Iron Fist Attack tile bug?

Nevik
Nevik Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
There seems to be a bug with Iron Fist... if his green Attack tile and other Attack tiles (i.e. Blade's purple) are in play, then the green is matched/destroyed, and then the others are destroted, IF's Attack tile doesn't come back. I don't remember this happening before, maybe it's an issue with a recent update?

If anyone else has seen this happen, please comment.

Comments

• SirLanik
    SirLanik Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    Correctly not a bug. It's something that doesn't come up a lot, as most people don't run multiple characters that make attack tiles, but if you read his ability, it says "if there are no friendly Attack tiles, create a strength <x> Green Attack tile."
  • Nevik
    That's not quite it... even after the other Attack tiles are matched or destroyed (none left on the board), Iron Fist"s does not come back. That does not match the description of the ability and seems like a bug...
  • Nevik
    OJSP wrote:
    Nevik wrote:
    That's not quite it... even after the other Attack tiles are matched or destroyed (none left on the board), Iron Fist"s does not come back. That does not match the description of the ability and seems like a bug...
    I see.. apologies.. i missed that bit of information in the OP.. any chance this happened in the last wave of a survival node?

If not, maybe there is a different bug that's affecting this skill.. I'll see if i can reproduce this later in the game

Yes, I believe so... Iron Fist / Blade / Falcon is my usual team for last node of DDP, so that would be a survival node. Is this a known bug then?
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    I use IF in all trivial nodes, and i saw no evidence of any bug. The attack tile came back every time, even matched it myself a couple times to check. If you are fighting carnage with him (which right now cagefist works great against him) it is hard to see attack tiles in all the spam, maybe you missed a friendly one carnage made for you?
  • Nevik
    Just took a peek at the "R90 bug: Passives disabled in final wave of survival nodes" thread... seems like a symptom of the larger disease.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nevik wrote:
    Just took a peek at the "R90 bug: Passives disabled in final wave of survival nodes" thread... seems like a symptom of the larger disease.

That would not apply, as his passive is at the beginning of a turn, and not end of, or result of. So even matching the tile yourself to end a wave, it would still trigger on the first turn of the next wave.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Huh? I thought the bug was that passives don't work on the last wave no matter what, because the "fight's over, no more passives" flag triggers early. Diabolical Plot doesn't work either, IIRC.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    If passives get disabled by the last wave, then it's entirely plausible IF wouldn't create a new tile.

Hopefully r91 will be released soon. I'm kind of shocked they left this one in the game for an entire patch cycle but pushed an off cycle fix for a Phoenix ability description.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    If passives get disabled by the last wave, then it's entirely plausible IF wouldn't create a new tile.

Hopefully r91 will be released soon. I'm kind of shocked they left this one in the game for an entire patch cycle but pushed an off cycle fix for a Phoenix ability description.
    The off-cycle push for Phoenix was a purely server side update, at least for iOS devices.

I'm still not sure what the off-cycle client update was that messed up several Android users, but that was a couple days after the Phoenix update. As an iOS user, I haven't seen a client update since R90 on Dec 15.
  • BlackSheep101
    Really? I got the forced update and immediately came here to see what it was for. The only announcement was the Phoenix thing so I just assumed that was all it was. Curiouser and curiouser...
  • SirLanik
    SirLanik Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    Been using Iron Fist for the entirety of the Venom Bomb PVE, have been unable to reproduce this with other attack tiles. (either ones produced by my characters or by enemy carnage.)

If you can give anything more specific as to how this issue occurred, such as both teams, if it was a specific node, if it was PVP, or if it only happens when you use a specific character, would be helpful in trying to address what you are stating.
  • MPQ_Daywalker
    MPQ_Daywalker Posts: 384 Mover and Shaker
    I am experiencing this issue consistently in the Psylocke PVP right now. Using a team of Psylocke, IF, and Luke Cage, if I fire off Psylocke's black to generate an attack tile, and then both IF's and Psylocke's attack tiles are destroyed, IF's passive does not generate a new attack tile.

Oddly enough, the AI does not have this problem. If the team I'm fighting has an IF on their side, and their Psylocke creates an attack tile, and both attack tiles get destroyed, their IF creates a new attack tile.
  • BlackSheep101
    Can't replicate this in pvp. If I use psylocke's black and then lose IF's strike tile, it does not regen, as expected. If I then lose psylocke's tile, IF's comes back next turn.
  • MPQ_Daywalker
    MPQ_Daywalker Posts: 384 Mover and Shaker
    Maybe it's the order in which the attack tiles get matched? Or maybe it's when the tiles are destroyed and not matched? All I can say is that it happened to me in multiple matches... the first time I thought I imagined it, the second time I made note of it -- seeing Iron Fist and not having an attack tile is really weird. I'll be playing in the Vs. tonight again and will see if I can see more of a pattern. Although I'd be perfectly fine to just play with IF and continue to have an attack tile the entire match. It's not exactly a bug I'm enjoying (unlike the Vision strengthening IF's attack tile bug; I still miss that).