20-22 you begin grinding nodes to 0. That is how you get max points
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    fmftint wrote:
    There are 3 full point clears in a 24 hour sub, hour 0,8,16. At hour 20-22 you begin grinding nodes to 0. That is how you get max points

For the top players, the grind starts at 2 to 2 1/2 hours prior to expiration. But you better hope you don't lose a few times or else you won't catch up. icon_twisted.gif
  • wow i best give myself enough time as i do die now and then lol, i may give myself 3 hours, thanks again guys for explaining this has really helped alot, i just hope i can get t10 or t5 but only done 12k previous event :/
  • Lystrata
    Lystrata Posts: 322 Mover and Shaker
    Just to give an example of why it's most effective to hit each node once per refresh, then grind at the end of a sub:

I'm in Venom PvE right now. First sub. At the end of the very first refresh, I had 2910 points - after playing each node once. 1st had 7500(ish). At the end of the third refresh, I have 8100. First (same guy) has 11000. So just over the course of 3 refreshes, he's lost 1500 points off his lead.

When it comes time to do the final grind, his nodes will be worthless, and anyone who has been playing close to optimally will overtake him.
    Linkster79 wrote:
    You need to repeat the above for either 4 or 7 continuous days depending on the event, forsaking all sleep patterns, social life, family time and work in order to even be in with a sniff of top 5.

Heh. It's really not that bad now, with 8 hour refreshes. Only the end of sub grind gets a bit annoying these days.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,275 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lystrata wrote:
    Heh. It's really not that bad now, with 8 hour refreshes. Only the end of sub grind gets a bit annoying these days.

It's not as bad that's true, but the end grind every 24 hours especially on a PVE that runs like 7 days... It's just the most exhausting and boring thing to do. I really wish we had more 48 hours sub because right now its almost 90% 24 hours sub.

PVE is already so grindy, just make the subs longer please? icon_cry.gif
  • Lystrata
    Lystrata Posts: 322 Mover and Shaker
    And to update, by the end of that first sub, after grinding - I was 2k over second, and that 'first' positioned player had fallen to fourth.
    [/example]
    sinnerjfl wrote:
    Lystrata wrote:

It's not as bad that's true, but the end grind every 24 hours especially on a PVE that runs like 7 days... It's just the most exhausting and boring thing to do. I really wish we had more 48 hours sub because right now its almost 90% 24 hours sub.

PVE is already so grindy, just make the subs longer please? icon_cry.gif

Yeah, I really don't bother with the 7 day ones for the boredom factor alone.