Holiday Tokens

Quick Fire
Quick Fire Posts: 67 Match Maker
edited December 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Why weren't any holiday tokens made available in pve? Unless I missed them?

Comments

• Ludaa
    Ludaa Posts: 542
    Don't ask why they do the things they do, it only leads to a dark and miserable place. Merry Christmas!
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,275 Chairperson of the Boards
    The holiday tokens are tied to the special holidays PVP, not PVE.
  • Quick Fire
    sinnerjfl wrote:

Which is why I didn't ask why there weren't Naughty and Nice pve tokens. But my question is why weren't there holiday pve tokens. They could have given us a holiday pve event but didn't. I don't play the broken PvP so I guess I'll just be thankful for my one free token. Yay Sentry
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quick Fire wrote:
    sinnerjfl wrote:

Which is why I didn't ask why there weren't Naughty and Nice pve tokens. But my question is why weren't there holiday pve tokens. They could have given us a holiday pve event but didn't. I don't play the broken PvP so I guess I'll just be thankful for my one free token. Yay Sentry

Play one match against a seed team and get another token.
  • Quick Fire
    Crowl wrote:

Thank you for the advice. I did do that and I got 1000 HP which is awesome but still missed the point. Pve players were left out. I don't even normally click over to PvP events. If it hadn't been for the forums I wouldn't have known about the event. Imagine all the non forum regulars who also don't play PvP. I just feel the devs missed something on this and would like them to be made aware.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quick Fire wrote:
    Crowl wrote:

Thank you for the advice. I did do that and I got 1000 HP which is awesome but still missed the point. Pve players were left out. I don't even normally click over to PvP events. If it hadn't been for the forums I wouldn't have known about the event. Imagine all the non forum regulars who also don't play PvP. I just feel the devs missed something on this and would like them to be made aware.

How are we left out? We received a brand new PVE and enemy types. The tokens are nice but I'm happy with new stuff.
  • Quick Fire
    Quick Fire wrote:
    Crowl wrote:

How are we left out? We received a brand new PVE and enemy types. The tokens are nice but I'm happy with new stuff.

We're left out because we didn't get the fancy 80 item vault with amazing rewards unless we want to suck it up and play PvP which I've found to be unfun (for me) and very frustrating (for me). I understand the whole system and the strategies. Doesn't make it fun for me.

I enjoy pve and usually, happily, stick exclusively to it. Now there's a fancy vault with amazing rewards (especially for three to four star transitioner) to celebrate the holidays and its pretty much exclusively PvP. The new pve events/characters aren't holiday celebration.
  • Quick Fire
    It's nice to see that each response other than mine are supporting the PvP only holiday event. It means it may just be me that feels this way and that means the devs are pleasing most of the community. At least the vocal community. I do appreciate everyone's feedback.
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    Quick Fire wrote:
    It's nice to see that each response other than mine are supporting the PvP only holiday event. It means it may just be me that feels this way and that means the devs are pleasing most of the community. At least the vocal community. I do appreciate everyone's feedback.

No, I've got your back here - it would have been nice if they'd included the tokens in a PVE event, too - I suspect the reason they aren't is because of introducing Eddie Brock & ramifications thereof.
  • Quick Fire
    jffdougan wrote:
    Quick Fire wrote:

No, I've got your back here - it would have been nice if they'd included the tokens in a PVE event, too - I suspect the reason they aren't is because of introducing Eddie Brock & ramifications thereof.

Thanks
  • Arondite
    Arondite Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quick Fire wrote:
    Crowl wrote:

"The developers are to blame for me not knowing about content when I only play 1/2 of the game".

C'mon bud. Let's choose our battles... lol.
  • Quick Fire
    Arondite wrote:
    Quick Fire wrote:
    Crowl wrote:

"The developers are to blame for me not knowing about content when I only play 1/2 of the game".

C'mon bud. Let's choose our battles... lol.

That's not my battle, bud. Read the original post. My complaint is that there wasn't a pve event that rewarded holiday tokens when there was a PvP event that rewarded them. Thru conversation, I just happened to mention I almost didn't know about the PvP event. I'm not blaming the devs for my lack of awareness.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    All I wanted was two 4* Cyclops cover. Was it too much to ask for?!

Screenshot_2015-12-27-20-24-37.png
  • Quick Fire
    All I wanted was two 4* Cyclops cover. Was it too much to ask for?!

Screenshot_2015-12-27-20-24-37.png

Wow
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    SWEET CHRISTMAS! Sorry for your loss.....