Question about resetting stacks in Sim Basics.

Options
Unknown
edited February 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi, I just need to confirm. Will the stack points for the repeatables reset 12hrs from the last time you did that mission?

Or will they reset at every 12 hrs? Meaning that if it start at 1pm, it resets every 1am 1pm?

Previously it used to reset 8hrs from the time you last did that mission. I just want to confirm.

Comments

• From what I understand from other posts, 12 hours after your last attempt at a given mission.
  • Yep, leave it alone for 12 hours & it will be back to full point value. If you start early you will get reduced points but it will continue regenerating. The stack is reduced in height by one when you clear a mission & increases by one 12 hours after that mission was completed, so 12 hours after you last fought a battle on that stack it is guaranteed to be full (since all previous fights would have been eg. 12, 12+1, 12+2, 12+3, 12+4 hours ago).

There are 5 missions in the "stack", worth 100%, 80%, 60%, 40%, 20%. Therefore the total points for one clear of entire stack = 300% of max displayed value assuming constant rubber-banding multiplier.
  • Got it thanks guys!
  • So the implication of this (for those that can't do math) is doing a mission before the stack is fully recharged (unless you're in the middle of grinding it down or you're about to go away for 12 hours) is a terrible idea. For instance, if you jump in before the last stack resets you get 80, 60, 40, 20 whereas for the exact same amount of work, you could get 100, 80, 60, 40 which is +80% if you wait for the reset.
  • ApolloAndy wrote:
    So the implication of this (for those that can't do math) is doing a mission before the stack is fully recharged (unless you're in the middle of grinding it down or you're about to go away for 12 hours) is a terrible idea. For instance, if you jump in before the last stack resets you get 80, 60, 40, 20 whereas for the exact same amount of work, you could get 100, 80, 60, 40 which is +80% if you wait for the reset.

Yes, and a corollary to your point is that you have to factor in completion time for optimal clearing. A 2 1/2 day sub (60 hrs.) essentially offers you a maximum of 5 full refreshes, but you'd have to join almost as soon as they start in order to get that many in. Assuming it takes you 2 hours to clear both subs (that may be a really generous estimate given the scaling), optimal start times for clearing would be (working backwards):

1. 2 hours before the subs close (58 hrs. in)
    2. 14 hours before that (44 hrs. in)
    3. 14 hours before that (30 hrs. in)
    4. 14 hours before that (16 hrs. in)
    5. 14 hours before that (2 hrs. in)

Working backwards helps you plan your attack best to maximize points if you plan to grind it out for top positioning in the event. That being said, given that for this event it seems that rubberbanding is based on the overall event leaders and not just the leader of your main bracket, it's easy enough to get in 2-3 refreshes and stay toward the top of your main bracket and eliminate much of the stress and time suck. I've been hitting the challenge mission (highest points offered) for 3-4 refreshes, and only clearing other nodes for the last refresh or sometimes 2, and I've got a comfortable 20K lead on my main bracket right now.
  • Yep. This also means that you should always hit the big nodes first and grind them down to 0. For instance, you can grind down nodes A & B and wait for healpacks, grind down C&D, wait, grind down E&F, wait, and when you come back, A&B could be full again. If you did a little A, a little, B, a little C, a little D, etc. then after you healed, you wouldn't have any nodes ready.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yes, and a corollary to your point is that you have to factor in completion time for optimal clearing. A 2 1/2 day sub (60 hrs.) essentially offers you a maximum of 5 full refreshes, but you'd have to join almost as soon as they start in order to get that many in. Assuming it takes you 2 hours to clear both subs (that may be a really generous estimate given the scaling), optimal start times for clearing would be (working backwards):

1. 2 hours before the subs close (58 hrs. in)
    2. 14 hours before that (44 hrs. in)
    3. 14 hours before that (30 hrs. in)
    4. 14 hours before that (16 hrs. in)
    5. 14 hours before that (2 hrs. in)

Working backwards helps you plan your attack best to maximize points if you plan to grind it out for top positioning in the event. That being said, given that for this event it seems that rubberbanding is based on the overall event leaders and not just the leader of your main bracket, it's easy enough to get in 2-3 refreshes and stay toward the top of your main bracket and eliminate much of the stress and time suck. I've been hitting the challenge mission (highest points offered) for 3-4 refreshes, and only clearing other nodes for the last refresh or sometimes 2, and I've got a comfortable 20K lead on my main bracket right now.

The numbers aren't actually that bad because resets are per mission, not per clear. So if it takes me 10 minuts to grind down the stack on a mission, I can start again on that mission 12 hours later. This makes my actual cycle time 12 hours 10, not 14 hours. It means when I start on Mission 1, Mission 12 will still have another hour 50 left to fully reset, but by the time I reach mission 12, 1 hour 50 into my clear, it will have restacked.