Grammar Police!

ZeroKarma
ZeroKarma Posts: 513 Critical Contributor
To start off on a high note, absolutely dig the Ghostbusters reference in sub 3, Back in Red and Black. Dogs and cats living together! Mass hysteria!

That being said, in the node previous Carnage is trying to "rest" control of the symbiotes from Venom. Unless this is some sort of passive manipulation I suggest "wresting" control of them in the future.

Hate to be the grammar police on this but an editor should have caught that.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/wrest

Comments

• Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,327 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hate to be the literacy police but that's not a grammar mistake, just a spelling mistake; more likely to be a typo than actual ignorance of the proper spelling.
  • ZeroKarma
    True, if it is the case that the writer meant to use wrest instead in of rest, but forgot the w, then it is just a simple spelling error. Still probably should have been caught.

I will flea this thread then. icon_e_wink.gif
  • ZeroKarma wrote:
    True, if it is the case that the writer meant to use wrest instead in of rest, but forgot the w, then it is just a simple spelling error. Still probably should have been caught.

I will flea this thread then. icon_e_wink.gif

I sea what you did there.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Also "reins" not "reigns". That one's been bugging me all day. icon_e_smile.gif
  • ZeroKarma
    Also "reins" not "reigns". That one's been bugging me all day. icon_e_smile.gif

Oh. I thought it was a WWE reference.

To be fare, I'm not the best person to meat punishment for spelling mistakes accept when it's obvious.

I don't want to be scene as wining, because I definitely appreciate the new content!
  • evil panda
    evil panda Posts: 419 Mover and Shaker
    I agree, the editor should of caught that.
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    evil panda wrote:
    should of
    *twitch*
  • Zen808
    Zen808 Posts: 260
    evil panda wrote:

Maybe their to busy.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    I hate all of you.
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    I thought it was spelt h8
  • I kneaded this thread.
  • ZeroKarma
    Orange you glad I started this thread? Just wanted to raze some awareness of a little problem. Not trying to be rood at all.

But let us not descend into talking babel. If we due, the devs mite medal, and it could get moved weather we like it or knot.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    ZeroKarma wrote:
    Orange you glad I started this thread? Just wanted to raze some awareness of a little problem. Not trying to be rood at all.

But let us not descend into talking babel. If we due, the devs mite medal, and it could get moved weather we like it or knot.

Our ewe shore a bout 7h47?
  • Demiurge_Anthony
    Demiurge_Anthony Posts: 156 Tile Toppler
    Thanks for pointing out these out. I'll make sure they addressed before the next run of the event.

Moved the topic to the bugs section.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    This one was always my favourite:

5xPabPj.png

(It's fixed now, I believe.)
  • Thanks for pointing out these out. I'll make sure they addressed before the next run of the event.

Not sure if intentional.. or...

Not-Sure.jpg
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    evil panda wrote:
    Now thats just evil!