Can't we just purchase Covers we don't have?

Options
Phaserhawk
Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
edited February 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
What do you guys think. I'm stuck with my 3 yellow, 0 blue, 5 purple spidey, how about you just let me buy a blue cover, why do I have to find the cover before I can purchase more of it?

Comments

• To encourage you to participate in events, which will require you to build other characters.
  • Phaserhawk
    Options
    SirKopath wrote:
    To encourage you to participate in events, which will require you to build other characters.

good point, it's just so frustrating trying to find a blue spidey, purple classic magneto and red hulk
  • I hear ya. We all got those elusive covers out there...
  • Got my first Purple C.Magneto yesterday after almost 5 straight months of play. From a standard token of all things.
  • I just spend all my iso into standard tokens to get covers. 3 stars aren't worth leveling at this moment for me since my 2 stars are doing fine by themselves.
  • I think offering the option to pay double or triple for a cover you don't have is valid.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Microtom wrote:
    I just spend all my iso into standard tokens to get covers. 3 stars aren't worth leveling at this moment for me since my 2 stars are doing fine by themselves.

I wouldnt recommend this: once you get a 3* that you need to level, its going to cost you ~200k iso which you arent going to have if you spend it all on tokens. Save up your iso if you dont have a 3* yet to work on: chances are that youll get enough covers for one through placement awards and not tokens anyways.
  • Microtom wrote:
    I just spend all my iso into standard tokens to get covers. 3 stars aren't worth leveling at this moment for me since my 2 stars are doing fine by themselves.

I wouldnt recommend this: once you get a 3* that you need to level, its going to cost you ~200k iso which you arent going to have if you spend it all on tokens. Save up your iso if you dont have a 3* yet to work on: chances are that youll get enough covers for one through placement awards and not tokens anyways.

I have too much iso actually and can buy 100 tokens every 3 days at least.
  • Microtom wrote:
    Microtom wrote:

I have too much iso actually and can buy 100 tokens every 3 days at least.

You're banking 50k ISO every 3 days?!
  • 50k of iso?.....the math barely works out....

50,000 iso in 16 hours (assuming you sleep) = 3125 iso in an hour
    takes about 3 minutes to play a round = 20 rounds
    3215 iso / 20 rounds = 160.75 iso per round

doable but...you would have to be a robot...
  • While that seems a little high for most people, keep in mind a new reset of the subs gets you 200 per mission for the first time bonus (4000 ISO), probably 18 missions with 500/250/100 rewards (assuming a token is 100 ISO), roughly (15,300), the big rewards (maybe another 3000-5000), and those will get you nearly halfway there.
  • Ben Grimm wrote:
    While that seems a little high for most people, keep in mind a new reset of the subs gets you 200 per mission for the first time bonus (4000 ISO), probably 18 missions with 500/250/100 rewards (assuming a token is 100 ISO), roughly (15,300), the big rewards (maybe another 3000-5000), and those will get you nearly halfway there.

Well, yeah. In the middle of an ISO rich PvE event, sure.
  • gambl0r312
    gambl0r312 Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    50k of iso?.....the math barely works out....

50,000 iso in 16 hours (assuming you sleep) = 3125 iso in an hour
    takes about 3 minutes to play a round = 20 rounds
    3215 iso / 20 rounds = 160.75 iso per round

doable but...you would have to be a robot...

Microtom DOES have a robot playing for him/her,

Or rather a BOT:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3042&p=47240#p47240

Microtom has mentioned it before...
    by Microtom » Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:21 pm

Lol, 25k iso for first position, I make more iso than that in a day...

and

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3251&p=51036&hilit=+bot#p51036
    by Microtom » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:31 pm

I don't care anymore. The bot I've been programming is now live since earlier today. It's still in its infancy but it works well enough to farm the first 20 iso mission forever. So I'll have iso for everyone!

Learn programming kids, it's easy enough. You can start here: https://www.edx.org/course/harvardx/har ... puter-1022
  • Oh. That doesn't seem very sportsman-like.
  • Phaserhawk wrote:
    What do you guys think. I'm stuck with my 3 yellow, 0 blue, 5 purple spidey, how about you just let me buy a blue cover, why do I have to find the cover before I can purchase more of it?

Out of every single cover that can be posessed, you only need a single blue spider-man cover to have them all?
  • Spencer75
    Options
    Microtom wrote:

This is absolutely insane, no one listen to this guy

You need your iso for leveling...

And the odds of pulling a cover you need, especially a 3 star, are vanishingly small

EDIT - just saw he has a bot playing for him and is a complete weirdo/scumbag
  • Spencer75
    Options
    bahukma wrote:
    Oh. That doesn't seem very sportsman-like.

It isn't, it's absolutely awful
  • Microtom wrote:

Units of currency in this Game are Time and Money. If you're not going to sacrifice time or money to earn your levels then that's your choice, but don't be giving others the idea that botting 20 ISO at a time is a legitimate alternative to spending time or money. It's not. It's cheating.

On a personal level I think it's cool to be able to do that. I have opportunities to code in my work but it's between CAD/GIS/Excel/Access and while I find it fun, it's not a game. As far as MPQ is concerned, I think it diminishes the percieved value of what has been achieved in the game. Please don't encourage it.
  • Phaserhawk
    Options
    Bugpop wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:

Out of every single cover that can be posessed, you only need a single blue spider-man cover to have them all?

No, but that's the only one I care about right now, well that and a purple Mag Classic