Roster slots or covers?

BennettR
BennettR Posts: 26 Just Dropped In
edited December 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
I just bought the bonus pack of hp bc is was too good a deal to pass up. Now my dilemma is: should I buy more roster slots (I have 29), or covers? I need a couple more blue OBW covers, but they seem super rare.

Blue OBW covers or slots?

Comments

• Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Roster Slots
    Roster Slots
    Roster Slots
    Roster Slots
    Roster Slots
    Roster Slots

Blue OBW may seem rare but trust me, over time you'll see every 2* cover (except Bagman) again and again.
  • Coppertouret
    Coppertouret Posts: 169 Tile Toppler
    Slots. Please don't buy 2* covers. You will absolutely regret it later.
  • Eichen
    Eichen Posts: 176 Tile Toppler
    Roster Slots for sure. Blue OBW covers (actually any 2* covers) will come for free eventually but roster slots never do.
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    If the question was that last elusive (insert 4* cover here) or roster slots, you'd have a legit dilemma...but roster slots or OBW covers?

ROSTER SLOTS!!!!!!! icon_mrgreen.gif
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    if you need 2* covers, play as many versus seed teams as you can handle this week between the season events and the lightning rounds that start tomorrow, those will drop 2* covers sometimes and can really accelerate covering those early 2s.
  • BennettR
    BennettR Posts: 26 Just Dropped In
    f8b27de1c41e3776380552d96fb746b3528d7ab727225b1a2e365f91de71ac19.jpg

Thanks! I appreciate the input!
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    In case it wasn't mentioned, i would go with roster slots! But when you have enough roster slots, remember, next week, you are going to need some more roster slots, and you should have them just in time to need more roster slots (90 and counting here..).
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Much like menus without prices, if you have to ask, you know the answer.

(The answer is roster slots.)
  • Malcrof
    since were on the subject of OBW, 3/5/5 for her build. You should get a few of them and put them in your shiny new roster slots.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    At this point with DDQ being a great resource for 2* and 3*'s and the new meta being 4* (potentially 5* down the road), there is absolutely no reason to buy any 3* or 2* covers. Roster slots are needed to have every character so you do not miss out on any essentials.

The only time I bought a 3* cover was the 5th red for Steve Rogers (Super Solider) during the Ultron release so I could throw shields at his bombs. Other than that, I have not needed to ever buy a 3* cover. I rather wait patiently for their DDQ.

With that said, no, do not buy a OBW cover. In a month or two you will hate opening 2*s from tokens and you will regret the purchase.
  • Redrobot30
    Redrobot30 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
  • kaelad
    kaelad Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    I'm in a similar position to OP. I have 8 OBW covers and was tempted to spend HP to get more. I decided to use my 6 Deadpool tokens first and got 3 covers I can use:

star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_daredevil.pngblueflag.png
    star.pngstar.pngicon_storm.pnggreenflag.png
    star.pngstar.pngicon_blackwidow.pngblueflag.png

Anecdotal evidence, I guess, but I think I've staved off spending HP on covers now that I got some usable ones. I hadn't got anything useful trying to finish my star.pngstar.png characters in a week and was starting to get anxious.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    roster slots, shields, and sometimes daily 100 hp specials on rare vault event tokens that have decent odds of actually winning something good, such as the recent naughty or nice vault.

never on covers, not even for 4*s, unless you have thousands of hp to burn.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    In case it wasn't mentioned, i would go with roster slots! But when you have enough roster slots, remember, next week, you are going to need some more roster slots, and you should have them just in time to need more roster slots (90 and counting here..).

Why do we need more slots next week?

got 97 here (14 open)
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    Even my 524 OBW knows the answer is always roster slots.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Malcrof wrote:

ONLY 90? icon_twisted.gificon_eek.gificon_lol.gif

101 here. 4 extra mbw (with 5 blue covers each), a second fully covered jug, a second obw (with 3 pink covers) for TUs, plus a few 2/3* dups for pve grinds. icon_cool.gif
  • Malcrof
    puppychow wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:

ONLY 90? icon_twisted.gificon_eek.gificon_lol.gif

101 here. 4 extra mbw (with 5 blue covers each), a second fully covered jug, a second obw (with 3 pink covers) for TUs, plus a few 2/3* dups for pve grinds. icon_cool.gif

Fully covered bagman in the mix as well. All 2*s , 3*s, 4*s (including miles and venom) and 5*s, plus 1* Iron Man, Storm, Spidey, (thats 85 right there!)

Add in 1* yelena, hawkeye, juggs, venom.. and you are up to 89, without any dupes. I don't have those last 4 1*'s, i went with dupes.. 5 cover purple daredevil, 5 cover dp whales, etc.. just for team ups.