Symbiote mutation ability description

W4LAndre
W4LAndre Posts: 73 Match Maker
I've noticed that the Mutation's red ability Bark & Bite reads (in the current node I'm playing, tile strength varies) “creates a strength 14 Green Strike tile each turn...." yet it was creating multiple strength 14 strike tiles each turn and they were of all colors, not only green as the ability's description reads. There was only one Mutation on the enemy team and at the time there was only one Bark & Bite countdown on the board and strike tiles were being created on tiles that weren't green. I may be missing something but this seems to not be doing what the description says. In the rare event anyone reads this I'd be happy to hear if anyone else is noticing this.

Comments

• SirLanik
    SirLanik Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    I encountered no bug in any node I played, but keep in mind the ones that look like a green version of Venom/Carnage (I forget the name of the goon) make tiles of every type and color- attack, strike, and protect.

Which exact node/enemies are you against?
  • W4LAndre
    SirLanik wrote:
    I encountered no bug in any node I played, but keep in mind the ones that look like a green version of Venom/Carnage (I forget the name of the goon) make tiles of every type and color- attack, strike, and protect.

Which exact node/enemies are you against?

The event is over for me and to be honest I don't recall the specifics. I believe it was the mutation and one of the regular hammer soldiers, the other may have been a demolisher but I can't say for certain. I think the one you are thinking of is the Carrier, but I don't know for sure. I looked at all the abilities of the enemy team and I don't think any other enemy ability made any kind of special tile, which is why I thought it was strange. Either way, thanks for the reply. Not being able to go back and play the node again makes it kind of hard to nail down anything for certain
  • W4LAndre
    Since venom bomb is being run again I was able to pay closer attention and I managed to get a screenshot showing mutations creating non green strike tiles. The lieutenant doesn't make any special tiles. That Bark and Bite countdown isn't working as the description reads. It isn't the end of the world but it does make things a bit harder than they should be. Here it is for anyone who cares to see. This probably won't be fixed any time soon but at least it is out there.
    2dw7tbl.png
  • SirLanik
    SirLanik Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    I can confirm an issue with the Symbiote Stalking ability (Green) of the Horror as well. It currently reads that it generates Green Attack tiles, but in reality it creates Attack tiles of any color.

I was also able to confirm that the Bark & Bite ability (Red) of the Mutations is indeed making strike tiles of any color.

It's likely the ability text just didn't get updated whenever the final version of the ability was chosen. It's very likely the are working as intended, just with the wrong text.