Will the new PvE placement rewards change your participation

Cymmina
Cymmina Posts: 413 Mover and Shaker
edited December 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Now that the top 10 players will receive a 4* cover rather than just the top 2, how much will this change how you participate in PvE events?

For reference:

1-2: 3 covers
3-5: 2 covers
10-7: 1 cover
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• cyineedsn
    cyineedsn Posts: 361 Mover and Shaker
    Cymmina wrote:
    Now that the top 10 players will receive a 4* cover rather than just the top 2, how much will this change how you participate in PvE events?

For reference:

You might be missing an option for those who only play for cp or leg tokens
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Missing the option for, i stop at the LT unless its a new release.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    Missing the option for, i stop at the LT unless its a new release.
    I was going to post the same thing, stop at token_legendary.png finish wherever that puts me
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    What I have realized is that I play PVE for the LT, CP, and HP. I can get op 50 per sub and top 50 overall and that earns be the LT, CP, and enough roster the next new character. If I don't play PVE my HP supply goes way down with new character releases. I am hoarding taco tokens so I have not earned any HP from their in a long time. I actually feel bad taking 3* from people who need it, but I need the ISO and HP to progress in the game.
    I don't think I have the will to be a top 10 PVE player. A 2hr grind just feels to much to me.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    I'd go for the "LT progression reward then quit" option myself, but there really should be a "It won't change how I play at all" option in there.
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    I picked that I still wont play PVE, but the reality is different: Im likely to quit entirely. While it is expanding the rewards it seems truly meaningless. I just dont have the time/discipline/motivation to place T10. That level of play is just not fun. And if that is what they consider adequate to allow for progression....it doesnt work for me. I used to regularly place t50 in PVE....I made that in the MM release by monitoring bracket starts. I made it through two clears of VB and dont think Ill play any more. The level of effort to tread water in the 4* world is just not fun, let alone try to progress, and the luck required for 5*s is demoralizing.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm totally burnt out on pve. I only play it when my alliance requires it for new character release. Otherwise I just do a node here and there, but I don't bother trying to win lt, it's just too much endless work and repetition for very little reward. I used to be really into pve, but after doing it for 1.5 years solid, enough is enough.

Now I just stick to pvp and ddq.
  • FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    For new character releases (which I assume are unchanged) it will be business as usual.
    But for a regular PVE, it will depend on the 4* being offered. If the cover offered for t10 is one I could train I might push for that.
  • Redrobot30
    Redrobot30 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    I voted for pushing harder, never thought I'd post that, but with the caveat of only doing so for characters I want. Which I assume alot of other people will do too. I have all the 3*s leveled and carded where I want them so I have just been farming for HP and CP while stopping the event when I hit the LT mark. I think I'll pick and choose which events to go hard on though. Burn out is a real thing....
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    The answer is, "if it's a cover I need, and I don't land in a bracket full of crazy ****-roster grinders"
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    *Checks alliance rewards*

-whew-, still nothing great there, no reason to return to this awful grind.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I can only make top 10 if I'm somehow placed in the n00b bracket. And even then I have to do 4-5 clears plus crazy grinding in the last hour, every single day of the event. So it's not an easy ride.

If I'm not in the n00b bracket, then it's impossible. Somehow even doing 6+ clears isn't enough to make meaningful progression rewards or get any nice hp progression rewards. All you get is ISO, an LT and a few cp... just not worth it. I need to have my life back!
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'll play for the LT way less and play for bracket shopping the last few hours a lot more.
  • Gave up on PVE like, a year ago. Still true.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would have played sim differently because I could really use that thor blue. joined a late slice 3 in venom...only thing is I wasn't paying attn. and actually pre-joined slice 3 of sim. so, ****, guess i'll only be farming cp/iso/tokens. not grinding the whole thing and with the levels the way they usually are, probably won't go for the LT, but we'll see.
  • The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 493 Mover and Shaker
    Same as most on here:
    Play for to LT in progression, and for new releases make sure I get at least 1 cover so I'm not screwed for the next PVE due to required characters.
    Playing for t10 is ridiculous hard/time consuming even before this. It will only be worse I'd imagine.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    The change has convinced me to not even think about trying for top 10. I always just go for top 50 for the imcoin.png from the subs. I'm actually worried that the change will actually make getting top 50 that much harder because more people will be chasing top 10.

If that turns out to be the case, I may be giving up on PVE and move to the PVP world.
  • NewMcG
    NewMcG Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
    Cymmina wrote:

For reference:

For accuracy's sake, it's only 3 covers for #1, not top 2.