Question about new placement rewards

Davan
Davan Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
edited January 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
So in David's post he said for a 7day reward placement at 6-10 you would get 1 4star cover plus 3000iso and 100hps. Half of those for a 3-4 day event.

My question is in the game it says ALL rewards from the previous rank which makes it sound like you get the 3 3star covers as well. So the wording is confusing but do I get the 3star covers as well or should I stick to David's post?

If I don't get the 3stars it's better to let my rank slip as they are more useful to me right now. I have 2 or 3 Lady Thors so I'm covered for it as an essential anyway.

Comments

• mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm pretty sure you get all the 3*s as well. There's no way placing higher would give you worse rewards.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    If it says "All rewards from the previous rank" then that should be what you will receive. If you don't get your She-Hulk covers on a top 10 placement, post here or open a ticket with Customer Services.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    You get the 11-20 rewards as well, anything less 1-10 wouldn't get any hp/iso
  • I placed 3rd. I got the She Hulk covers and one Thor cover. I've submitted a ticket, and hope it'll come to something.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Hmm, yeah. So in your case you expected to get one Thor for 3rd place, then "all rewards from the previous rank", which in this case was the rank 6-10 prize of another Thor cover plus the the 11-20 prize of all three She-Hulk covers.

Sounds like the "All rewards from the previous rank" type rewards don't "stack" properly. Whether they were meant to is another question entirely...
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    You would think all rewards would mean all rewards, but it doesn't. Ice, before he left, clarified that it was just the ISO/HP and not the covers. Why it's still misleading? Attention to detail is job none here. icon_e_smile.gif

eta: Here's the post ...
    IceIX wrote:
    IceIX, the first version of the new rewards said that T10 got all 3 3* covers as well as 4* covers. Your updated version doesn't have this. Which version is correct?
    4* covers only. The all previous was referring to Iso/HP rewards.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    I placed 4th, got yellow and blue Thor covers and 3 SheHulks.
  • DrStrange-616
    lukewin wrote:
    I placed 4th, got yellow and blue Thor covers and 3 SheHulks.

Hmm. So maybe they changed it so that it does accurately reflect the rewards. That would be nice.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    I placed first and got 3x thoress and 3x shehulk covers. If this is as intended, I see newer players skipping the 3* completely. There are less 4* than 3* in the game so 4* would cycle through more often. Having a roster of soft capped 2* at 70 is enough to do well in pve (may just need to have the 3* and 4* essentials)
  • DrStrange-616
    Pongie wrote:
    I placed first and got 3x thoress and 3x shehulk covers. If this is as intended, I see newer players skipping the 3* completely. There are less 4* than 3* in the game so 4* would cycle through more often. Having a roster of soft capped 2* at 70 is enough to do well in pve (may just need to have the 3* and 4* essentials)

I really hope this new feature does something to address soft-capping. I have no idea how, but it bugs.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pongie wrote:

I really hope this new feature does something to address soft-capping. I have no idea how, but it bugs.
    You mean how they say they want us to level our characters, but have done nothing about it for 2 years? They can look to take covers into scaling, so the more covers you have the higher scaling you get.
    Or just fix the levels in PVE.
    Or keep scaling the same and each time you defeat a node it increases one difficulty Level so eventually it becomes a deadly node if you grind it down super far.
    There are lots of ways to address this, they just need to choose to address it.