R91 release date

hamsingame
hamsingame Posts: 66 Match Maker
edited December 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Anyone know how long it generally takes a patch release to come after it gets previewed in the announcements forum?

Got a lot of covers stinking up my pile but don't want to sell all in case the feature comes in before they expire!

Comments

• DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    It seems like usually a week or two but there's always the chance engineering difficulties could arise.

If you're concerned about the covers, just keep 'em in the queue and sell 'em off individually as they near expiration if the patch hasn't dropped yet, and/or don't open tokens until it drops.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    I lost a few 3 star.png because they expired before I can log back into my account. icon_eek.gif If you can avoid opening tokens for now, that is the best thing to do.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's the worst time of the year to schedule a major update.
    Apple has a freeze period from Dec 22nd to 29th, so the earliest you'll see this patch will be the 30th.

Of course any other development team would have given out details about championing as soon as the final build was sent off to first parties, but in here we'll see the stuff in game first and have to figure out how it works on our own.
    As usual.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Apple has a freeze period from Dec 22nd to 29th, so the earliest you'll see this patch will be the 30th.

Of course any other development team would have given out details about championing as soon as the final build was sent off to first parties, but in here we'll see the stuff in game first and have to figure out how it works on our own.
    As usual.

I suspect that they will release the community video during the freeze period. That will hopefully give us a breakdown of how the new feature works.
  • avs962
    avs962 Posts: 319 Mover and Shaker
    atomzed wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:

As usual.

I suspect that they will release the community video during the freeze period. That will hopefully give us a breakdown of how the new feature works.

Although that'd be great, I'm definitely not holding my breath for that, given D3's uncanny ability to consistently fail in the communication department
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    atomzed wrote:

Now that Joe Fletcher has left the building, you think d3 will continue releasing community vids? icon_e_confused.gif
  • AdamMagus
    AdamMagus Posts: 363 Mover and Shaker
    puppychow wrote:
    atomzed wrote:

Now that Joe Fletcher has left the building, you think d3 will continue releasing community vids? icon_e_confused.gif

I would think so

MPQ_November_2015_Community_Video.jpg

Those are Demiurge employees in the videos, not D3Go employees, so am hoping the videos will keep coming.
  • amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Bowgentle wrote:

As usual.

Don't forget about Red Hulk, who first appeared as an enemy in Simulator, the PvE before his release event.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    avs962 wrote:
    atomzed wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:

As usual.

Although that'd be great, I'm definitely not holding my breath for that, given D3's uncanny ability to consistently fail in the communication department

lmao. I was just about to say, what game is heeeee playing??? lol
  • Hopefully soon. I've got over 50 covers that expire in 13 days!
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    My money is some day on the week of the 4th-8th of January. Any earlier than that I'd be extremely surprised.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Time between forum post and implementation is generally about two weeks so first week of Jan is likely.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Time between forum post and implementation is generally about two weeks so first week of Jan is likely.

Agreed. They also need to release the patch to get the new character into the game, so I would expect it around Tuesday of next week. I suspect strongly they're back to the normal schedule of new character releases.