Make "Daily Rewards" cumulative and not month related

Options
Imho the Daily Rewards should just add up to 31 and then reset but they shouldn't be bound to the month.
Eg. If I start playing mid month I can still go through all the daily rewards and get the last one mid next month instead of having them reset when I'm halfway, it's a daily reward and I logged in 31 days straight, why did I not earn it?
What about months with 30 days? You are probably going to end up cutting the good stuff, 28\29 days months? Even worse.

It doesn't make sense to reset the daily rewards at the end of the month, just make them add up to 31 and then reset it.

Comments

• The_Leftist
    Options
    Great idea.

I really like this suggestion, and for this game in particular, it's better than the daily reward system for MPQ.

And if they don't change the system, at least make the final day a fat pack for every month.

I neat suggestion would be to also include a daily event that featured a low level event, a mid level event, and a high level event for 250/500/1000 runes that can each be completed once, and maybe even include that you can only win one event, so people aren't getting 1,750 runes per day. 1,000 runes a day for expert players isn't bad considering that many of us can farm at least a couple thousand runes a day, and the runes required to level the beginning planeswalkers escalates pretty quickly. I imagine dual color planeswalkers will require a lot more runes.
  • I really, really didn't think it worked this way. I was close to the fat pack and now it resets? Surely this can't be for real?

Talk about a slap in the face. Such bad design.
  • Dang. This is a disappointing way to find out. Would definitely like this daily rewards system to change.
    Happy new year, everybody!
  • This is really a player retention problem - New players will come in in the middle of the month and feel like they're making progress. Then, at the end of the first month, that progress will reset. This provides a perfect opportunity for new players to get frustrated and quit the game. Likewise, old players coming back to the game during a month (say, after an update) will have the same reaction.

This needs to be cumulative. The current system will only serve to lose players at the end of every month.
  • I agree, and it was disappointing to say the least to see your progress get reset at the start of the month because you started a game late. And don't get me started on the Fat Pack only given out to players on months with 31 days. So, what happens to all those months with no 31?
  • The_Leftist
    Options
    Only time will tell. You can't just assume other months won't include fat packs.

If I had to guess, I believe we will all receive a small amount of compensation (single booster pack most likely), but the key here is that they are looking at their system and discussing changes (although I personally believe the system is fine as it stands and that we just got **** the first month) and they are aware that many players are upset with the lack of communication.
  • Oberoni
    Oberoni Posts: 34
    Options
    This is a great idea that needs to be bumped.

If the system is changed to this, players still get the same good feeling from logging in frequently and collecting rewards, but they avoid the bad feeling of missing a day. Keeping essentially the same positive incentive while removing the negative drawback will make players feel better about the game overall - the anger a player directs at the game when they miss a day will disappear.