Could we get a way take characters out of the roster?

Apostrophe
Apostrophe Posts: 14
I'm having a hell of a time with the scaling and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

I have characters that are above level 166 that are effectively useless, but still effect the scaling. I've actually considered selling my highest level 4-star and 5-star characters in order to fix the scaling, but that just feels silly because the goal of the game is to collect high level characters.

So, could we get a way to suspend characters? Take them outside of the roster without selling them?

Right now you choose a time-slot when joining a new event - could we add to that an "Exclude characters from this event?" option as well?

This would be the easiest way of fixing the scaling, I think.

Comments

• FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    Over-leveling an under-covered or incorrectly covered character is a rough lesson to learn the hard way. Other scenarios you can encounter when you push levels on a character too high is they start tanking colors and burning health packs too fast, or (my favorite) PX suddenly becomes your 'strongest' and his passive feeds your team mountains of useless blue AP instead of the color you really want.

One of my alliance-mates accidentally did the last of those (wasn't paying attention and over-leveled his PX). I want to say he submitted a *very humble* ticket asking them to help him de-level the character. I don't believe they are actually able to de-level the character, but what I have seen them do in exceptional cases is allow you to sell the character and then they have compensated the player with the covers and ISO spent (less what the sale netted you). Then you can rebuild your character and stop leveling them at the place you should have stopped the first time.

I'm not sure if they are still willing to do this, or what alignment the stars need to be in for them to agree, but I have seen them offer help in cases like this. (Sometimes)

Also - on scaling
    Yes, scaling is partly based on roster, but it is also based on how successful you are beating PVE nodes. It doesn't matter if I am using my 4*s or my 3*s (or even my 2*s) if I'm beating PVE nodes too easily the difficulty still ratchets up. Before you start your grind on a PVE sub one time, check the enemy levels on the hardest node, then grind the nodes down to 1s from bottom up. If it doesn't start to move by the time you are done grinding the easier of the 3 nodes it definitely starts moving by the time you finish the first of the harder 3. (At least it does for me. I can, literally, watch my nodes get harder as I am doing my final grind on subs.)