If 5* skews scaling one way...

Lowrider925
Lowrider925 Posts: 13
edited December 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Ok, so here's my thought. If having 5*s really messes up your scaling by pulling the average level way up, can you manipulate scaling the other way by having a couple level 1 1* heroes?

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Scaling considers the top 3 chars on your roster.

So unless you only have 3 chars, two of which are 1* chars, no, it's not going to work.
  • Huatimus
    Huatimus Posts: 115
    Yes you can sell off your 5*, so that the average of your top 3 characters are not too high level.
  • SirLanik
    SirLanik Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    As has been pointed out, you cannot easily skew your scaling lower, as scaling is always based off your top characters.
  • As I understand it scaling takes the top 3 characters average level and also your win rate in to consideration as well. If you win a lot then expect scaling to get harder.

Although it is worth noting that people report losing a lot on purpose, or tanking as they call it, does not reduce your scaling that much.

Basically expect it to get harder.

If it helps you decide I personally sold my 5* and I'm now stockpiling legendary tokens to pull in one go when I'm ready for the increase in scaling... ie when I'm ready to put some 4*s up to level 270 or more.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    No, you manipulate your scaling the other way by keeping your characters at a deliberate lower level. That's why you see rosters with max covered 3*s and 4*s but nobody is higher than level 94.