300k progression award reachable?

Options
Unknown
edited February 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
I'm just curious if anyone is even close to this number in the Simulator event? The top guy in my bracket has 185k and i am 4th with 145k. I would like to reach 200k for second Patch, but I'm not sure I have enough grinding left in me.

Comments

• I've been grinding like a madman and I might be too bunt out in this event to reach 300k. I think I could have, but I don't think I can spend the time needed to achieve it. We're talking working hours a day to do it.
  • Currently, first place has 178.5K. I would argue no, the general population cannot hit 300K.
  • Currently, first place has 178.5K. I would argue no, the general population cannot hit 300K.

Agreed. 200k should be fairly achievable for many people, 250k for a few & 300k almost impossible. Not sure if OP meant 200k or 300k though, since they only mention wanting to get 200k in the text. I'm on 181k and my hard-mode multiplier is 9.4x so it should be max rubber-banding all the way to 200k by tomorrow.
  • If anyone gets there it will be a very, very small group.

Top guy in my bracket has about 200k, seems to play every mission multiple times each refresh period. I'm not sure he has enough time to make it. I'm in 2nd with 175k or so. I don't need Patch covers, so I don't care about getting to 300k. I would like that ISO at 250K, though. Would require some serious grinding, but I think it might be in reach. Not sure I'm motivated enough to push for it. I expect less than 250k will be needed for top 2, which is my real goal.
  • I'm at 160k and I don't feel like I grinded very much. I pretty much just did every mission until I got all of the rewards, and then farmed 2-3 of the big point missions each time. 300k does sound like a lot, but I think it's about what you would get if you completed every mission 4 times per reset.
  • 300K probably was reachable if you were optimally efficient. I'm at about 140K, I've barely played.
  • im at 192k atm. I dont think i will be able to get 100k during 2 wipes. I'm quite sure I wont reach 250k either. I'm really burned out from all the grinding.
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I wonder if this 10 day PVE event is to boast how many people are online playing MPQ daily.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'll be surprised if I hit 150k myself. Too much grinding to approach the upper tiers.
  • Ah, I forgot this event was bracketed. Thought this was one of those global tournaments. Either way, 300K is a pretty tall order. Good luck to you guys making the run. My squad can't handle hard mode, so I'm out of the running.
  • I suspect that I'll top out at 220 thousand, roughly (I should be first or second). Not sure, at this point, that I could hit 250 thousand even if I got fired right now and divorced tonight. I'm sure 300000 is theoretically possible, just like 54k in Heroic Oscorp, but not by people with any lives or self-respect. At least this time the prizes in the subs were available every 50 hours.