Do you keep playing after you know you locked in your rank

slidecage
slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
edited December 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
This mostly applies to 4 star PVE but since 21 to 100 gets the same cover do you keep playing after you lock in your ranking..

Give idea right now there is 4 hours left or so in my PVE and ranked 16th (been taking top 50 though the entire event) i mean there is really no reason to keep playing since one i know im locked into top 100 (mostly locked in to top 50)

they really need to make top 50 get more covers then top 100 or so ..... at least it gives me a little break before starting the next PVE

but was just wondering do people grind to the end even though they know they are getting the same cover (talking 20 to 100)

Comments

• MojoWild
    MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    I might if there's still a worthy progression within reach or a Command Point node.
  • slidecage
    MojoWild wrote:
    I might if there's still a worthy progression within reach or a Command Point node.

think most would be completed with the progression rewards wouldnt they ?

Then again maybe not

looking at my bracket pre grind for them only 17 people have 65k

tempted to keep giong up to 15th now but Vemon black sounds awful
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    slidecage wrote:

I agree that it is awful. And I suspect this may be why players are generally not pushing as hard for t20. icon_lol.gif That being said, I would imagine Brock black would work awfully well if you got Antman 5 blue covers, along with carnage on your team. icon_twisted.gif
  • slidecage
    puppychow wrote:
    slidecage wrote:

I agree that it is awful. And I suspect this may be why players are generally not pushing as hard for t20. icon_lol.gif That being said, I would imagine Brock black would work awfully well if you got Antman 5 blue covers, along with carnage on your team. icon_twisted.gif

well if you had pepople that would work with it i could see it being nice but hate to build up new teams...i dont i ever use strike tiles
  • MojoWild
    MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    slidecage wrote:
    MojoWild wrote:

think most would be completed with the progression rewards wouldnt they ?

Then again maybe not

looking at my bracket pre grind for them only 17 people have 65k

I've been placing top 50 pve, playing fairly regularly, and haven't completed all progressions in a while.
    But the question was do you keep playing when slot is locked. Players are locked into placement brackets up and down the spectrum. Someone locked into top 150 probably still have progressions to try for.
  • No I don't. For instance I could try to battle for T20 in the Venom PVE but it's been a rough bracket and I have to work today. The extra cover isn't worth the hassle to be honest. One more clear will get me the LT and I'll be done for the event. I really don't care for PVE to begin with, but I got into a decent bracket and have been hovering in the low teens to high 20's all event. I won't spend 3 hours today grinding to maybe land T20 though, not worth it.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    by the time I lock my pve place, I'm usually so burnt out I hate the game for a while and need a break. really dislike pve and try the late bracket lottery sometimes. i'll play short ones to the LT, where I don't care about placement at all.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    If I am locked into a particular rank then I wind down my playing to just the nodes that don't force me to use health packs to grind them, a few more points that don't cost me to help my alliance doesn't hurt.

This Venom event is the only one recently where I have just stopped at the LT, I knew I wasn't going to be able to make t10 and really didn't give a damn about getting that dreadful black.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Yeah once I get the LT, I definitely slack off on events. I'm usually around rank 25-35 by that point, so I'm pretty much guaranteed a T100 spot. If there's a day or so left, I may work on the CP nodes to keep my overall ranking in place, but one cover reward is enough for me on new characters. Even if I did get all 3 colors for a new character, they'll still going to be tinykitty in the next pve, which is the only place I'll realistically use them for the next few months. So it's not even worth the effort to get in the T20. I'm not in an alliance so there's no obligation there either. In Venom Bomb I stopped playing it all together once to hit LT and slept peacefully (8 hours were left). I only dropped to rank 36.
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    This is the question I'm dealing with right now in the last 45 minutes ("What are you doing on the internet, idiot? Play! PLAY!!"). I'm secured in t10 - currently at 4 - and there's slim-to-no chance of getting t2, but still I pick it up every few minutes and bang out another node. Guess I don't want to give the climbers a reason to climb.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    If I'm in top 10, I'll keep playing to make sure I stay there.

If I'm in top 100, I'm usually fine at that point, so it doesn't matter much, unless I really want to get another few 20 iso rewards..
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    This is the question I'm dealing with right now in the last 45 minutes ("What are you doing on the internet, idiot? Play! PLAY!!"). I'm secured in t10 - currently at 4 - and there's slim-to-no chance of getting t2, but still I pick it up every few minutes and bang out another node. Guess I don't want to give the climbers a reason to climb.

Nah, you're just being competitive, and pretending to make t2 sweat. icon_mrgreen.gif

I'll admit that I've done that a few times in the past, when a certain player is known to want t1 in every sub, and I push even though I already have t2 locked up. Fun times. icon_twisted.gif
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    Most of the time I am only playing for progression so once I have the LT I'm 100% done. On an occasion where I am going for placement like in Venom Bomb I never really get too comfortable so while I will slow way down I will still do a few matches just to avoid the disaster of a whole bunch of people passing me. If I'm top 20 I will never stop. Too much at stake. I've only ever made top 10 once and that was for Falcon America so it wasn't really worth it.
  • slidecage
    Had 20 mins left so i popped back in at 10 and did 2500 pts in easy runs... Pushed me from 23rd to 20th so Black vemon WOOO i guess

they really need to take it to top 50

was going to do sim until i seen the levels... NAH 3 days off i take instead
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    puppychow wrote:

Nah, you're just being competitive, and pretending to make t2 sweat. icon_mrgreen.gif

I'll admit that I've done that a few times in the past, when a certain player is known to want t1 in every sub, and I push even though I already have t2 locked up. Fun times. icon_twisted.gif

Ooh, I like that! Rank trolling!