Worst Team Up Power?

Gowaderacer
Gowaderacer Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
edited December 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
With the addition of 4* Spidey Miles, I'd like to cast my vote for his yellow power as the worst team up available.

It's already a pretty terrible power when used with the character but at least it accelerates the damage on his purple and has a passive that makes it decent. As a TU it just shoots a few web tiles on the board that do absolutely nothing.

Comments

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2016
    With the addition of 4* Spidey Miles, I'd like to cast my vote for his yellow power as the worst team up available.

It's already a pretty terrible power when used with the character but at least it accelerates the damage on his purple and has a passive that makes it decent. As a TU it just shoots a few web tiles on the board that do absolutely nothing.

Not if you bring 3* or 1* Spiderman but think of it this way, with the increase of 4* AI T/U (e.g. Red Hulk) it will be nice to see the AI use a useless T/U against us instead of the high damaging ones we've been seeing lately.
  • It's still Elektra, who throws some enemy strike tiles on the board and then bails.
  • Gowaderacer
    Gowaderacer Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    AE_Fios wrote:
    It's still Elektra, who throws some enemy strike tiles on the board and then bails.

But Elektra could actually be useful especially against strong strike tile generators like OML. Miles is only useful if you bring a 1* or 3* character that no one uses.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Rags healing power, it's useless instant garbage can for me.
  • Redrobot30
    Redrobot30 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Ragnarok Blue. You aren't even on my team! How are you going to heal yourself when you aren't even there! Riddle me this...
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Invisible Woman's old Green was the worst. She would throw out some bubbles then end the turn icon_lol.gif
  • Lemminkäinen
    Lemminkäinen Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    Redrobot30 wrote:
    Ragnarok Blue. You aren't even on my team! How are you going to heal yourself when you aren't even there! Riddle me this...

Correct. Rags blue is the worst possible TU. For 8 TU AP, it creates .... a couple green charged tiles, number depending on TU quality.

—> END OF THREAD <—

Miles yellow is very useful to 1* Venom, 1* Spidey, and 3* Spidey ... and also capable of feeding any of them on the opposing team as well.
    Eh, if 1* Venom counts as somehow making the Miles Yellow TU useful, then Rags Blue can be useful if you can create Green tiles to make use of the charged tiles (GSBW, Kamala) or if you can use those Charged tiles somehow (4*Thor).
  • Lemminkäinen
    Eh, if 1* Venom counts as somehow making the Miles Yellow TU useful, then Rags Blue can be useful if you can create Green tiles to make use of the charged tiles (GSBW, Kamala) or if you can use those Charged tiles somehow (4*Thor).

Miles yellow makes 4 web tiles at 4 covers.

Rags blue make 3 charged tiles at 5 covers.

The AP costs are the same.

Case closed ... again icon_lol.gif
    But web tiles are even more useless than charged tiles for 97% of the characters in the game.

* End of thread *
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    You can still plan ahead for Miles and the Rags' tutile.png though, even if you don't think Thoress or the Spidey's are worth the effort. Green charged tiles still do give more green ap than usual which is good for all the green damage users out there.

For cost vs return value, I still think Yelena and 2* Bullseye blackflag.png 's are the worst. They're just too expensive in cost to justify the little they do when they finally are able to be used. 5* team ups cost less to fire than Yelena's Payback, and there are better ways to deal with special tiles than her.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    The computer has been using Rulk's utility TU a lot recently, I am sure to be consistent that the devs will ensure that Miles' yellow will see as much use for them. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • MPQ_Daywalker
    MPQ_Daywalker Posts: 384 Mover and Shaker
    [
    But web tiles are even more useless than charged tiles for 97% of the characters in the game.

If you're going to try math, get it right: 86 out of 90 playable characters is 95.55%

What you're forgetting, aesthetocyst, is that 85.67% of all quoted statistics are completely made up.

My vote for worst team-up is Yelena's black. 13 AP to create 2 critical tiles (if enemy special tiles exist). You can argue that at least 4.5% of characters can use use web tiles, but if your match is taking so long you can actually gather 13 team-up AP and the only team-up you brought was Yelena, then you have other problems.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor

Other TUs I usually trash are those that drain a color, like Onslaught, and Repulsor Punch (unless it's full covers and high level). When fired as a TU, they are twice as a expensive, sucking down their base cost from the TU reservoir, and then draining ALL of their related color too! Onslaught, once you're past 2*s, is never worth that; I trash it on sight. These TUs ought to use TU AP only when fired as a TU!

I occasionally have found a use for Onslaught, it works okay for teams with passive greenflag.png 's, like the Blade/Daken combo. Daken's matching green anyway, so why not? It's not great , only good. Especially with Gamma Siphon showing up all the time as a AI TU now. Yeah, you're right, it's probably better to toss it in the bin to make room.

Also I know people love Twin Pistols for its targeting but any turn ending TU is a no go for me too.
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Tatercat wrote:

Other TUs I usually trash are those that drain a color, like Onslaught, and Repulsor Punch (unless it's full covers and high level). When fired as a TU, they are twice as a expensive, sucking down their base cost from the TU reservoir, and then draining ALL of their related color too! Onslaught, once you're past 2*s, is never worth that; I trash it on sight. These TUs ought to use TU AP only when fired as a TU!

I occasionally have found a use for Onslaught, it works okay for teams with passive greenflag.png 's, like the Blade/Daken combo. Daken's matching green anyway, so why not? It's not great , only good. Especially with Gamma Siphon showing up all the time as a AI TU now. Yeah, you're right, it's probably better to toss it in the bin to make room.

Also I know people love Twin Pistols for its targeting but any turn ending TU is a no go for me too.

Although Twin Pistols is an example of a TU that might be preferable to its original form because when that turn ends, it doesn't leave the squishy Hood standing bare-**** naked in the front row.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Other TUs I usually trash are those that drain a color, like Onslaught, and Repulsor Punch (unless it's full covers and high level). Smash is also pretty bad in this regard. When fired as a TU, they are twice as a expensive, sucking down their base cost from the TU reservoir, and then draining ALL of their related color too! Onslaught, once you're past 2*s, is never worth that; I trash it on sight. These TUs ought to use TU AP only when fired as a TU!

I actually keep Repulsor Punch once in a while for when I'm using a team with no red power - it can be a good match ender when you've match-4'd and cascaded into 20+ red. I frequently forget I even have TU powers for some reason, so the increased cost doesn't bother me since I usually end matches with a ton of unused TU points anyway.
  • Jarvind wrote:
    Other TUs I usually trash are those that drain a color, like Onslaught, and Repulsor Punch (unless it's full covers and high level). Smash is also pretty bad in this regard. When fired as a TU, they are twice as a expensive, sucking down their base cost from the TU reservoir, and then draining ALL of their related color too! Onslaught, once you're past 2*s, is never worth that; I trash it on sight. These TUs ought to use TU AP only when fired as a TU!

I actually keep Repulsor Punch once in a while for when I'm using a team with no red power - it can be a good match ender when you've match-4'd and cascaded into 20+ red. I frequently forget I even have TU powers for some reason, so the increased cost doesn't bother me since I usually end matches with a ton of unused TU points anyway.
    It's nice to mention that Flame Jet is the opposite of these.

Normally, Flame Jet takes 5 greentile.png to launch, and after spending that 5 green, THEN you use your reserves every turn.

Team Up saves you that 5 green so it goes straight into the damage hurt pile.
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    2* magneto blueflag.png
    Takes so long to go off, underwhelming effect for the most part, costs too much for too little imo.
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    colwag wrote:
    It's nice to mention that Flame Jet is the opposite of these.

Normally, Flame Jet takes 5 greentile.png to launch, and after spending that 5 green, THEN you use your reserves every turn.

Team Up saves you that 5 green so it goes straight into the damage hurt pile.

I like to see Flame Jet on the other side because the AI will usually launch it even if they've got a big green AoE users. I'll purposely try to protect it to keep bleeding them down.
  • Lemminkäinen
    [

If you're going to try math, get it right: 86 out of 90 playable characters is 95.55%
    I admit - I forgot Bagman (excluding him makes it 96.66...% unless I'm mistaken).

Still, your cutesy correction doesn't really invalidate the point of my claim. So yeah, thread still over, for you icon_e_wink.gif
  • Ragnarok's blue seems pretty pointless as a TU.
  • AtlasAxe
    AtlasAxe Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    Blahahah wrote:
    2* magneto blueflag.png
    Takes so long to go off, underwhelming effect for the most part, costs too much for too little imo.

I always look out for the 5 cover version, which is rare. I've taken out some big people and lots of enemy special tiles by wiping the entire board. I've also been hit by it and it usually isn't pretty.