Crash: Ghost Rider vs Galactus

Options

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:
    I found the clip that probably inspired this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hx8ob0BAkOs

No idea where you found this, but this needs to go into the OP and saved forever! Maybe toss it in the meme thread? This is classic!
  • skippytx
    Options
    I beat the node the first try with a 0/4/0 GR @ 127 (7442 health). Went in with +2 rainbow +2 red/yellow and 100% match damage boost. Got a decent board, played smart and came out victorious. Got a blue Mr. F for my trouble.

Having a black cover would have made it a little easier, but it can be done without black.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    OJSP wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    Minimum Requirements to beat this node 1/2/1--Lvl 111
    So basically, impossible? a 1/2/1 4* can only go up to 94.. his health is 5548 at this level.
    Also.. I'm surprised you haven't got the 2000 pts reward from the SHIELD Simulator..

See, there you go, I have no idea how they figure out levels with those odd configurations. a 1/2/1 only 94 but a 0/3/1 111.

As for Shield Sim, I find it easier to wait until later to start pushing, that way I'm hitting people for 75 points instead of 40. Playing my buddies Sim, I'm still not sure how to build GR. 5/3/5 seems to be right, but 5/5/3 isn't bad either. Honestly I don't think I'll decide GR until the 4* boost. Because right now, he's a great solution to 5* match dmg as he can hit them hard at level 5 black. But if 4*'s get enough boost, than perhaps 5/5/3 might be better. Current PvP meta he's a throw away, unless JG hits you with AoE as you were wearing down IMHB, you can then turn around and one shot her.
  • donietsche
    donietsche Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Beat the node with a 0/3/1 lvl 111 GR (first try).

Sure, probably I had a lucky board, but it's doable (edit: and I see more than one user that beat the node with similar builds). So don't lose all hope, even if you have a low level character for this one!
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Do GR's attack tiles get the bonus damage? If Galactus isn't classed as a "villain" then there's something wrong...
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I wasn't even gonna try with my 0/3/0 but an alliance mate beat it with his 0/3/0 after a couple tries so I figured why not.

Boosted crit damage since those seemed doable against Galactus not moving the board. Also boosted r/y and g/b damage all the way. Managed to beat it on my second try! I'm sure I needed a little luck to be able to control the CD tiles, but getting off an early red does wonders and then just control the board to victory, shooting off additional reds when available.

Edit, it really helps that the 3rd cover in a color gives an extra 20 levels as I'm sure the added health is what allowed me to win
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    Options
    6513e941-2945-4652-9cdc-de0a3f7de6f0.png
  • Flare808
    Flare808 Posts: 266
    Options
    So, my bracket has a few interesting builds that have beaten Galactus. So far:

1/3/1 lv. 115
    0/1/1 lv. 70
    2/4/4 lv. 132
    0/3/0 lv. 105

The 0/1/1 must have gotten really lucky being able to match away most of the countdowns to avoid damage and the 0/3/0 did it without Penance Stare at all.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Options
    My 131, lvl 115 ghost rider managed to beat big G on first attempt. Got an extremely lucky board full of reds/grs and triggered his abilities early. And honestly, this was going to be my one token attempt at the node today too. icon_lol.gif
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Well, my 0/3/1 lvl 111 is not having any luck.. when i finished my regular ddq this morning, i was #4 in the bracket.. now am #68, so 64 people have beaten it in my bracket.. guess i will keep working!
  • clay_peterson
    clay_peterson Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I beat it on my 10th try with lvl 130 0/4/2 GR. I finally got a good board that let me cast red twice early on. The CD would hit for 1000 dmg each time it proc'd -- the attack tiles were almost incidental. Now it was just a matter of controlling Big G's CDs until I could chip down his health. I even cast a spell third red towards the end, which let me down him right before a fatal CD went off. Never got enough black.

At this point I don't know what GR's best build would be. I thought is red was his weakest, but 1k every two turns (at only four covers, at only lvl 130) is nothing to sneeze at.

Edit: got a Rulk red for it. Not bad!
  • Beat it first try!! I was super surprised given that my rider is 0/4/0. Having 4 covers in one special was able to increase his level higher then having like 1/2/1 or something. Used +2 red/yellow boost. Ended the match with 3 hellfires going. Rarely happens but I had a little luck with matching cd tiles. Not sure if people aren't even bothering trying or not but only myself and one other have beaten it in my group. Hopefully this gives a few more people some hope to keep trying and win!

Edit: After reading what others posted in this thread, I may have just gotten extremely lucky with board control and matching G's tiles. It's nice to breeze through clash with an under covered toon for once though:)
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Double post.
  • Hendross
    Options
    TxMoose wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:
    Besides Professor X, has that been possible with one cover in any other Crash?
    pretty sure IW was possible with just one. pretty sure that's it though.

Yes, IW also, same principle applies. I think IW was vs QS though, so exploding the locked tiles was a pretty good puzzler.
  • Hendross
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:
    I found the clip that probably inspired this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hx8ob0BAkOs

No idea where you found this, but this needs to go into the OP and saved forever! Maybe toss it in the meme thread? This is classic!

Epic find.
  • mikelnoe
    mikelnoe Posts: 92 Match Maker
    Options
    5th try Lvl 106 0/2/2 boost +2b/g +2 r/y ap +2 all ap
    match cd need black heavy board. Save Pennance until you get 24 then fire off one if you see enough black on the board to have 24 left at the moment B4 death so you can hit him twice for max damage.
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    Options
    0/2/1 GR.

Can't be done. Barely scratched him and only got red off once.

Correction: Someone in my bracket has a 0/1/1 GR and apparently did it. This person is clearly a witch.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've never gotten enough black to fire the damn thing off once, and I see people here collecting 36 black... I feel so inferior...
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Tried a few times so far with my 2/2/0 GR and tried to get his 1st black out of the taco vault. Failed that so went with plan B and used all the healthpack.png I got from the tokens to hit 2K in the Sim to get that black cover. Tried 3 times since and had bad boards every time.

The tales in this thread give me hope though so I'll keep trying.
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    Options
    0/2/1 GR.

Can't be done. Barely scratched him and only got red off once.

Correction: Someone in my bracket has a 0/1/1 GR and apparently did it. This person is clearly a witch.

Yeah whoever that was got 1 in a million lucky boards. F this. So improbable it might as well be impossible. Gratz on your Unicorn board.